What are your expectations on Stacy Coley @ Miami ?

Advertisement
With PD gone, I expect him to step into long ball roll with Brad.

He was wide open against Duke (dropped a sure TD) and FSU (Kaaya overthrow). He's someone who defenses will need to respect.

I think we'll see Berrios get a ton of looks on poorly executed bubble screens.

With PD gone, I expect him to step into long ball roll with Brad.

He was wide open against Duke (dropped a sure TD) and FSU (Kaaya overthrow). He's someone who defenses will need to respect.

I think we'll see Berrios get a ton of looks on poorly executed bubble screens.

Let's hope they do not waste Brad on bubble screens. Kid gives us back the whole field and we should use it. More TE action over the middle will bring back something old Cane. Berrios would benefit greatly from TE and WR strenching the field. That kid coming underneath and putting on the moves would make great weapon. Our third down problems on both sides of the ball will remain until we get better coaching.

are we going to see improvements of him as a player? and pls do not blame the coaches

he was overrated coming out of HS...he had just elite speed and acceleration but he is extremely raw as a WR. that elite speed he has doesn't translate right now. we've seen him midjudge balls and make some head scartching plays.

as a returner he straight up looks scared of contact. i've seen him slow down before getting hit.

He wasn't overrated. The kid performed well as freshman, but that performance was based off of highschool development...like Kaaya.

Skill player development under Folden is non-existent...which we will likely see with Kaaya!

Advertisement
Stacy Coley has the natural ability to be the first DOMINANT #1 since Dre, Tana, Reggie n them. We've had good guys but they all been solid, #2s overachieving.

Hank was always dropping passes until his last year. Good speed, size, and feet not elite in any area though.

Hurns was faster than he looked, great hands, good blocker, smart route runner and reliable.Not Elite in any way.

PD was a Blazer overall had good hands. Outside of a 4 or 5 game stretch was consistent. What he was missing was agility, at his size with his explosive ability he could have been uncoverable. Should have been like santana except he was more straight line only.

Sam shields couldn't put it together at reciever.

Tommy streeter could have been the 1. He was a nightmare mismatch. Nightmare. Left too early should have stayed 1 more. Had all the tools size, speed, hands, explosive etc...

We've seen Coley go ham but only getting bubble screens wounded ruin ur year too

Advertisement
I just want to remember that he's still on the team halfway through the season. All this the is that he's emerged as a "leader" this summer so at worst we hopefully shouldn't have his supposed free time proclivities to blame things on.

Last edited:
I also expect him to rebound, and go pro after the season. I think he can reach the 1,000 yd 10 TD range

He just needs to stay focused and get his confidence back. He's the typical makes a spectacular catch, drops the easy one type of WR. Last season was a disaster for him mentally and with injuries.

You don't score a TD receiving, rushing, PR & KR as a true freshman without being a special talent.

Now if the coaching staff would just let him run a route other than a bubble screen....

Tommy streeter could have been the 1. He was a nightmare mismatch. Nightmare. Left too early should have stayed 1 more. Had all the tools size, speed, hands, explosive etc...

One kid - actually the only kid - from the 2015 class that reminds me of Streeter, is Cager. Kid has excellent body control for His height.

Advertisement
Talent kid no doubt. I expect to see him rebound partly by just being used more effectively on route patterns. Some games left you scratching your head on how he was used.
Coley is going to have to get over being timid of contact. He looks scared on punt returns and many times slows up before contact.

Advertisement
A little bit better now that we have a WR coach that knows something about the position.

Brennan Carrol as WR coach should have been considered a criminal act by Golden.

I can honestly say that our wideout production hasn't been bad since 09... Was Carrol really bad? I mean Streeter, Hurns and Dorsett looked good with him... Wasn't Coley AA/freshman year with him? I think he needs to learn how to be a receiver and not just rely on his talents... Everyone is ready for him on returns... They are ready for the reverses and the screens are what teams expect from him... Now it's time for him to brush up on his route running...

Coley will be much better with Beard coaching him. Howevervi think he and Kaaya have terrible chemistry. Plus all Coley will put him in for is to run a stupid *** wr screen.

Advertisement
Back