What happened to Payton?

Advertisement
They have both been at um for 3 semesters. I swear yall think this is a video game or something and guys just play. This is real life and these kids have a lot going on with a pandemic included and no spring.
That boy Huff look like he still aint find the Weight room, lol.. He need to holla at somebody to give him that juice, he look hungry out there..

Advertisement
No WR accountability is the problem and it’s start with mindy

The fact the WR didn’t work hard during the season and the HC didn’t know or allowed it is why Manny is a Corch

Overhyped like a motherfcker so far. He's another one of those dudes that the fans turned into Terrell Owens before he did anything.
He’s a case study in how it goes around here, and I like the kid and hope he develops.

He’s a decent wr prospect, fits a mold of somewhat quick and fluid, not huge not tiny, came in a year we didn’t have others and was committed to us for a long time (since summer iirc). Also reportedly a good kid. Not local.

So what happened? He’s elevated as a prospect in the minds of fans based on hints and allegations. He did this at camp, he did this in a game highlight, the staff is super excited, just wait for green tree. Who said that? Alleged insiders on anonymous fab boards. All a a suddenly, he’s faster and quicker than we thought, must create great separation, glue for hands, fights for the ball, lots of YAC. But at the end of it all, what was true?

Harley needed 4 years to become really dependable. Many kids do. Payton may end up quite solid. But he is why I talk about Evals. We take kids like this and pass on elijah moore. We do not know what traits to look for in WR prospects, or at least, we haven’t been assessing them right the past 20 years.

Payton isn’t fast or quick enough to be fast or quick. He’s not so big he creates match up issues. He’s a kid with a solid mix of traits who may or may not excel but whether he will or won’t is going to be based on the traits few fans paid attention to when we were recruiting him. Toughness, hands, physicality. competitiveness, drive to work and improve.

Some kids are obvious physical specimens. Kids who are 97% percentile and up for their athletic peer group. And even they can fail b/c the traits I mentioned still dominate. But at least you know the bet with them. For kids who stand out less, we tend to use the wrong lens and wrong words to describe them as prospects. Or Elijah Moore would be playing at UM right now.

Sorry for the rant.

Advertisement
He’s a case study in how it goes around here, and I like the kid and hope he develops.

He’s a decent wr prospect, fits a mold of somewhat quick and fluid, not huge not tiny, came in a year we didn’t have others and was committed to us for a long time (since summer iirc). Also reportedly a good kid. Not local.

So what happened? He’s elevated as a prospect in the minds of fans based on hints and allegations. He did this at camp, he did this in a game highlight, the staff is super excited, just wait for green tree. Who said that? Alleged insiders on anonymous fab boards. All a a suddenly, he’s faster and quicker than we thought, must create great separation, glue for hands, fights for the ball, lots of YAC. But at the end of it all, what was true?

Harley needed 4 years to become really dependable. Many kids do. Payton may end up quite solid. But he is why I talk about Evals. We take kids like this and pass on elijah moore. We do not know what traits to look for in WR prospects, or at least, we haven’t been assessing them right the past 20 years.

Payton isn’t fast or quick enough to be fast or quick. He’s not so big he creates match up issues. He’s a kid with a solid mix of traits who may or may not excel but whether he will or won’t is going to be based on the traits few fans paid attention to when we were recruiting him. Toughness, hands, physicality. competitiveness, drive to work and improve.

Some kids are obvious physical specimens. Kids who are 97% percentile and up for their athletic peer group. And even they can fail b/c the traits I mentioned still dominate. But at least you know the bet with them. For kids who stand out less, we tend to use the wrong lens and wrong words to describe them as prospects. Or Elijah Moore would be playing at UM right now.

Sorry for the rant.
Underrated post, clearly someone who understands football at this level. This is the bigger issue but fans wanna focus on a cornerback coach that isn’t even in charge of recruiting cornerbacks, on a defense that has CB as it’s lowest priority position based on the scheme now and historically.

The biggest issue that affected Miami was the reduction of scholarships from 110 to 85; this is really why evals are so important.
If we missed back in the day, we were 3-4 deep at every position and would hit on somebody. All that’s over now.
Transfer Portal U might be the way to success for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't call him a bust, but he absolutely missed out on a PRIME opportunity to establish himself as THE WR1 in this offense and he didn't capitalize. They don't come around often and he may not get it again if some of these '21 kids come in and impress.

Advertisement

Sorry for the rant.
I agree to extent that the evaluations have quite a few misses. However, I am also under the belief that Elijah Moore isn't the player he is at Miami. There is just something off with this position that seems to be bigger than evals. Like the post above stated, we are becoming a bad place for WRs

I agree to extent that the evaluations have quite a few misses. However, I am also under the belief that Elijah Moore isn't the player he is at Miami. There is just something off with this position that seems to be bigger than evals. Like the post above stated, we are becoming a bad place for WRs
if you want to believe in mysticism, go right ahead. i think it’s less complicated than that. we’ve evaluated poorly at the spot, schemed poorly and had terrible play calling and an decision-making.

our two wrs who had been ok in the nfl in ages are dorsey, who is legit fast, and burns, who is legit physical.

Advertisement
if you want to believe in mysticism, go right ahead. i think it’s less complicated than that. we’ve evaluated poorly at the spot, schemed poorly and had terrible play calling and an decision-making.

our two wrs who had been ok in the nfl in ages are dorsey, who is legit fast, and burns, who is legit physical.
Scheme and Player development have been bigger issues at this position than evaluations. Jeff Thomas was higher rated and faster than Moore but was an average here.

Do you even know what spread means

Yep I learned it from ur ol lady ...

46A0F9FF-D410-4261-AF28-D397DEBC6E92.gif

Advertisement
Back