What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
Advertisement
Lol at Diaz being even considered. He’s plan F. Who else besides Temple offered him a job and based on rumors Diaz was their plan B.

We need a proven coach and I would not cry if the new guy cleaned house especially on offense.
and just where did you hear these rumors??? BS post

if he comes coley will be oc or co-oc to focus on recruiting and leavit would probably be dc but a former cane wants it too.

Trying to think of a former Cane who would be a big time DC hire. Must be too drunk to figure it out.

They gave him half the season to prove himself and he wasnt the OC or DC.....If we can give Diaz a 1 year contract then go for it. NO extensions till after the season
I don't want Diaz period. Under no circumstances. Just pointing out a situation where an assistant is promoted and succeeded. And Dabo actually sucked in the beginning. Even had a 6-7 season two years in. Doubt he would have survived past that point here.

Advertisement
He was fired from FIU mainly because AD Garcia, who he did not get along with, blew his load and thought he was he going to make a splash hire and replace him with Butch (Garcia and Butch go way back) After Butch figured out he couldn’t take the job because he would lose his buyout from UNC, he decided to work in TV and Garcia had to go find someone else. Not saying Mario is the guy but he wasn’t fired from FIU based solely on performance

Correct. That's exactly how it happened.

Josh Heupel
Mike Norvell
Dino Babers

Give any of those 3 Miami talent & we smoke the ACC.

Mario is 35-52 as a HC, Butch turned FIU around in just 2 years & Mario was there for 6 and couldn't do it. One year at Oregon & all he's proven is that with a potential top 5 1st round QB the best he can do is go 8-4. He's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes & people are falling for it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If these clowns take this opportunity & fück it up by bringing back Manny. I have no words. Think that might be the nail in the coffin. He will try to keep the band together..

There goes any production from me this week.... constantly checking this board, Twitter etc...

Advertisement
Josh Heupel
Mike Norvell
Dino Babers

I love Manny, but he needs to stick with Temple & prove he can get it done there for a few years before he's a legit candidate. I wish he would've just stayed on staff as the DC, but it's clear he wants to be a HC somewhere.

Mario is 35-52 as a HC, Butch turned FIU around in 3 years & Mario was there for 6 and couldn't do it. One year at Oregon & all he's proven is that with a potential top 5 1st round QB the best he can do is go 8-4. He's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes & people are falling for it.

**** it El, you’re making this too difficult. Just when I was starting to get on board with Mario, you spit this truth which makes me scared that Mario is nothing more than Al Golden with a slightly better resume.

Advertisement
He was fired from FIU mainly because AD Garcia, who he did not get along with, blew his load and thought he was he going to make a splash hire and replace him with Butch (Garcia and Butch go way back) After Butch figured out he couldn’t take the job because he would lose his buyout from UNC, he decided to work in TV and Garcia had to go find someone else. Not saying Mario is the guy but he wasn’t fired from FIU based solely on performance

Well he should've been. 6 seasons in going 3-9 should've gotten him fired.

Josh Heupel
Mike Norvell
Dino Babers

I love Manny, but he needs to stick with Temple & prove he can get it done there for a few years before he's a legit candidate. I wish he would've just stayed on staff as the DC, but it's clear he wants to be a HC somewhere.

Mario is 35-52 as a HC, Butch turned FIU around in just 2 years & Mario was there for 6 and couldn't do it. One year at Oregon & all he's proven is that with a potential top 5 1st round QB the best he can do is go 8-4. He's pulling the wool over everyone's eyes & people are falling for it.
Will Lane Kiffin get an interview in your opinion

Advertisement
Back