What does a Coastal Division title mean anyway?

I think if we win more then 8 games, we did better then expected coming into the season.
The off-season hype train started rolling and people started thinking we could win 10-11 games this year with a True Freshmen QB.

If someone were to bring up the thread that spoke about people predictions for the the upcoming season (this season) you'll see that people were being people realistic going from 6-6 to 9-4, the average seemed to be 7.5 wins, which is what were kind of expecting 4 games into the season now.

Personally, I think if we win 9 games we win the Coastal and something happened and after seeing whats going on at FSU we might, just might have a chance. Remember even last years terrible defense gave Jameis fits, well the first 3 quarters at least.
Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that most of the UM fans who picked us to win 7 or 8 games or less before the season did so because they know El Foldo sucks? If you then reach those lowly levels it's not something to be proud of.

Advertisement
Winning the Coastal is important because you aren't getting a BCS bowl without it. Beating Duke and GT are important because without it you can't win the Coastal. It's no more complicated than that.

BTW, the Canes play 2 of the 3 teams we have played most often in the history of the program every year now.

Then how did Clemson get the Orange Bowl last year vs Ohio St?

Clemson is not in the Coastal. The Coastal is a ****fest. If you don't win it, you aren't going to a BCS bowl. If 5 years that may no longer be true, but it is right now.

I'm well aware of Clemson not being in the Coastal. It was meant more so that you don't have to be the Division Champ to still get a BCS bid. So you are wrong there. And if the Coastal is such a ****fest it would be all but guaranteed that the champ wouldnt even be considered for an at-large bid.

Also, the BCS is no more.
Please don't tell me what I meant. I specifically said Coastal, not "any division champ". I said Coastal because we are talking about the current Miami team, a team in the Coastal, not some other division, or some other conference.

Winning the Coastal is important because you aren't getting a BCS bowl without it. Beating Duke and GT are important because without it you can't win the Coastal. It's no more complicated than that.

BTW, the Canes play 2 of the 3 teams we have played most often in the history of the program every year now.

Clemson is not in the Coastal. The Coastal is a ****fest. If you don't win it, you aren't going to a BCS bowl. If 5 years that may no longer be true, but it is right now.

I'm well aware of Clemson not being in the Coastal. It was meant more so that you don't have to be the Division Champ to still get a BCS bid. So you are wrong there. And if the Coastal is such a ****fest it would be all but guaranteed that the champ wouldnt even be considered for an at-large bid.

Please don't tell me what I meant. I specifically said Coastal, not "any division champ". I said Coastal because we are talking about the current Miami team, a team in the Coastal, not some other division, or some other conference.

I meant that as what I was meaning in terms of my comparison to Clemson. Pull the stick out of your ***.

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

So we are getting into the Playoff, since the BCS is no more, without winning the Coastal?

You have to win the ACC CG to get into the Playoff. Just winning the Coastal wont do that. Yes, you have to win the Coastal to get into the ACC CG, but the thread is asking what the Coastal Division Champs mean as a stand-alone. It means nothing. It's the baseline of expectations.

It's like the Atlanta Braves having all the pennants up before you walk into Turner Field, and the last few say "Wild Card Champions". It's a pathetic participation trophy.

It should be the baseline. Yet we haven't done it. Which is sad. I think people fear that if we win the Coastal, that is another step forward in Golden's process and it may be enough to keep him around. Because it will likely mean that we rebounded from 2-2, probably lost to FSU and then won the rest of the games to set up the rematch with FSU in the ACC Championship game.

Getting to the ACC Championship game is a good recruiting tool. Win or lose, you can tell recruits you're competing for championships here, or we need guys like you to win it next year.

Advertisement

So we are getting into the Playoff, since the BCS is no more, without winning the Coastal?

You have to win the ACC CG to get into the Playoff. Just winning the Coastal wont do that. Yes, you have to win the Coastal to get into the ACC CG, but the thread is asking what the Coastal Division Champs mean as a stand-alone. It means nothing. It's the baseline of expectations.

It's like the Atlanta Braves having all the pennants up before you walk into Turner Field, and the last few say "Wild Card Champions". It's a pathetic participation trophy.

It should be the baseline. Yet we haven't done it. Which is sad. I think people fear that if we win the Coastal, that is another step forward in Golden's process and it may be enough to keep him around. Because it will likely mean that we rebounded from 2-2, probably lost to FSU and then won the rest of the games to set up the rematch with FSU in the ACC Championship game.

If that happened, my opinion 'might' change on this staff. But based on the past three years of evidence I think I am (and others are) correct in our assessment that he sucks. What-If scenarios cant factor into today's assessment.

If that happened, my opinion 'might' change on this staff. But based on the past three years of evidence I think I am (and others are) correct in our assessment that he sucks. What-If scenarios cant factor into today's assessment.

I'm over whether the Coach sucks or not. I'm rooting for the Hurricanes to beat GT and then I will take it from there one game at a time rooting for the Canes. If we don't win the Coastal, it likely means that we lost 2-3 more games, which that and of course a banner (because coaching changes aren't made without a banner involved) should lead to Golden being replaced.

The ACC Coastal will be another "Duke" game for those focused on Golden -- "We are Miami. Miami should beat Duke/Win the Coastal."

Your opinion may change, but I'm fairly certain we can pencil in an onslaught of people saying that anyone happy with the ACC Coastal is a slurper, a coward, etc. etc. for accepting mediocrity and has Golden's **** in their mouth.

I think if we win more then 8 games, we did better then expected coming into the season.
The off-season hype train started rolling and people started thinking we could win 10-11 games this year with a True Freshmen QB.

If someone were to bring up the thread that spoke about people predictions for the the upcoming season (this season) you'll see that people were being people realistic going from 6-6 to 9-4, the average seemed to be 7.5 wins, which is what were kind of expecting 4 games into the season now.

Personally, I think if we win 9 games we win the Coastal and something happened and after seeing whats going on at FSU we might, just might have a chance. Remember even last years terrible defense gave Jameis fits, well the first 3 quarters at least.
Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that most of the UM fans who picked us to win 7 or 8 games or less before the season did so because they know El Foldo sucks? If you then reach those lowly levels it's not something to be proud of.

Exactly. Those of us who predicted 7-5 or 8-4 seasons were doing so because of consistently poor coaching.

Meeting those predictions only affirms that Golden and Co. suck.

Winning the Coastal should be a given, every single year or at the very least 9 out of 10 years.

If you would have told me 10 years ago that after 10 seasons in the ACC we would have zero ACC titles I would have called you a liar.
But the fact that we've never even made it to the ACCCG is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

We are the only coastal team to play FSU every year. Considering we've been a middle of the pack team that helps explain why we haven't won it yet. Take out FSU and replace them with NC State, BC, of WF and we end up with a better conference record and some coastal titles.

Advertisement
kkklanalmighty would walk 500 miles and kkklanalmighty would walk 500 more just to be the man who walked a thousand miles to fall down at Golden's door

I'm not saying I'm happy with the results. I'm just not as up in arms and emotional distraught as other people are, because we saw it coming, not because of the players, but because of this continued mediocrity that has plagued the campus.
After the Nebraska game is when I got fed up and want Golden out, but if somehow someway they beat every team other then FSU for the remainder of the season, I'm not gonna be as mad as I already am.

LOL at the whiners already trying to devalue a Coastal Title because they realize that Miami is a clear favorite for it now.

LOL at the whiners already trying to devalue a Coastal Title because they realize that Miami is a clear favorite for it now.

A clear favorite? There's no clear favorite. We have to play @GT, @VT, @UVA. The race is wide open but we're coming with the venges.

Advertisement

LOL at you over valuing a coastal title as if it really means something...... The 30 for 30 turned you into a Canes fan?

A trip to the ACC championship secures Golden's job another year, maybe 2 with this administration. Which means more years of mediocrity. Sorry but competing for the ****** coastal every year is not good enough for us. And with Golden here thats all we can expect. We want to be elite, we deserve to be elite.

You lost me. How are we a clear favorite?

I don't think so. 1-1 doesn't make you anything but in the middle of the pack.

Advertisement
Winning the Coastal should be a given, every single year or at the very least 9 out of 10 years.

If you would have told me 10 years ago that after 10 seasons in the ACC we would have zero ACC titles I would have called you a liar.
But the fact that we've never even made it to the ACCCG is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

We are the only coastal team to play FSU every year. Considering we've been a middle of the pack team that helps explain why we haven't won it yet. Take out FSU and replace them with NC State, BC, of WF and we end up with a better conference record and some coastal titles.

A tremendous load of chit.

First you assume that we would beat the middle of the road team. This is false. 100% false. We constantly lose to middle of the road teams.

Second, even if we beat FSU last year. We would be 6-2 and Duke would be 6-2. Duke beat us, so Duke goes to the ACC Champ Game.

Third, that FSU game is one game. You can still win the coastal losing to FSU and beating the rest of your opponents. We have yet to go 7-1 or even 6-2.

A tremendous load of chit. Do you even read what you wrote?

Last edited:

Are you really gloating about being the favorite?
How many wins do you get by being the favorite? What makes you think we can run the table or even get to 6-2?

Our best record in the ACC is 5-3 and we haven't beat FSU in a long time. What makes you think that being the favorite as any impact on the season?

It is hard to understand because porsters are retarded.

Congrats, we beat Duke. 10-2 here we come.

Call me when we beat FSU and win the coastal.

Advertisement
Back