What does Mario have to do?

My summation of has been, “Make winning easier, not harder.” It’s so freaking simple.

Miami is littered with the corpses of careers where the coach who made winning harder instead of easier. Hundreds if not thousands of micro decisions that each contributed to their downfall, instead of buoyed them during times of difficulty.

Winning in CFB is already hard, you should hire guys who’ve proven they make it easier, instead of guy who coach “your style”. If your style isn’t winning, it’s a bad style. If your coach isn’t wanted elsewhere, he’s a bad coach. If your players (the ones you start), don’t give you the best chance to win, they shouldn’t be starting.

Make. Your job. Easier.

On that vein of “Make your job easier”, one thing that coaches have to do is understand that while winning is EVERYTHING, if you set championships as the only goal and aren’t named Nick, Dabo or Ryan, you won’t last long enough to see results.

Winning takes time, yes. Asinine decisions like keeping a clueless coordinator that set back your chances of attracting, recruiting and retaining good players and coaches are self-inflicted punishment.

Mario needs to do a better job of being humble, figuring out where he is chronically deficient, and get out of his own way. I’ve been pounding the drum for YEARS that a “bro-style” offense only works if you are stacking chips every year, which we obviously haven’t come close to. Switch that up, try something new, energize the players and fans. Give them hope.

Advertisement
7 wins minimum and competitive overall in losses. Team has been over hauled but still only won 5 games last season

Large gaps at WR, CB, LB
2 brand new coordinators

The schedule does us no favors. Bye comes early in the season. I see 4 losses where we're TD or more dogs (A&M, UNC, Clemson, FSU). @NCST, Louisville and @BC at end of NOV are all going to be tough games.

This year's team is going to be better, but record wise not by leaps and bounds.

What's the O/U for season win total? I would guess 7.5?

Forest Whitaker Laughing GIF

I agree that I am starting to get concerned about this class. And I tend to be more optimistic with Mario. But there is a pit in my stomach. Of course, winning cures all right? If our NIL is equal with the big schools, then that narrows it down. Right now, the staff can be great salesmen selling this beautiful school, but are they going to win? There is nothing real there right now - it's "going to be" better - we are "going to be" competing for championships. Nothing right now.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Not just win but have a better-looking product on the field. That means not getting blown out at home 45-3 verses Florida State. That means not getting our *** kicked by Clemson 40-10. Kids now adays have to be able to see themselves winning those close games against our biggest rivals! They have to be able to see winning those games in the next year or two. Not four! I think we are 9-3 next year with losses to NC, Clemson, and Florida State. I think if that happens, we will start seeing flips.

2. Game atmosphere - We fans ***** and whine about HR being empty and no "game-day" atmosphere and none of us show up! That is on us the fan base!!! If you are 5-star and have offers from Clemson, Georgia, and Alabama why come here and play in front of 9,000 people? Until we get off our *** and show up this will continue. We are a lazy fan-base. The University and donors have made to comment to improve. Now it our turn to help - SHOW UP!

3. The facilities can't just be a computer presentation. I know we have started, but the completion of it is years off. We are "going to have" great facilities. Kids need to be able to picture themselves in it! This will improve over time.

Just my two-cents.
We're not a lazy fan-base. We're a fan base that's tired of eating sacks of ****s for almost 20 years. Over the past four years alone, we've been privileged to witness, at home, the following:

-a nail-bighting win against Central Michigan
-a loss to one of the worst VT teams in history
-a loss to a 2-win GT team
-a record setting 62-point, 800-yard ***-raping by UNC
-a 2-point win against App St.
-a loss to Michigan State
-the worst loss in program history to MTSU
-a 3 TD loss to the mighty Blue Devils (again)
-a historic 42-point loss to FSU

That's without even mentioning some of the atrocities that we've had to endure watching this team play on the road.

You want fans to show up? ******* win. Enough of the bull****. Enough of the excuses. People don't show up to watch **** teams. Period. This is a big-time program, in a big-time city with big-time expectations. Can't handle it, go play or coach somewhere else. Until this program gets it's **** together, they should feel ******* blessed that 20,000 of us show up every week to watch this bull****.

That safe 7-8 games seems to be the safe Mean Average for predicted wins this time of year, dating back to the CURSE OF THE ORANGE BOWL. Personally, I'm tired of it and refuse to put my 8-win prediction out there anymore, particularly after last year. That poor 15-0 ******* has been battered.

The CURSE OF THE ORANGE BOWL made me kick the Fins to the curb (well, also them having the worst front office in the NFL; don't even argue that; they had Danny for 15 years and got him to how many Super Bowls? One...).

The sports gods screwed with us even more when they shook it in the Cane's face after Miami hired the son of the mayor, who finished the OB and cemented the curse OF THE Orange Bowl. Then there's Donna.
https://www.politico.com/states/flo...haunts-shalalas-congressional-campaign-640502

Advertisement
We're not a lazy fan-base. We're a fan base that's tired of eating sacks of ****s for almost 20 years. Over the past four years alone, we've been privileged to witness, at home, the following:

-a nail-bighting win against Central Michigan
-a loss to one of the worst VT teams in history
-a loss to a 2-win GT team
-a record setting 62-point, 800-yard ***-raping by UNC
-a 2-point win against App St.
-a loss to Michigan State
-the worst loss in program history to MTSU
-a 3 TD loss to the mighty Blue Devils (again)
-a historic 42-point loss to FSU

That's without even mentioning some of the atrocities that we've had to endure watching this team play on the road.

You want fans to show up? ******* win. Enough of the bull****. Enough of the excuses. People don't show up to watch **** teams. Period. This is a big-time program, in a big-time city with big-time expectations. Can't handle it, go play or coach somewhere else. Until this program gets it's **** together, they should feel ******* blessed that 20,000 of us show up every week to watch this bull****.

Of course, after two decades of mediocracy you can throw out a lot of excuses for not going to any games. But I think the University and donor base HAS showed over the last two years that they are fixing the issue on their end. It has to start sometime from our end now! We have to pack the stadium every week.

Of course, after two decades of mediocracy you can throw out a lot of excuses for not going to any games. But I think the University and donor base HAS showed over the last two years that they are fixing the issue on their end. It has to start sometime from our end now! We have to pack the stadium every week.

I showed up to the FSU game… the recruits showed up…. FSU showed up…

Genuine question here don’t want to be labeled a homer or doomer. After last years disaster of a season, a complete failure of a season. What is reasonable and realistically the course of action for Mario. Last years class was amazing in general but especially in terms of needs on a good amount of areas for this roster. At the time of this post the recruiting juggernaut that we saw for a single season has calmed down and has been lack luster to the point we saw it at. To get to my point, recruting wise (high school & portal), coaching hires and himself what will it take to flip the program in anyway we haven’t seen in years
9-3 is my baseline

We have 4 NFL linemen and the best Frosh in the country at RT.

Get

It

Done

A&M is the season

Advertisement
People saying pack the stadium every week were not at the Troy or Rutgers games in 2001 for the greatest team of all time.

Miami NEVER packs the stadium every week. It aint our fanbase. Never will be.

Agreed. The crowds will be sufficient in general. Clearly if we suck, less people will show up - some simply because the effort outweighs the return. I make every game I can, but to your point, for the Troy’s of the world I may opt for TV to save a weekend of driving, etc.

Agreed. The crowds will be sufficient in general. Clearly if we suck, less people will show up - some simply because the effort outweighs the return. I make every game I can, but to your point, for the Troy’s of the world I may opt for TV to save a weekend of driving, etc.
What drives me nuts is the camera angle always faces the away team and makes the stadium look empty. Home side is totally different.

Advertisement
If he goes 8-4 in a mediocre ACC he is not much different than Golden or Diaz. 9 wins is the minimum we should expect considering the resources he was given compared to past coaches.

Freaking win the ACC at least... with his results last year, we might as well have gotten the Radio and Swasey crew and saved the money

The intent may be there but we’ve gone 12-12 the last two years. That’s not exactly fixing anything

Advertisement
The intent may be there but we’ve gone 12-12 the last two years. That’s not exactly fixing anything

they actually haven't shown anything that would suggest they want to fix things. its just new donors in charge w their personal politics. before it was the Manny backers now its the Mario backers. they run baseball like ****. they've mishandled the AD hirings by the new AD himself. all we have is some construction.

What drives me nuts is the camera angle always faces the away team and makes the stadium look empty. Home side is totally different.
Yeah, well the other side angle is a nice great if you think either because all the seats on the 50 are essentially empty so it looks bad for a different reason because of what they did with that section

Win 8 games, and they can’t all be like the Virginia win.

Be competitive in our prime time games, no blowouts

Would like to see TVD under Dawson to get back to lashlee form

Those are the bare minimum if we want to show improvement to recruits and to the fanbase.
Haha I don't think the collective fanbase is properly remembering how ugly last year was. 1 of our 5 wins was beating UVA 14-12.

4 Quarters, 4 OTs, 14 points. That's impossibly bad. This year needs to look nothing like this nonsense. We need a miraculous turn around.

1689259041690.png

Honestly can't believe we had a chance at a top 3 class last year and very little hurtful portal attrition. These kids are loyal.

Advertisement
Back