What current assistant coach would you keep?

CA options

• Likens

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • T-Rob

Votes: 87 50.6%
  • Hickson

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • DVD

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Clean house

Votes: 26 15.1%

• Total voters
Advertisement
I don't think there's anyone on staff who's brought in enough elite talent. I'd like to keep a couple guys, but there's nobody I think is beyond being let go.
TRob was a rntal I didn't think he would coach dbs into AA cause u can't make soup with ****. (Whatever the saying is). I though ok he is cooked cause he needs to recruit. One year for him wasn't going to cut it or DJ Ivey into a player. You are what u are and when u bring in **** it's **** no matter what u cover the smell with.

He got Brinson, George (my favorite), and Smith, our primary targets. He helped resurrect Harley's career here, and Rambo had the best year a WR has had here for as long as I can remember. Not just here, but in his previous stops has had some WR's drafted high.
Smith ok but big time elite first rounders he hasn't brought. Bronson is ok I was difference makers like what I saw at Bama when dudes were toasting double coverage.

Advertisement
TRob, Likens or Field are fine with me but only in their current roles. I’m not want either as coordinators.
Though I suppose I’d be willing to let the bowl serve as a test for Likens. Let’s see what he’s like as a play caller.
But considering the money available for coordinators I’d keep him where he is.

There’s coaches going to be retained. As of now I can’t say more.
That’s fine with me. I don’t think the staff was all bad. We cut the head off the snake in James and Diaz.
TRob is obviously worthy so long as they can get along. Guys a well respected coach and known as a really good recruiter.
Stacking chips on your staff can’t be a bad thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For me it is hard to judge the recruiting of some of the current coaches. I think we can all agree if we won all of our games, most of the recruits we were chasing would be on board. (that didn’t happen) so we lost a few targets.

Plus we heard that the recruiting philosophy was not working, as far as staying on other target. They focused on the main targets and had to scramble at the last minute.

Do we blame that on the coaches or the head coach?

Isn't the only upgrade from TRob the dude at LSU?
My opinion, for years I’ve always seen them as almost equal. I’ve always want either Raymond or TRob on our staff. They are amongst the best DB coaches/recruiters in the game. Again, my opinion. 🤷🏿‍♂️

As I said Saturday “ i i could see Fields and Cooney possibly being retained”.

T Rob is also possible. Not sure about others as of today.
Makes sense to keep however many. Cheery pick the best of the bunch and it’ll help retain some continuity amongst the current players, insight into the current roster, and connections in recruiting.

Advertisement
What are the odds, that the very best we can do at (name a coaching position) is a person who was part of a 7-5 (13-12 last two years) program that just fired their coach? Is a person who's best employment opportunity was to work under Manny Diaz who finished his first year with losses to FIU and LTech, and got throttled by UNC to record levels to end last year? Is a person who happened to already be here making half of what we now have budgeted for the position?

Be unemotional and thoughtful. Think like a leader. It's pretty clear. I'd be surprised if more than one or two are retained, and I'd expect them to be hired in demoted off-field positions.
Couple of things. The program has been 15-8 the last two seasons. Robinson and Aristide have been employed here for a year and DVD has only been an on field coach for one year. Not sure how much you can pin results for the entire Manny Diaz tenure on those guys. Still if Robinson is retained, DVD is likely gone. I doubt he’s taking a demotion back off the field if he’s serious about coaching as a career. He could land a DB coaching job at a smaller school fairly easily. Especially with his recruiting ties. Aristide supposedly has recruiting juice but he’s expendable. They do have a proven vet in Likens who I would consider keeping on as WR coach. Field might be a dude to consider but he’s replaceable.

It all really depends on who Mario brings with him and what coordinators he hires. They could retain a couple guys or they could totally clean house. There are a few guys from Manny’s staff that I would consider positive assets but if Mario has preferred options, that’s his choice to make.

T-Rob and Field.

Offer DVD an off-field position, though he'll definitely have options elsewhere.

Not sure about Hickson, no on Likens (bring in B-Mac)
B-Mac was a RB coach at UGA (was also an OC at USCe). That being said, he could replace Hickson and keep Likens at WR. B-Mac brought in and coached Chubb and Michel at UGA.

TRob, Likens or Field are fine with me but only in their current roles. I’m not want either as coordinators.
Though I suppose I’d be willing to let the bowl serve as a test for Likens. Let’s see what he’s like as a play caller.
But considering the money available for coordinators I’d keep him where he is.
I like Likens as a wide receiver coach. He has drastically improved that position group. I do not think this game is sufficient to judge his play calling as I suspect he game plans around making his receivers all look great. Why not with TVD back there throwing

Advertisement
Back