What coaches will be fired after this year?

Footballhelmet

Band
Banned
I have a hard time imagining that either Charlie Strong or the Purdue coach will be back in 2017. They're practically goners already. Malzahn and Sumlin are only on slightly less of a hot seat and I'd give them both about a 70% chance of being fired. Remember when they were the 2 hottest names in CFB?

James Franklin at PSU, Holgerson at West Virginia, the Kansas coach and the Vandy coach all better get their act together too. As do Doeren at NC State and Addazio at Boston College.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have a hard time imagining that either Charlie Strong or the Purdue coach will be back in 2017. They're practically goners already. Malzahn and Sumlin are only on slightly less of a hot seat and I'd give them both about a 70% chance of being fired. Remember when they were the 2 hottest names in CFB?

James Franklin at PSU, Holgerson at West Virginia, the Kansas coach and the Vandy coach all better get their act together too. As do Doeren at NC State and Addazio at Boston College.

I think Strong has as least 1 more year for his off the field efforts in recruiting, provided he doesn't completely **** the bed on the field. Add Helton to that list since Pat Haden is retiring.

I think Strong has as least 1 more year for his off the field efforts in recruiting, provided he doesn't completely **** the bed on the field. Add Helton to that list since Pat Haden is retiring.

Helton hasn't coached a game yet so how can he be on the hot seat? Saying that is similiar to how the coacheshotseat website puts Muschamp as the 2nd hottest seat in the country even though he hasn't coached yet either.

I mean everybody knows that Muschamp and Helton were terrible hires. Maybe you can put them at the top of the 2019 hot seat if they even make it that long. But not the 2016 hot seat.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Helton hasn't coached a game yet so how can he be on the hot seat? Saying that is similiar to how the coacheshotseat website puts Muschamp as the 2nd hottest seat in the country even though he hasn't coached yet either.

I mean everybody knows that Muschamp and Helton were terrible hires. Maybe you can put them at the top of the 2019 hot seat if they even make it that long. But not the 2016 hot seat.

USC has a rabid fanbase and Helton wasn't a popular hire to begin with and neither is the new AD. USC could easily lose 4+games this season, if a big name is available they will call. Most AD's don't want to be responsible for their predecessors hires. I agree it's unlikely but it's hollywood. Flash>Substance

Baylor will "go a different direction" from Grobe. James Franklin should be canned after this year too but his Goldenesque schtick on steroids will probably buy that clown one addl year.

Advertisement
Baylor will "go a different direction" from Grobe. James Franklin should be canned after this year too but his Goldenesque schtick on steroids will probably buy that clown one addl year.

Grobe stays if he does nothing more than serve as a de facto CEO. No need to Grobelize Baylor. Just let Kendal Briles run the offensive show.

Jim Caldwell will be fired and F A G will be the new Lions' Corch.

Caldwell is a good NFL head coach. Most Coaches are only as good as their players.

I'm a lions fan. We have talent that's not the issues. Losing record with the number one defense and Calvin Johnson, Golden Tate, Eric Ebron on the offense is pure dookey

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back