What I’m Hearing on Miami’s Head Coaching Search - Sunday PM

View as article
Advertisement
We need someone with a offensive mind, brash personality with bravado. Lane Kiffin me..

Thank god you don’t make the decisions. Lane is trash everywhere he’s been. His same size is long and tiresome

Holy **** that Richt walked away without a buyout. He could have easily negotiated millions (even at a reduced amount $5-15M is totally possible).

Part of me is blown away that he did the "right" thing to put UM in a good financial situation which we should actually all be insanely thankful for actually. Still blown away he chose to walk away versus make a few staff changes

Ironic enough Richt also just saved Blake's *** to a big extent. Blake fcked up big time giving him that extension last year and massive buy-out which could have really screwed us

Whole thing is crazy, just hoping we spend our new found fortune wisely...

He made the choice to save his son from being fired by his father. He surely could have still gotten at least some buyout.

At this point, I don’t care about the particulars. He did the right thing, we are moving on, and I’d prefer to view him through a positive prism.

Advertisement
The irony that Richt leaving with such class and dignity probably saved Blake James' job. Richt may have served our long term interests better if he refused to quit and required the massive buyout. Then James would have to be shown the door.

Sorry Diaz, no mulligans. You already quit. Wait a couple years then get back to us

No to Diaz, too soon. Bring me cristobal or Lane Kiffin over him.

You want to stop losing elite recruits and winning those type of recruitments? Go get cristobal who is a pitbull recruiter and one of the best of the business. You want passion? He definitely has it In coaching and recruiting
I used to be very against Mario but I’ve come around. His recruiting would be fun to watch.

No on Kiffin though man. The guy has had the complete opposite trajectory you are supposed to have as a coach.

Advertisement
The irony that Richt leaving with such class and dignity probably saved Blake James' job. Richt may have served our long term interests better if he refused to quit and required the massive buyout. Then James would have to be shown the door.

I can't believe James is still our AD.

It's going to be, in no specific order, Butch, Babers, or Cristobal. Leach won't get a look because of the PR issues (I know it's a stupid reason but some people in the BOT and in the Admin think this way) and he's also had subpar seasons at WSU and TTU. Campbell doesn't seem like he has any interest, Neal Brown is too young and coaching in the G5, and Manny has no HC experience period.

Advertisement
There is no short term solution, so keep the end game in mind. Need someone with passion & solid recruiting history.

Diaz defense saved our season people here need to quit jumping the gun.this university wi!I make a big mistake not hiring diaz.

Advertisement
Why are you guys so against Diaz? Just because he coached with richt? There’s no way they would hire and let him do the same thing as richt. They will tell him he needs to hire a legit Oc and staff.

Because he doesn't come with a pedigree. He was a GA at FSU in 1999 then followed Amato to NC State. How'd that work out for Chuck? Bounced around program to program. As a position or coordinator, has he ever been with a program that has at least one its conference?

No to Diaz, too soon. Bring me cristobal or Lane Kiffin over him.

You want to stop losing elite recruits and winning those type of recruitments? Go get cristobal who is a pitbull recruiter and one of the best of the business. You want passion? He definitely has it In coaching and recruiting
That is exactly how I feel. Diaz I think will be an amazing coach but he needs to prove it .

Mario is a hard pass....unfortunately it's going to take him saying no to the job for it NOT to happen. He has a future #1 overall draft pick at QB and STILL lost 4 games this season.

We have an administration that is simply not capable of making a good hire. They will find a way to F up this chance Richt has given us.

Nobody ripped Richt more than I did, but if he really did leave without taking any sort of buyout or severance....then the man must be applauded for not holding this program hostage.

If it’s diaz you better know he’s bringing in a big time OC. To me Diaz would be a desperation hire.

Advertisement
Back