What happened to Stacy Coley

He looked like he had a GREAT future after his frosh season. What happened,and how is he looking this spring? I fear that this is a rinse repeat story that we have heard far too often since the Pro bowlers left Coral Gables.
Hum, spring came and went summer passin', he is gearing in the fall 2015

Bigger, stronger, not 4.37 but still plenty fast ~ 4.47

Advertisement
**** Stacy got nailed but it was the Qbs fault of putting him in a vulnerable position, his throw led him right into that hit. If he threw that ball toward the sideline it would have been an easy completion. If it was me I would of had some choice words with the Qb for leading me into that hit

Stacy definitely needs to add some physicality and toughness to his game because as of last year it was all finesse. If he could do that, while increasing his concentration and develop a go to receiver mentality he would be a force and sure fire first rounder

Last edited:
Advertisement
He got Lance Legget-itis, beginning with getting nailed on that opening KO vs 'Ville

But now it's his contract year. If he can't get focused this season, well, I don't know what to say. I still have high hopes for him

He put on weight and is now back up to the size he was as a freshman when he had a good freshman year. He lost a ton of weight last year, and that's why he struggled. Follow the calories!

He had personal issues involving Joe Yearby's family all year. The matter has been handled though and Alfredo is happy that Coley kept working out on his own. No more details to ever emerge. Move on.

Combination of not knowing how hard you have to work to stay on top and confidence. Its very easy to lose your confidence at the collegiate level. He lost it early and never got it back. Nothing to do with him being soft. Beard was the best that could have happened to Coley. I expect him back to being elite this year.

Advertisement
Coley has always been a bit of a flake. Probably the result of being at a high school program that doesn't develop kids, demand hard work and accountability, enables the kids, etc. Bennett had no control over that team, it was straight up junkyard football.

There were times last year where Coley was in pout mode. **** poor effort, no energy, bad body language, etc. He's likely the type of kids that resorts to that garbage when he's not getting the ball.

Maybe he'll feel rejuvenated this year since he has a chance to be the #1 option.

Coley has always been a bit of a flake. Probably the result of being at a high school program that doesn't develop kids, demand hard work and accountability, enables the kids, etc. Bennett had no control over that team, it was straight up junkyard football.

There were times last year where Coley was in pout mode. **** poor effort, no energy, bad body language, etc. He's likely the type of kids that resorts to that garbage when he's not getting the ball.

Maybe he'll feel rejuvenated this year since he has a chance to be the #1 option.

Yes, kid has all the physical tools and could be a great one if he simply chose to be great instead of playing scared of getting hit and acting pouty. Hopefully he pulls it together this year.

Spot on

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back