What Does Manny have to do, to save his job??

Yeah that's just dumb. First of all, it's not going to happen. But if it did happen, it would be awesome and it would be the Kickstart this program needs to get back to awesomeness. Sometimes all you need is a little luck. And if it did happen, it would prove everyone wrong because you are your record. At the same token, if they limp to the finish line going 4-4 in conference, Well you are what your record shows. You can't use freshman quarterbacks as an excuse. These are highly recruited four stars. That would be enough for me. Not that you care. But if it's somewhere in between those two extremes, then that's going to be interesting. That would depend on recruiting and improvement over the year.
Manny isn’t gonna luck into running the table, anyway. So you don’t have to worry about it.

Advertisement
While I certainly do not think Manny will make us happy and win the Coastal, I suspect that is the current benchmark to be head coach again next year for most fans and the media.

However, I have heard from my sources that he could lose 5 games and still not get fired by this AD.........................
Then my Saturday afternoons just got freed up.

This thread will be moot after his defense makes Armstrong look like Steve Young on Thursday
I agree with this of course but it's not like Armstrong is some jag. Kid is a good QB which means that he wont just look like Steve Young. He will look like Steve Young vs the Chargers in the Super Bowl. Armstrong and Woods are going to rip our secondary apart. I can see Armstrong having a better performance against us than he did against the Illini. Whoever starts for us at QB needs to be ready to put up a 50 spot just to keep us in the game.

Were 2-2 and begining ACC play.

If we finish 7-1 or better then its pretty much a lock to bring Manny back

If we finish 6-2 then it depends on how we looked in that period, if we played good assignment based football and cleaned up everything and have the young QBs playing good football then yeah, you bring Manny back.

If we finish 5-3 or worse then it's pretty much a done deal Manny is gone, going 7-5 in year 3 is inexcusable with this roster

What do you think??
Win the rest of the games this season.

Advertisement
The only thing that should save his job is 2 wins....the ACC Ship and a bowl game.....get neither then bye.

The only thing that should save his job is 2 wins....the ACC Ship and a bowl game.....get neither then bye.

Considering a 2-3 start, I wouldn't be mad to finish the season 9-5. As long as those 2 extra losses aren't to FSU or UNC. Possible to finish 7-5 with a loss to Pitt and NCST, win the coastal/acc ship/bowl game.

Advertisement
Back