What current assistant coach would you keep?

CA options

• Likens

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • T-Rob

Votes: 87 50.6%
  • Hickson

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • DVD

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Clean house

Votes: 26 15.1%

• Total voters

Juanka

TRANQUILO Y TROPICAL
Premium
I know the rumor of T-Rob and Cristobal butting heads before, but it should be in the past now, and I doubt Cristobal is like James holding grudges like that.
With a ten-year contract for our HC and an 8M per budget for assistants in place, we can offer assistants stability and top dollar.
Is there any assistant we should keep?

Advertisement
I mean, zoom out. Why would anyone think we can't do better than a guy on Manny Diaz's staff? Than guys who's best opportunity was to work for Manny?

Clean house. Let Mario and his winning ways, his coaching tree, our newfound millions, and the excitement of this hire scour the country for the best staff we can build.

I'd probably maybe keep a couple of recruiting department guys for some continuity, maybe offer DVD and Ish a demotion.

I know the rumor of T-Rob and Cristobal butting heads before, but it should be in the past now, and I doubt Cristobal is like James holding grudges like that.
With a ten-year contract for our HC and an 8M per budget for assistants in place, we can offer assistants stability and top dollar.
Is there any assistant we should keep?
(1) its not a rumor.
(2) its been squashed and we should expect T-Rob to remain.
(3) Rob Likens thinks he will stay.
No promisses on anyone else as position coaches.

Advertisement
(1) its not a rumor.
(2) its been squashed and we should expect T-Rob to remain.
(3) Rob Likens thinks he will stay.
No promisses on anyone else as position coaches.

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for letting me know.

Advertisement
Release DVD Patke Justice and Aristide. DVD and Aristide can remain in recruiting. Likens Hickson Field and T-Rob TBD by HBC

Advertisement
T-Rob and Field.

Offer DVD an off-field position, though he'll definitely have options elsewhere.

Not sure about Hickson, no on Likens (bring in B-Mac)
I think Banda probably finds a place for DVD if Mario doesn't offer him an on-field roll

I mean, zoom out. Why would anyone think we can't do better than a guy on Manny Diaz's staff? Than guys who's best opportunity was to work for Manny?

Clean house. Let Mario and his winning ways, his coaching tree, our newfound millions, and the excitement of this hire scour the country for the best staff we can build.

I'd probably maybe keep a couple of recruiting department guys for some continuity, maybe offer DVD and Ish a demotion.

I understand the idea of cleaning the house and starting a new culture, and I would be on board with that. I also believe T-Rob and Likens are well-established coaches that shouldn't be marked by Diaz's tenure here. T-Rob had other offers before coming to Miami and wanted in many places, and Likens has had success in different teams and developing and recruiting players. They aren't from his coaching tree like Patke, Banda, or DVD. I wouldn't mind if we clean house or keep either one of these guys.

Advertisement
Hickson got us Rooster, Chaney, and Fat Thad. Yes, Chaney's been hurt a lot. But, there's something to be said for landing those guys.

I want a staff of recruiters, and it could make sense to retain Hickson for that purpose.

Hickson got us Rooster, Chaney, and Fat Thad. Yes, Chaney's been hurt a lot. But, there's something to be said for landing those guys.

I want a staff of recruiters, and it could make sense to retain Hickson for that purpose.

I shared the same opinion you have, but some connected posters here have said he's put his hands on some of the kids and isn't well-liked. He has pulled some elite RB's for us.

Advertisement
Back