What ConstitutesAcceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

What Constitutes Acceptable Progress for the 2021 Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
Miami didn’t kill their careers. They killed their own careers. Don’t get it twisted.
and Miami not only hired them, but gave most of them extensions. If the Miami program had a backbone, they wouldnt have A) hired these unqualified coaches and B) let them run the program into the ground. 4 of our last 5 coaches were only hired because they had ties to the school, only one had an argument that it was the best choice available and thats Richt

and Miami not only hired them, but gave most of them extensions. If the Miami program had a backbone, they wouldnt have A) hired these unqualified coaches and B) let them run the program into the ground. 4 of our last 5 coaches were only hired because they had ties to the school, only one had an argument that it was the best choice available and thats Richt

That’s all irrelevant, they still killed their own careers. Point made.

And in all fairness to those who have previously complained about those "extensions"...

The extensions didn't prevent us from firing those guys at approximately the same time we would have fired them anyhow...we didn't pay all of the extensions...and the extensions didn't involve unwarranted raises...

Purely from a recruiting standpoint, it's not a good idea to let your HC's contract expire. You WILL be negatively-recruited against. Better to "extend" a guy and throw him a few bucks, and then hope that the next coach can salvage most of the verbals.

Advertisement
I said before the season that 2 losses would be acceptable. Given how good Michigan State has turned out to be, I would even have accepted 3 with a strong finish and a bowl win. But 4 is trash and unfortunately the expected outcome for a Manny-led Canes team.

No matter what happens, even if we win outright and win our bowl game, we need to have a full-blown HC search and only keep Manny if our top 5 targets don't accept an excellent offer.

Advertisement
I said before the season that 2 losses would be acceptable. Given how good Michigan State has turned out to be, I would even have accepted 3 with a strong finish and a bowl win. But 4 is trash and unfortunately the expected outcome for a Manny-led Canes team.

No matter what happens, even if we win outright and win our bowl game, we need to have a full-blown HC search and only keep Manny if our top 5 targets don't accept an excellent offer.
I hate to say it but we won't win out. When you play each game where one score dictates the outcome, you usually drop a few of these. Too many things can happen to turn the tide against you...kicker hits the upright, interception on late drive, etc. I am expecting Georgia Tech to come down to the 4th quarter as bad as they are. We always play down to our competition.

Is that what they are saying? I think the idea is if he wins out he won't get fired.
Yes that’s what I’ve seen. They seem to think he deserves another chance just based on injuries as well even though the record would be much worse with the upperclassmen. And for rallying the team to run the table. Oh but also saying Blake should be gone as if their fates aren’t tied to each other since the day Manny was hired.

Advertisement
Back