What do people around here have against track & feild?

Miami Nights

Junior
Do people not realize the correlation between track and football? Football and track almost go hand n hand. I'm not saying you have to be a track star to play football or its the end all be all. However, it's a very important part of many football related untangles that goes into making a player successful.

There was on poster who said he'd rather have his guys doing football related things instead of running track. You can run track and still work on football related things. Most coaches encourage their football players to run track. I don't understand all the crying. It's spring and a lot of football players are running track.

Advertisement
During the season this would be locked. But since we are in the midst of the cold winter of football no man's land I say flame on flama.

There is a very long thread dedicated to track and field. Not sure what you mean.

Advertisement
Yeah, untangles are important. JK

You are right though, track can be an important element in developing a football player.

Advertisement
There is a very long thread dedicated to track and field. Not sure what you mean.

Some guys are getting upset when people start talking about track and field or when you're talking about a recruit who happens to run track and you start talking about that.... they get mad or start complaining.

Other's think football players running track is a waste of time cause the should be working on football related things

Some think track and field has nothing to do with football.

Too me that chit is crazy as he'll. Just curious as to why they think that way.

Some guys are getting upset when people start talking about track and field or when you're talking about a recruit who happens to run track and you start talking about that.... they get mad or start complaining.

Other's think football players running track is a waste of time cause the should be working on football related things

Some think track and field has nothing to do with football.

Too me that chit is crazy as he'll. Just curious as to why they think that way.

I think where people were becoming "annoyed" or "agitated" with the track & field stuff was when every single recruit started getting an individual thread.

Advertisement
Track is boring. I'm on CIS for Canes' football...and hot Asian and Latina gifs.
giphy (2).gif

Advertisement
No one hates Track...

What people have grown tired of, is guys like you who are obsessed with Track & think it's the only thing that matters.

It's cool to talk about sometimes, it's relevant in certain contexts, but overall it's not that important, certainly not as important as some of you make it.

Track, run fast, speed, Good... We get it.

I personally would love for most if not all LB's, OL's & DL's to be wrestlers in High School if their school has a team, I think it's great for helping guys develop techniques with hand fighting (disengaging), gaining leverage, learning how to beat a man in a one on one matchup & it also teaches great mental discipline for young guys.

However, it's not something that I'm gonna make a thread about every single day & solely judge players based on if they've wrestled or not.

I know you mean well, and it's good that you & others bring the track stuff to the board, it is appreciated, it's just gotten to a point where it's a little overkill now, that's all.

Last edited:
No one hates Track...

What people have grown tired of, is guys like you who are obsessed with Track & think it's the only thing that matters.

It's cool to talk about sometimes, it's relevant in certain contexts, but overall it's not that important, certainly not as important as some of you make it.

Track, run fast, speed, Good... We get it.

I personally would love for most if not all LB's, OL's & DL's to be wrestlers in High School if their school has a team, I think it's great for helping guys develop techniques with hand fighting (disengaging), gaining leverage, learning how to beat a man in a one on one matchup & it also teaches great mental discipline for young guys.

However, it's not something that I'm gonna make a thread about every single day & solely judge players based on if they've wrestled or not.

I know you mean well, and it's good that you & others bring the track stuff to the board, it is appreciated, it's just gotten to a point where it's a little overkill now, that's all.

First off speak for yourself... you aren't the board spokes person. We? Lmao. You don't represent everybody here. I already saw one guy say he'd rather have his guys doing football related stuff instead of wasting time running track.

2. I'm not obsessed with it. he'll some of you are obsessed with complaining about chit. It's off season and spring time. A lot of recruits are running track and posting some outstanding times. Not much else to talk about and I don't these complainers coming with any other topics that don't involve track.

3. I don't think track speed is end all be all. If you can run you can run. Track/40 is a great indicator of this. Speed is just as important and other football related intangibles in div 1 football. Not sure why you're saying it's not that important as the others.

I agree with your comment about wrestling. However, it's not wrestling season and most if not all of Miami's recruits don't wrestle so there's no reason to being it up. Silly example really.

This reminds me of those Charlie Jones on other sites.. We had internet guys crowning the kid cause he ran all over south FL defenses , highlight tape looked good, he's a 5 star, etc etc. I questioned his speed. Didn't seem explosive enough to be a difference make cause at the end of that day that's what you want or at least shoot for. Needless to say his game didn't translate.

Advertisement
Back