What happened to stateoftheu

Cam had zero original information and simply copied info from other sites. That only lasts so long. You have to at least have a Lance type on your site to break things down to make up for that. I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did.

In fairness, there is almost never "original information." There are games and press conferences. Aside from getting commitments/de-commits, 99% of content stems strictly from those events.

Pope, Barry Jackson and Tim Reynolds (as much as I can't stand his fat, obnoxious ***) seem to be the only ones with actual lines to the Board to get actual insight.

Advertisement
That site was AIDS in html form. Absolutely useless. An embarrassment to the program, and we don’t need anymore than we already have.

In fairness, there is almost never "original information." There are games and press conferences. Aside from getting commitments/de-commits, 99% of content stems strictly from those events.

Pope, Barry Jackson and Tim Reynolds (as much as I can't stand his fat, obnoxious ***) seem to be the only ones with actual lines to the Board to get actual insight.
I agree with your assessment. However, it’s your job to get that info if you run a site IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What kind of ****, if I may ask?
poop GIF

I agree with your assessment. However, it’s your job to get that info if you run a site IMO.

Or... stay with me now.... or.... your job is to generate clicks to support ad/subscription revenue, and nothing more.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some real insight into the program. But IMO most fans are casual at best and only care about top-line information. Couple that with being a private university which means we can be more tight-lipped about things, and I think it merely boils down to being what it is.

If I were a Trustee, I wouldn't tell anyone a **** thing, besides send the 22 year old models to my yacht for cocaine orgies, of course.

Cam use to be a part of CanesInSight back in the day. I don't know him but but I think he is a good dude. As many others have said, SOTU lacks anything unique. Most of their articles are either reports from the game or opinion pieces. Reporting the same news everyone else reports is challenging because you have nothing unique. Opinions only matter when they come from highly respected individuals. We are both free sites and I wish them nothing but the best of luck.

Advertisement
Cam had zero original information and simply copied info from other sites. That only lasts so long. You have to at least have a Lance type on your site to break things down to make up for that. I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Original writing and reporting requires hard work, digging, developing reliable sources, interpretation and analysis of data and information,.... in short, lots of effort

Plagiarism ONLY requires the ability to copy the work of others

Many "Reporters" have done the math ........and chosen to be well rested, with clear eyes ....over hard work and having red ones

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cam use to be a part of CanesInSight back in the day. I don't know him but but I think he is a good dude. As many others have said, SOTU lacks anything unique. Most of their articles are either reports from the game or opinion pieces. Reporting the same news everyone else reports is challenging because you have nothing unique. Opinions only matter when they come from highly respected individuals. We are both free sites and I wish them nothing but the best of luck.
Soooo.......
door thank GIF

No, what they lack is anyone with any writing skills. Click on any "article" on that site, it reads like a 5th grader wrote it. Not only is it elementary writing, but it's either not proofread or edited at all. It's so embarrassing. Here is every article on there:

"The Miami Hurricanes played the Florida State Seminoles in football on Saturday night. The game score was 52-10, but it wasn't even that much close. The Hurricanes scored a lot of points early in the game, taking a big led into halftime, and never looked back. It maybe could have been even much worse for the Seminoles, but Manny Diaz called off the dogs and let young kids play in the later game."

It reads like the site is part of the Make-A-Wish network.

Advertisement
Back