What does Mario have to do?

Genuine question here don’t want to be labeled a homer or doomer. After last years disaster of a season, a complete failure of a season. What is reasonable and realistically the course of action for Mario. Last years class was amazing in general but especially in terms of needs on a good amount of areas for this roster. At the time of this post the recruiting juggernaut that we saw for a single season has calmed down and has been lack luster to the point we saw it at. To get to my point, recruting wise (high school & portal), coaching hires and himself what will it take to flip the program in anyway we haven’t seen in years
10 wins - including a bowl win. All will be forgotten.

Advertisement
Genuine question here don’t want to be labeled a homer or doomer. After last years disaster of a season, a complete failure of a season. What is reasonable and realistically the course of action for Mario. Last years class was amazing in general but especially in terms of needs on a good amount of areas for this roster. At the time of this post the recruiting juggernaut that we saw for a single season has calmed down and has been lack luster to the point we saw it at. To get to my point, recruting wise (high school & portal), coaching hires and himself what will it take to flip the program in anyway we haven’t seen in years
I'll go raise the bar 9-11 wins or else recruiting won't stabilize

Win,win, win. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Got it.

No one mentions a key that I have seen only once in the past 15 years.

Yeah, winning is good. But having fun while winning is the bomb.

Everyone is loose - playing like they know how to play since kids! So many times, our past coaches had our team so up tight they just couldn't have fun while working together like a synchronized, well-oiled machine.

OR - they brought onto the field nothing but apathy.

It keeps flashing in my mind Jimmy: "Alright! Let's get out there and play like a bunch of wild men!" They almost tore the doors off to start having fun!

We did see this one time in recent memory - against Notre Damnn. Everyone was relaxed, having fun, and kicking some serious ***.

I don't know if everyone got a shot of Tequila in the locker room, but that having fun part is worth ten points - easy!

That's a really dumb question to say the least. He has to win games and make some of them wins like Texas A&M and or Clemson. We have to stop losing and I would say the minimum number of wins he needs this season is 9-10. Unless his changes his game time coaching 100% we are in trouble. If he doesn't win my prediction his recruiting is going to head south. Enough is enough and stop the excuses for this man!

LULZ at this responses. It's okay to lose to this team or that team, just hope we do not get blown out, and 8 or 9 wins is a success. Holy cow, if Mario is some great coach like the brain trust thinks he is then he needs to be in the ACC championship game, period. Anything else is failure. He needs to be ina position to be in the college playoffs. I know, but, but, but... No buts, he makes $8M, he has NIL money, he is at his school, he has his coaches, he revamped his staff, he is Mr. Recruiting. Mario is supposed to crush it here, so why is the expectation 8 or 9 games? Why is losing to FSU, Clemson... as a given okay?

If that is the expectation why spend $8M for something we could get a lost less? .500 coaches are a dime a dozen, Mario needs to prove himself this year, no losses to inferior teams, they should be blowouts, and he should beat any and every team on our schedule.
givng him so many passes no other coach got. its borderline insane. if our expectations are this low because he somehwo convinced you you cant win right away, then we need a refund on that deal. at least hes liked by the community.

Advertisement
Overachieve in terms of wins in 2023.

Advertisement
Bubble wrap TVD.
Bubble wrap Zion
Bubble wrap Matt lee
Bubble wrap Kam and LT
We could go 6-6 and we know Mario isn’t going anywhere. Probably a 5 year plan no matter how many banner fly..I doubt we go 6-6 tho

But we have **** a lot of change from last year. So who knows. Just going with what I’ve seen for the past 15 years.

Advertisement
Said it several times…Mario needs to stick to recruiting and stay out of the way of the coordinators…..

Win.

That’s it. Winning solves 99% of your problems.

Look at Norvell as an example. Guy was seen as a dead man walking going into 2022, and is now being talked up as a coach of the year candidate and dark horse playoff contender.

If Miami got to 10-3 on the year somehow, they hype you’d see going into 2024 would be insane. Personally, this is a 8-4/9-3 team to me.

Advertisement
Obviously, win.
But aside from that, maybe the only bad rap on Mario is that he runs stifling offenses that stymie his quarterbacks. If Dawson's offensive scheme can counter that narrative and the team looks good in winning 8 games or so, Mario's recruiting acumen should kick in bigly.

He has to blow the roof off this ************. He has to win and win big. He needs to stomp on our opponents and run up the score, embarrass teams like they have done to us. He needs to do everything he has yet to do as a coach here.

Advertisement
Back