What Happened To UNC Game Broadcast??

Come on man. Just stop it. Morris is a legend. Nobody should be making comments about firing him. Show some respect. If you want to criticize his coaching this year, then that's fair. However, he's done nothing to deserve the mutterings of a firing. To the contrary, the man should have a statue in front of the stadium along side The Wizard. The man has taken this team to the post season every year except one. He has the same number of CWS championships as Ron Fraser (2) and one more CWS appearance than Fraser (Morris-13, Fraser-12) and he did it in 6 less years. What other coach can say that? Facts matter.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Hurricanes_baseball
Mic drop.

I contend that he should have stepped down prior to last season. After last season, there should not have been a question in his mind that he should step down. Sometimes our ego is greater than the situation as a whole, and although Morris did great things for the program, he is leaving it is shambles, which is a shame for the team, university and his legacy.

Agreed, you let him ride it out as difficult of a season as this has been, but the AD needs to be held responsible for the state of the program.

Say you don't treat a coach like this, well look at FSU and Bowden, if you want a baseball reference look at Texas and Augie Garrido. Fired (reassigned) with one year remaining on his contract. You cannot say Morris has had a better career than Garrido, and you cannot say that we are headed in the right direction.

At this point shame on Morris for knowing the state of the program, and taking his victory lap, rather than encouraging new blood and a new direction. Also, shame on Blake James for allowing this to happen. If he did not see this coming he did he does not have the competence to run a D1 program. If he know this would happen he should be replaced for failure to do his job.

Advertisement
I contend that he should have stepped down prior to last season. After last season, there should not have been a question in his mind that he should step down. Sometimes our ego is greater than the situation as a whole, and although Morris did great things for the program, he is leaving it is shambles, which is a shame for the team, university and his legacy.

Agreed, you let him ride it out as difficult of a season as this has been, but the AD needs to be held responsible for the state of the program.

Say you don't treat a coach like this, well look at FSU and Bowden, if you want a baseball reference look at Texas and Augie Garrido. Fired (reassigned) with one year remaining on his contract. You cannot say Morris has had a better career than Garrido, and you cannot say that we are headed in the right direction.

At this point shame on Morris for knowing the state of the program, and taking his victory lap, rather than encouraging new blood and a new direction. Also, shame on Blake James for allowing this to happen. If he did not see this coming he did he does not have the competence to run a D1 program. If he know this would happen he should be replaced for failure to do his job.
First of all, we ain't FSU. We should have more class than them. Can't blame Morris for wanting another Season after last year. However, I think his decision that 2018 would be his last was made before the 2017 season. So, again, I wouldn't leave one year earlier just because of a bad season. That's called quitting on your team. Let's just appreciate what he's done for the program and honor the man regardless of the wins and losses this year.

It took an act of God but the Canes win 7-5 (6th wasn’t completed so the last UNC run was wiped out). Like I said earlier, credit to them for showing some fight today and overcoming a four run deficit.

First of all, we ain't FSU. We should have more class than them. Can't blame Morris for wanting another Season after last year. However, I think his decision that 2018 would be his last was made before the 2017 season. So, again, I wouldn't leave one year earlier just because of a bad season. That's called quitting on your team. Let's just appreciate what he's done for the program and honor the man regardless of the wins and losses this year.

It's not quitting on your team, it's knowing when the game has passed you by. In this instance, a case can be made that this happened years ago, and we are finally feeling the repercussions.

Not sure this is the best way to show appreciation. Is allowing Morris to fail in a way that has not be seen in about a half century doing either side any justice? Retiring his number, adding the said statue, or some other gesture sure, failing the team, his staff, fans, university and ultimately himself, no. This season, and allowing him to coach is a disgrace, and Blake James should be ashamed of himself for letting Morris to go out like this. I still also believe Morris should have stepped down. It was best for all.

Don't think what FSU did was low class, the game passed Bowden and a move needed to be made (same for Augie). Perhaps you felt UM was low class for letting Golden go due to the probation he pulled us through? No, he was failing and needed to be replaced. It is business, just like Bowden, and just like Morris should have been.

Your loyalty to Morris is admirable, but each season we fail and another season we fall further behind. What are we now, seventh best in state? FAU, FIU beat us now. Never thought I would see the day.

Last edited:
Advertisement

How can you sit through this season and say nothing? Bc it’s his last? I agree you can’t fire him now, but you could’ve asked him to step down last year after that embarrassment. He should’ve been booted after not winning the title in 08. No person is bigger than a program. Morris didn’t start this program or win it’s first title. Miami made the choice of him over the program and were now paying for it, and will be for years if DiMare doesn’t wake his *** up or if Lovelady isn’t hired.

Morris shouldn't still be the coach and DiMare shouldn't have been named the replacement. U Baseball is in way worse shape than football was at the end of the Coker era. If the DiMare family truly cares about the university, he should announce he's stepping aside so the program can start fresh under qualified leadership.

How can you sit through this season and say nothing? Bc it’s his last? I agree you can’t fire him now, but you could’ve asked him to step down last year after that embarrassment. He should’ve been booted after not winning the title in 08. No person is bigger than a program. Morris didn’t start this program or win it’s first title. Miami made the choice of him over the program and were now paying for it, and will be for years if DiMare doesn’t wake his *** up or if Lovelady isn’t hired.
Didn't we go to Omaha in 2015 and 2016? These are the growing pains of missed recruiting classes in 2015 and 2016. The only big recruits on the roster from 2015 and 2016 that are not pitchers are Romy from 2015 and Amdidas from 2016.

I have not been happy with his coaching this year. I've been really critical of the coaching staff if you read my other posts. Morris is retiring. There's no need to fire the man at this point. It won't change anything for this year. Some say it would give AD Blake James a glimpse of what DiMare is or isn't. I say it wouldn't matter because DiMare would get a pass because the team is so young. JT Arteaga has been solid with the pitcher recruiting.

I'm much more upset about handing the job to DiMare. They should have had an interview process where DiMare would have to interview for the job like everyone else. I think it was a massive mistake. In my opinion, DiMare is on the downside of his career. Could have hired Lovelady and been set for the next 20-25 years.

Hopefully DiMare's tenure is minimal. However, I don't think that will be the case because I believe this current roster is talented enough to get to Omaha by 2020 and that will buy him another 4-5 years.

Didn't we go to Omaha in 2015 and 2016? These are the growing pains of missed recruiting classes in 2015 and 2016. The only big recruits on the roster from 2015 and 2016 that are not pitchers are Romy from 2015 and Amdidas from 2016.

I have not been happy with his coaching this year. I've been really critical of the coaching staff if you read my other posts. Morris is retiring. There's no need to fire the man at this point. It won't change anything for this year. Some say it would give AD Blake James a glimpse of what DiMare is or isn't. I say it wouldn't matter because DiMare would get a pass because the team is so young. JT Arteaga has been solid with the pitcher recruiting.

I'm much more upset about handing the job to DiMare. They should have had an interview process where DiMare would have to interview for the job like everyone else. I think it was a massive mistake. In my opinion, DiMare is on the downside of his career. Could have hired Lovelady and been set for the next 20-25 years.

Hopefully DiMare's tenure is minimal. However, I don't think that will be the case because I believe this current roster is talented enough to get to Omaha by 2020 and that will buy him another 4-5 years.

I said you can’t fire him this year bc he’s retiring but let’s not act like he was the reason those teams got to Omaha in 15 and 16. It was filled with guys that would’ve gone to Miami as long as they had a program. Collins, Ruiz, Lopez and Abreu were born Canes like Duke johnson and Chad Thomas. And you forgot Miami had the easiest route there in both years. BC and VCU were the supers. It was a joke. The crime was going 1-3 when they got there. Including getting blown out multiple times. Sure it’s fine making the postseason every year but that’s not the standard. Getting to Omaha and WINNING is the standard. The game passed Morris by 10 years ago and now that he mismanaged recruiting he went from winning bc he’s got more talent than anybody to being terrible. If you had been paying attention you would’ve seen this coming. Having a legend figurehead as a coach never ends well. Miami day there and watched Texas do it and never adjusted their game plan. It’s shameful after the admin let football go to ****, you think they’d at least try to preserve the only prize they had left, this baseball program.

Advertisement

The recruiting class before was also a miss with only Chester making it three years as a position player which is why our "senior leadership" comes from a pair of JUCO transfers.

I think the most pivotal moment of the DiMare tenure will be this summer when he replaces himself as the lead assistant. Does he promote JD back to Assistant Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator and give Lopez the other paid job, or do we actually go out and hire a well regarded hitting coach/energetic recruiter? I can't imagine DiMare will make anywhere near what Morris makes (not to mention the ability of Mom and Dad DiMare to cut a check to help out) so there should be money available. If he chooses option A it's going to be a disaster. If he chooses option B it has a chance to work although I've never admired his in-game decision making as third base coach.

The biggest part you failed to mention was how mediocre this team was after 08. Barely making the tourney just right dt smashes in regionals year after year. Collins and Abreu’s class saved Morris’ job IMO. In college baseball you only have to strike it big one year and it’ll keep you employed for another decade. Look no further than NC State. I’m from Raleigh I saw it first hand. Avent was a year away from being canned before Rodon Brett Austin and Trea Turner saved him. He’s still got a job bc of them. Two years of Omaha sounds nice but when you dive deeper into things you’ll see that it was more of a fluke then the dynasty years of the past

I said you can’t fire him this year bc he’s retiring but let’s not act like he was the reason those teams got to Omaha in 15 and 16. It was filled with guys that would’ve gone to Miami as long as they had a program. Collins, Ruiz, Lopez and Abreu were born Canes like Duke johnson and Chad Thomas. And you forgot Miami had the easiest route there in both years. BC and VCU were the supers. It was a joke. The crime was going 1-3 when they got there. Including getting blown out multiple times. Sure it’s fine making the postseason every year but that’s not the standard. Getting to Omaha and WINNING is the standard. The game passed Morris by 10 years ago and now that he mismanaged recruiting he went from winning bc he’s got more talent than anybody to being terrible. If you had been paying attention you would’ve seen this coming. Having a legend figurehead as a coach never ends well. Miami day there and watched Texas do it and never adjusted their game plan. It’s shameful after the admin let football go to ****, you think they’d at least try to preserve the only prize they had left, this baseball program.
I get what your saying, but right, wrong, or, indifferent, Morris has made it to Omaha as a Cane more than any other coach including Ron Fraser and he did it in 6 less years. He's tied with the Wizard in National Championships. I'll leave to you and everyone else to decide whether he has underachieved.

I get what your saying, but right, wrong, or, indifferent, Morris has made it to Omaha as a Cane more than any other coach including Ron Fraser and he did it in 6 less years. He's tied with the Wizard in National Championships. I'll leave to you and everyone else to decide whether he has underachieved.

When Fraser took over, Miami didn't even have baseball scholarships or even uniforms, so let's pump the brakes a little and actually use context when comparing. Aside from a higher winning %, another thing Fraser did better than Morris was know when to walk away.

Advertisement

When Fraser took over, Miami didn't even have baseball scholarships or even uniforms, so let's pump the brakes a little and actually use context when comparing. Aside from a higher winning %, another thing Fraser did better than Morris was know when to walk away.

Exactly. Fraser built the program, you can’t compare that to anything. Morris took over a steady program and kept it going. And nobody is saying Morris wasn’t a great coach in his time, but he’s overstayed his welcome. Being a great coach and no longer being a good coach late in your career can both be true. He’s ruined his legacy, for who knows why. Sports is a what have you done for me lately and for him it’s nothing. It’s ok to be appreciative of what he gave and be ****ed at what he’s become.

Everyone knows Fraser built this program and is a legend. I'm not saying Morris is better than Fraser. However, everyone with this attitude of judging the man based on a couple of years rather than the whole body of work. It's just obsurb of people's expectations that you can never have a bad year. You wanna kick the man in the *** when he's already walking out the door and has done so much for the program.

Exactly. Fraser built the program, you can’t compare that to anything. Morris took over a steady program and kept it going. And nobody is saying Morris wasn’t a great coach in his time, but he’s overstayed his welcome. Being a great coach and no longer being a good coach late in your career can both be true. He’s ruined his legacy, for who knows why. Sports is a what have you done for me lately and for him it’s nothing. It’s ok to be appreciative of what he gave and be ****ed at what he’s become.
GTFOOH with that BS. Just a bunch of delusional fans. Never seen such unapreceative turncoats. Who would want to coach for fans like that. Reminds me of fans saying how great I was when I hit a home run (I played D-1 baseball), then calling me a n***ga when I struck out.

It's fair to criticize his coaching of recent times, but to say the man ruined his legacy and overstayed his welcome is not. I suggest everyone take that BS to Tally cause their coach has never won a national championship in 38 years!!! Get a reality check!!!

Advertisement
GTFOOH with that BS. Just a bunch of delusional fans. Never seen such unapreceative turncoats. Who would want to coach for fans like that. Reminds me of fans saying how great I was when I hit a home run (I played D-1 baseball), then calling me a n***ga when I struck out.

It's fair to criticize his coaching of recent times, but to say the man ruined his legacy and overstayed his welcome is not. I suggest everyone take that BS to Tally cause their coach has never won a national championship in 38 years!!! Get a reality check!!!

So the man is more important than the program. He won two championships, so let him run it in the ground when he gets old.

It’s all relative. There’s a different standard up there then in miami. They can’t complain bc it’s never happened for them. Look at Bama, their fans are ****ed and so is Saban when they don’t win a chip. It’s become the standard there. Is it fair? Probably not but it’s the reality of it. And once again I said it’s ok to be appreciative and disappointed. But it’s delusional to say in 20 years people wouldn’t look at Morris differently if he would’ve left after 16 as opposed to ruining the streak and being a miracle run away from starting the wrong kind of streak.

Advertisement
Back