What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
Advertisement
Sorry. But that’s exactly what we said about CMR.

No we didn't. Some of us knew he would fail here. His best days were past him. Dude was fired from UGA for not being good enough. Only dopes thought he would be magically successful here.

Admin want's a quick search to prevent the class from exploding, to keep some of our major guys from transferring, and to not look like they're completely incompetent. They're not going to hire a guy like Manny to keep this subpar class together. They know they need to get this one right. Also, Blake's job depends on it and he knows it too.

Advertisement
Apparantly this program never learns from their previous mistakes. The Manolo hire would be mind boggling but anything out of The Gables these days defies the imagination.

You could argue the Cristobal/Manny fascination and obsession is a form of nepotism.

Sorry. But that’s exactly what we said about CMR.

No it isn't. No one said CMR learned a lot under Saban, that he would kick the **** out of the OL, or was there great confidence in CMR's Def. Coord. selection. When Diaz was hired, a BUNCH of people on this board didn't like the hire because of his past years coaching specifically at Texas.

So, nice try. CMR is gone. You should move on too.

Advertisement
I feel you , I just feel that kiffin fits what Miami has been missing . We’ve been away from our brash personality for far too long. People say he’s failed coach but guess what so was Schnellenberger and so was jimmy Johnson
Problem is Kiffin failed on multiple levels. He’s actually never done anything to justify a job as far as I can tell.

But if you want a ****y ******* that just might light up the scoreboard here....he might be your guy.

Not saying he couldn’t win here....I’m just skeptical.

If nothing else it would be entertaining as ****.

Advertisement
I agree. Plus he's young. Having spent time under Saban is huge. Concerning FIU. He took a bad FIU program turn it around and got a bowl game win. His firing was because of personal difference with AD Garcia
He beat a good Charlie Strong's Louisville team and we lost to them with Golden. Taggart was one year at Oregon and it was a mess. He will turn around Oregon. He is bringing in a awesome class for Oregon.

Miami is unique. You've got to understand the dynamics, Butch and Mario understand . We can't go outside with a coach that doesn't understand the dynamics. Both Mario and Butch have solid HC experience . Spend big money on a quality staff

Honestly its hard to really hold the FIU run against him all that much. I think its very difficult to sustain success long term at those kinda programs. Again, before people jump on me, I dont think he's perfect, but I like Mario, overall. NOt my first choice but I wouldn't hate it

I like the Rex Ryan smoke. He knows how to assemble a staff and would coach our boys hard!! He's a savage on/off the field and runs in the same coaching tree with Nick Saban. Think he would be a good recruiter as well..

I actually would like this hire as well.

Advertisement
I like the Rex Ryan smoke. He knows how to assemble a staff and would coach our boys hard!! He's a savage on/off the field and runs in the same coaching tree with Nick Saban. Think he would be a good recruiter as well..

NO.gif

Advertisement
Back