What could a 16 team CFP Look like?

Advertisement
I agree with 8 teams but just cause you win your conference championship should not me you are in.....What happens if a 3 loss team wins their conference.....should they get a chance over a team with 1 loss

It should still be the 8 best teams; the AP top 8-10 should be the metrics used to determine who’s the top 8 that get in. An undefeated G5 team from one of the better conferences should get consideration, as well.

Can’t believe people want more teams in a playoff. As it is every **** game is a playoff!! Why make the season less important. And does a 3 or 4 loss team deserve a shot?
Totally disagree. As it stands now lose one game and your seasons pretty much over. Look at teams like Florida, Miami and A&M this year. I like that in a 16 game playoff a team that might lose an early game can get on a hot streak and be really playing great football and they get a chance to go win a title on the field. There will be upsets you can take that to the bank. Also in a 16 team playoff we get to see teams like UCF, BYU, ,Costal Carolina etc... get their shot. You will see teams play harder then they probably have ever played trying to get into the top 16. To me every single week is critical.

6 teams is perfect. Top to get a bye, makes every game all year important. And that’s why we love college football.
**** no. The best teams in the country do deserve an extra advantage. either keep it at 4 or make it 8. Nobody should get an advantage.

Imma be honest; they’re going to have to do something. Not just for teams who deserve a shot, but these bowl games need some spit shine to add some luster to them. Teams and players are opting out all these bowl games (Blame L Fournette), that are not CFP. It would benefit them as well. Need an 8 team Playoff. Cut the Reg season to 11 games + Conference Championship. Best 8 teams (giving a chance to some G5 teams) start playoffs last week in Dec.

Not sure why is this so difficult to accomplish.
Bowl games have always been pretty pointless, even before kids started opting out...but fans still travel, buy tickets and watch. The casual fan agrees with you but the die hards will always travel, even if their top 3 players opt out

Advertisement
Bowl games have always been pretty pointless, even before kids started opting out...but fans still travel, buy tickets and watch. The casual fan agrees with you but the die hards will always travel, even if their top 3 players opt out

Agree w u. It’s all been a participation trophy. But, major bowl games still have significance. Don’t teams get a little bread for all these bowl games, though?

Advertisement
Back