What ConstitutesAcceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

What Constitutes Acceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need to beat either Bama or Clemson for me to be completely satisfied so Only getting to the playoffs is my pick from the choices provided.
Thank you for voting. Even though I think you’d be ok with 12-2 with a CoRstal Title & a NY6 bowl win with close losses to Bama and Clemson for 2021, we never know with you. People scoffed when you went Kosi Hive over Jarren but you also trolled that Mork Richt’s a great playcaller thing as well so there’s that too. Lol

Advertisement
Voted. This is a veteran team led by an QB who should be in the lower echelon of Heisman talk the entire year. Anything but losses to Bama and Clemson is unacceptable and not progress.
Do they have to be close losses

I voted that way but I don’t expect them to be close.
But if those were the only 2 losses but not that close - Maybe a 17 point loss to each but we win every other game including a NY6, do you give Manny another year or is it ground zero?

But if those were the only 2 losses but not that close - Maybe a 17 point loss to each but we win every other game including a NY6, do you give Manny another year or is it ground zero?
It’s not going to be ground zero unless this implodes in his face. This team is too talented. Probably as talented than the ‘13 team that went 9-3 and Manny is better than Golden. Not by much but he is from what I’ve seen so far.

Advertisement
Some of you thinking we won’t be great this upcoming season are going to have to eat ****. I won’t be here to see it the way I’d most enjoy, because I’ll be busy living my best life. When it’s over, the season, I do believe you’ll have a great opportunity to reevaluate all of your poor life decisions. Let me be the first to congratulate you, if you found that the glass that you always believe is half empty, is actually full. It’s liberating. Good luck and I truly hope you learn from this. 🙌 We’re Back
@Boarcane I will gladly eat crow-ful plate of mierda on here if I’m wrong and I would love to be wrong about a 2 or 3 loss season as I voted for Group 4 as my minimum. I think Group 3 should be the target but I set up a poll to eliminate the hyperbole and blustering.

In my poll, it’s not necessarily a question of where someone thinks we’ll end up but what would constitute acceptable progress to at least give Manny another year. Which Group to you constitutes acceptable progress for 2021?

C53F611F-0245-434C-AB2E-137BE3CA8CDC.jpeg
35114343-5DAF-4091-AE7B-9B695FA116AD.jpeg

assuming guys take "the next step" in their development. Gonna be tough to win a bowl game probably. It'll be a testament to how much Manny will be able to get guys to buy in to the program.

There's a lot of potential guys heading to the NFL at the end of the regular season.

So here’s how I’m breaking down the voting groups. No offense intended:

View attachment 145520View attachment 145521
Looking at the early numbers, clearly the board is overwhelmingly of the belief that only losses to Bama and Clemson are acceptable. That’s 2/3’s of the board. And close to 1/2 of that group says do that and the Clemson and Bama losses better be close games so that in 2021 we need to be competing at a top 5 level - or Fire Manny.

And yes you’d fire him for anything less because this is your baseline for Acceptable Progress in 2021 and any thing less than meeting the baseline of a particular group should result in the HC getting fired by that group.

Advertisement
Hats off to everyone making a visible choice of their baseline standard for acceptable progress in 2021. The standards and expectations are pretty high considering where we’ve been. It seems that 0-1 to start is ok but if it’s a blow out about 40% of the board will rage - probably more.

Very interesting pole , much needed, I hope this will work it’s way to some high ranking upper echelon suit on the AD board.

So they can implement immediately plausible deniability .

Great idea here on the pulse of the fans 🙌

GOCANES

@Boarcane I will gladly eat crow-ful plate of mierda on here if I’m wrong and I would love to be wrong about a 2 or 3 loss season as I voted for Group 4 as my minimum. I think Group 3 should be the target but I set up a poll to eliminate the hyperbole and blustering.

In my poll, it’s not necessarily a question of where someone thinks we’ll end up but what would constitute acceptable progress to at least give Manny another year. Which Group to you constitutes acceptable progress for 2021?

View attachment 145517View attachment 145518
I think Manny will get another year, regardless of his wins total. He could go 500 and he’s coming back. The reason I didn’t participate in the poll, is I don’t philosophy align with any of the choices. It’s about an extension for me and I can’t in good conscious make that determination without knowing where we stand at quarterback and see how the season plays out. We’re talented enough to run the table if everyone’s healthy. After spring, we’ll lose some depth to the portal and most likely get some additions. I’ll wait and see how this off-season plays out, before I set my expectations. We will beat Alabama if King is healthy and starts. They aren’t going to be the determining factor in the grading of success of failure for the upcoming season. I certainly wouldn’t give him an extension after game one, even if we were to blow them out. Acceptable is don’t die. That’s Manny’s bar as far as the BOT is concerned. The next head coaching contract will determine our collective fate as a program. Acceptable is dominate college football. Anything else is complete and utter failure.

I’m not answering the poll question because I don’t like the choices.

optics, how we look makes a huge difference. Are we throttling the Duke type programs? Do we need miracle last second FGs to beat GT? Do we compete with Bama and come up short?

if we lose 40 something or 50 something to 10 to Bama it will be hard to feel great about where we are at. If the defense gets gashed week in week out and kings heroics win us tight games against mediocre teams it will be tough to get too excited.
I will say this, more than 3 loses is a pink slip IMO

Advertisement
Ok let’s set the baseline for what’s acceptable for posters to acknowledge acceptable progress for the 2021 season.

Please read all choices before voting as some answers contain a combination of previous choices and you cannot change your vote once it’s cast.

That’s right, I’ve seen what some of you do to posts a year later. Let the record speak for itself.
In no universe is losing to UNC in football acceptable.

We drop the first game to Alabama. Then run the table, until the ACCC. I think we play well against Clemson - maybe even come out with a last minute win....

Can’t get crushed by teams. I mean Alabama is probably going to be. 17-21 point favorite but getting smacked by a good but not special North Carolina team is unacceptable.
The progression starts with beating the teams who are worse. Miami did that last year. The next step is beating the teams on your level. Miami went 0-2 against UNC and OSU last year and those are the games that Miami and Manny need to win if they’re going to show improvement

Advertisement
The original proponent of that doesn’t believe that. Anyone who does believe that can vote for CFB Playoffs, set an unreasonable standard for Manny and then either demand that he be fired for not reaching the Playoffs or backtrack into Manny Defense Mode.
DON'T YOU DARE DAMPER OUR EXPECTATIONS.

1618144351926.png

I just want to see us compete with Alabama and Clemson, smash the teams we should smash, and not get blown out, at all. When we play a team that is 3-5, I don't want us in a dogfight because we forgot to get off the bus.

Do this and we're a 10 win team, and win the Coastal.
If I could like this 100 times I would. It gets so frustrating when you watch our team go out there, and you know they're just going through the motions. I want to see us go out there like the Bama, OSU, Oklahoma and take care of business.

If I could like this 100 times I would. It gets so frustrating when you watch our team go out there, and you know they're just going through the motions. I want to see us go out there like the Bama, OSU, Oklahoma and take care of business.
All those tunnel antics like holding back a bunch of ferocious beasts, I’M DONE WITH THAT LMAO SO SILLY we haven’t earned any of that YET .

Better to just walk on the field focused to play hard and walk off with a win .

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back