What Happened To UNC Game Broadcast??

Advertisement
When was the last time we had a record 12 - 17.... Painful.

And a six-game losing streak? I know Morris in untouchable bc of he's a Hall of Famer, but if this gets even worse, like a 10-game losing streak for example, is it even possible for Blake James to pull the trigger and get rid of him like we did to Golden after the Clemson game?

And a six-game losing streak? I know Morris in untouchable bc of he's a Hall of Famer, but if this gets even worse, like a 10-game losing streak for example, is it even possible for Blake James to pull the trigger and get rid of him like we did to Golden after the Clemson game?
Come on man. Just stop it. Morris is a legend. Nobody should be making comments about firing him. Show some respect. If you want to criticize his coaching this year, then that's fair. However, he's done nothing to deserve the mutterings of a firing. To the contrary, the man should have a statue in front of the stadium along side The Wizard. The man has taken this team to the post season every year except one. He has the same number of CWS championships as Ron Fraser (2) and one more CWS appearance than Fraser (Morris-13, Fraser-12) and he did it in 6 less years. What other coach can say that? Facts matter.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Hurricanes_baseball
Mic drop.

The reason he isn't going to be fired is because you don't do that to a guy who has already announced that he is retiring in six weeks. It has nothing to do with his past record. If Morris still had five years to go, he would absolutely be on the chopping block right now.

17 strikeouts in yesterdays game. I have been critical of our approach at the plate (and rightly so) and i hope this doesn't sound like whining but we seem to get some outrageous strike calls.

I believe that if the umps get a sense that we have no concept of the strike zone they will start calling anything close.

Until we can show that we know the difference between a ball in the dirt and a fastball in the heart of the zone we are going to have to grin and bear it.

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
Come on man. Just stop it. Morris is a legend. Nobody should be making comments about firing him. Show some respect. If you want to criticize his coaching this year, then that's fair. However, he's done nothing to deserve the mutterings of a firing. To the contrary, the man should have a statue in front of the stadium along side The Wizard. The man has taken this team to the post season every year except one. He has the same number of CWS championships as Ron Fraser (2) and one more CWS appearance than Fraser (Morris-13, Fraser-12) and he did it in 6 less years. What other coach can say that? Facts matter.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Hurricanes_baseball
Mic drop.

Of course. I've been going to games at Mark Light since I was a kid (and Ron Fraser was still there). And now that I can't go to games very often I watch pretty much every one on ESPN 3. I respect and appreciate what Morris has done in his career. He's won a lot more than most and represented my alma mater honorably. I don't discount any of that. It's a question not just about Morris, but about Dimare and the whole staff though. Is there any level of failure this year that would lead to change? I'm sure Jagr is right that with six weeks left in the man's career there is nothing that's going to happen to Morris. To be clear, I also don't expect the losing to continue all season. We may even put together a few more series wins. But damage is being done to the program and I was wondering how bad it would have to get for the administration to feel like they needed to step in. Even if it's not firing Morris, is there something they would / could do?

Of course. I've been going to games at Mark Light since I was a kid (and Ron Fraser was still there). And now that I can't go to games very often I watch pretty much every one on ESPN 3. I respect and appreciate what Morris has done in his career. He's won a lot more than most and represented my alma mater honorably. I don't discount any of that. It's a question not just about Morris, but about Dimare and the whole staff though. Is there any level of failure this year that would lead to change? I'm sure Jagr is right that with six weeks left in the man's career there is nothing that's going to happen to Morris. To be clear, I also don't expect the losing to continue all season. We may even put together a few more series wins. But damage is being done to the program and I was wondering how bad it would have to get for the administration to feel like they needed to step in. Even if it's not firing Morris, is there something they would / could do?
I'm not big on DiMare. I've watched every televised game this year and last. I also played D-1 baseball. I really wonder what the **** DiMare is teaching this hitters. There's no way things should be this bad at the plate. They had 17 strikeouts last night!!!! That's nearly 6 innings of strikeouts. I don't see any changes in their approach to cut down on the strikeouts. That's on DiMare.

The team as a whole takes way too many 1st pitch strikes. To make matters worse, most of those strikes were right down the middle. Last night, I watched Tackett let a lollipop 1st pitch curveball go for a strike that he could have hammered. Then guessed at the next two pitches looking foolish as he swung at balls in the dirt. Late in the game, we had a runner on 2nd and no outs. Gil fails to make an attempt at a bunt taking two consecutive strikes before striking out swinging.

I know these guys are young, but this staff needs to get in these players faces to change this behavior. My high school coach got in my face right in the middle of a game a few times, so there's no sympathy just because they're freshman. And it's not only the freshman. The veteran players have set a bad example at the plate and need their asses chewed out.

I've commented on several threads on hitting approaches and how this team could improve their hitting. I really believe it was a mistake naming DiMare the head coach., but Morris is loyal to a fault and it's what he wanted.
I believe this team will be good in 2019 & 2020. That's good and bad. The bad part is it will mask DiMare's ineffective coaching abilities. We need a guy that can really teach hitting.

Last edited:
Amditis is just a mess behind the plate.
Morris seems to be the only one who’s unaware of this.

Guess we go for history tomorrow. According to the broadcast it would be the first 8 game losing streak in the history of Miami Hurricanes baseball.

Advertisement
Ouch... have our guys been skipping out on the batting cage. Streaming the game on ESPN was excellent... but the game results are getting old already.

I love how a relief pitcher had 13 strikeouts. We're seeing numbers from this team that you see nowhere else in baseball at any level.

We are on the verge of history, this programs first ever 8 game losing streak. We are seeing stratospheric strikeout numbers along with fundamental mistakes that simply shouldn't happen at this level .

From outward appearances the architects of this debacle don't appear to be facing any heat or pressure at all.

I'm an eternal optimist but i don't see this getting better anytime soon.

Advertisement
I grew up in South Florida and moved to Houston in '83. I suffered through all the good and bad Astros teams. a few years ago when we had back to back 100 loss seasons and the team was a laughing stock there was reason for optimism because you could see that the pieces were being put in place for where they are now.

I don't see that in this current Canes team. I really hope i'm wrong and lance is correct that the future is bright.

Part of what we are seeing is symptomatic of the successor being named already - complacency sets in. The guy going out clearly isn't as motivated ... it's human nature. And the guy taking over isn't as motivated as he should be, compared to a situation where he is competing for the job.

At this point, I agree with whoever said it in a previous post - go with total youth movement at this point. Burns, Tackett and Romy haven't shown enough, sadly, to keep their starting position. It sucks for them, but that's what should happen for the good of the team going forward.

Advertisement
I grew up in South Florida and moved to Houston in '83. I suffered through all the good and bad Astros teams. a few years ago when we had back to back 100 loss seasons and the team was a laughing stock there was reason for optimism because you could see that the pieces were being put in place for where they are now.

I don't see that in this current Canes team. I really hope i'm wrong and lance is correct that the future is bright.

The future is as bright as the inside of a black hole.

Canes lead 7-5 with a 6-run 5th. Currently in a rain delay. I have no confidence whatsoever the bullpen will hold it but nice to see some fight this afternoon.

Hopefully this S. Fla liquid sunshine will dampen the NC bats and we can put off making history for a another day

Resumed. Almost immediately started raining, Cabezas gave up a run on wild pitch, and now back into a delay leading 7-6 Mid 6. Infield is in terrible shape because of the umpire’s insistence on finishing the the half inning before putting the tarp out.

Advertisement
Back