What do you think about what Keontra Smith is saying here?

Bama does just hand out offers.

Their offer has a catch to it.

It’s an offer (opputunity) to camp and work out in front of the coaches.

It’s really smart when you think about. They can literally offer everyone which they already do. Get them to camp and have them workout. At that point if bama wants you, you get the real “offer”. No slow playing involved. Either you come to camp or you don’t.

Obviously this isn’t the case with elites, but this is what they do. They also have the clout to make kids commit on spot or risk having someone else’s take their spot, but that’s par for the course when u win a natty every year.

Advertisement
Players slow play programs and vice versus.

We should've been on Battle harder a lot sooner, but lets not act like we came after the dude midway through his senior season. Looking like Johnny come lately.
If Battle wanted to come here then he would have committed. He’s a dummy who fell for Urb’s horseshyt.

People are buying too much stupid **** from these dopey kids and their handlers. Battle has no reason to have any negative feelings about how UM recruited him. We pushed hard and we pushed hard a full year before signing day and well before his Senior season.

These dudes like to point blame because it makes it seem like UM did something wrong instead of them just being groupie turds who want to play for a lying sack of **** who harbors a pregnant wife beater and a monkey who looked the other way while kids were being ham-slammed in the shower.

How about holding Urb accountable for that scandalous scumbag bullshyt instead of crying about Rick not offering quickly enough?

Why is it ok to be a lying a piece of **** who condones beating pregnant women just because he offered earlier than a man of moral fiber beyond reproach? Fck outta my mother fcking face with this groupie fcking pvssy ****!!!

If Battle wanted to come here then he would have committed. He’s a dummy who fell for Urb’s horseshyt.

People are buying too much stupid **** from these dopey kids and their handlers. Battle has no reason to have any negative feelings about how UM recruited him. We pushed hard and we pushed hard a full year before signing day and well before his Senior season.

These dudes like to point blame because it makes it seem like UM did something wrong instead of them just being groupie turds who want to play for a lying sack of **** who harbors a pregnant wife beater and a monkey who looked the other way while kids were being ham-slammed in the shower.

How about holding Urb accountable for that scandalous scumbag bullshyt instead of crying about Rick not offering quickly enough?

Why is it ok to be a lying a piece of **** who condones beating pregnant women just because he offered earlier than a man of moral fiber beyond reproach? Fck outta my mother fcking face with this groupie fcking pvssy ****!!!

I don't think Battle ever said we slow played him. I think it was more of a thought process on the board and how hard they recruit Stevenson. Battle is a cool kid and was really receptive to our coaches when I saw him on campus

I agree with LC, but I remember use taking some flack during the golden years for slow playing some guys like Skia Moore, Emmitt Rice, Kier Thomas(?).

Advertisement
You don't think a kid has the right to wonder WTF is going on when he's got offers from Michigan, Bama, etc...but none from the school 30 minutes down the street?

They have a right to ask any question they want, but they also should be smart enough to realize that an offer which they can't commit to yet isn't really much of an offer either.

Our defensive recruiting compared to our offensive recruiting has just been a cluster****. No two ways about it. Didn’t help that Kul had his own power base. Diaz was uncertain. Two DB corches confuses things. Slow to decide, slow to act.

We don’t need to offer kids as sophomores. That’s for show. The acceptance cycle is what you have to watch. That starts spring of junior year. Big programs get the offers out late cycle from prior year - Dec-Mar. Too often UM needs to see spring practice to give an offer out. It’s understandable that you want more info, but you can’t ignore the competitive reality. And we’re supposed to have way more ability to evaluate kids as sophmores and juniors than anyone else, so we shouldn’t be beaten to an eval by OSU, or any big program. Tennessee might troll offers without evals. Alabama and Ohio State aren’t doing that at scale, IMO. It’s almost like they listen to those HS coaches who know what they’re talking about and act on it while UM is so confused by mis- and dis-information it feels like it has to verify everything for itself before offering.

Advertisement
Its a Catch 22 situation..

A lot of schools want Miami to offer these kids early so Miami can fill up there spots early.... Miami is in a no win situation..

THen again - Miami maybe wastes a little to long to offer the real ballers that want to be in and - i,e .Jordan Battle

Miami should buy in bulk at costco instead of running to food store every other day.

JC
The key is evaluations. If you are unsure or late or slow in them at miami, that is a problem.

I understand waiting to sort out kids who arent clear. But when you cant figure out battle before ohio state did, its a sign of a different problem. I am definitely not saying offer early for everyone. But if we are behind the curve on offers to kids good enough to go to Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson or UGA, then that is a sign we’re under-resourced or have a flawed decision-making process.

Chise on a Friday night ****tail going extra hard on the cucks?

They have a right to ask any question they want, but they also should be smart enough to realize that an offer which they can't commit to yet isn't really much of an offer either.

They really don't care they only want to be able to post on social media that they "are blessed to receive and offer from ". It's just a ****ing match with the other kids.

Another stupid thread started by a no talent high school assistant coach questioning guys that have actually done something with their careers. Unsure why some of you give this guy the time of day.

What’s your buddy Swasey up to Corch Nacho?

Advertisement
This schit again. We have offered kids early and got played with and slowed played by the recruits. So we then try and be more selective and offer based on needs, skills, and mentality and OMG we are late! Bama, FSU, Mich, UGA, and the list go on have 4-5 other kids ahead of someone and they either bust their SR year, get in trouble, or choose somewhere else send an offer 34 minutes before the kid signs his LOI and they flip. This kills me everytime it happens, just say you don't want to play for Miami or you just want a Miami offer because you think its cool or want to use it to leverage better offers. Kid wants to go to a school, when they offer they will jump on it, the rest is excuses and *********.

Billy-D_Approves.gif

They really don't care they only want to be able to post on social media that they "are blessed to receive and offer from ". It's just a ****ing match with the other kids.

The sideshow that goes on with social media is a part of it, but at the same time, a lot of these kids feel entitled to a UM offer, they don't value it. It's evident when they readily accept overtures from other schools that come in later in the process, when they hold the same thing against UM until the end.

Advertisement
Does Miami miss on some kids? Yes but, every school does. If getting a offer your junior year or beginning of your senior year is slow played and it hurt your feelings then go. This falls back on who’s helping these kids with their choices . I know it’s an ego thing but is that how you want to pick a school that will affect the rest of your life?
Do I agree with all the choices this staff makes? No but, I do like the players we have and the future kids coming in . Recruiting is different than it was 15 years ago. The Miami staff has made huge strides compared to the old staff. Keep winning and more of the elite players will want to be here.

Since Richt has come Cane offers are typically in the top 10 lowest in all of D1.. He's made a Cane offer mean something again so when a kid get's it he better hop on quick. Why do you guys think we routinely have one of the largest early commit classes year in and year out. Gone are the days of always having a back up Cane offer if the school you really want to go to doesn't pan out, the word is out to either get on the train or get left behind.

Alot of these kids are being led by people who haven't went thru the recruiting process at all even their high school coaches. Those guys also crave the attention just as much as the kids. All I hear when I speak to the kids or people in the hs gane now is..the kid has this amount of offers, etc. Like it truly matters if your interest is only 2-3schools imo, these kids don't even know difference in the verbal offer, etc. Also um is seen as the offer that is just an automatic ,placeholder for example macho started this thread. And that's the thought process down here..oh he has a bama, auburn , Michigan offer keep in mind bama offers everyone and it's basically an offer to get u to camp there..and Michigan, auburn etc aren't better programs than us historically in my life

I think you would have a better point when offering during a kid's senior year. Keontra was upset he wasn't offered as a freshman lol That's ridiculous to me. How many times have we seen this kids commit as freshman and sophomores and then they decommit because they see other guys getting "love" from schools all across the country and they are locked in with Miami.

Advertisement
Back