What Are Your Expectations For 2024?

One hope I have is that we have a clear WR1 coming out of fall camp. Brown needs to be that goto WR1. Without it, our offense can be a bit limited

Advertisement
x0kMYoT7J31i8.gif

YGgGGGlRYpZswGkHlH.gif

Advertisement
9-3, top 4 finish in the ACC. Win the Pop Tarts Bowl in blowout fashion over some mediocre Big 12 team to get to 10-3. Finished ranked Top 15.

Before CIS jumps on me, this would be the best season since 2016/2017 (we’ve won 8 games exactly once since then and have had more losing seasons (2) than bowl wins (0)).

This would also ensure a Top 3 recruiting class and allow us to truly explode in ‘25. Last year I went 7-5 because there were too many holes on the roster; this year there are less (but still a few), but we have a dynamic enough QB that he can win us few games himself we might’ve otherwise lost.

Our defense will hold us back. I understand this is the time of year when we drink the kool aid, but this team still has holes. And yall are completely forgetting about last year.

Go rewatch the Louisville game and tell me you expect to win 10. TVD didnt lose that game, our defense did. And our defense didnt improve this offseason, they got worse.

DB is worse than last year, not better. The safety from Washington is good, but not as good as Kam. We lost more than we gained. Dyoni Hill is the only CB we added and to be honest doesnt move the needle.

DT got worse. Barron and Clark vs Taylor and Hunt, I’m taking Taylor and Hunt.

WR is also getting overrated. Brown may or may not improve the room. We’ll see.

We did upgrade at QB and RB….hopefully that should be enough to win us more games, but 10 is a stretch IMO. I’d say 8 or 9 wins with this roster just being honest

Our defense will hold us back. I understand this is the time of year when we drink the kool aid, but this team still has holes. And yall are completely forgetting about last year.

Go rewatch the Louisville game and tell me you expect to win 10. TVD didnt lose that game, our defense did. And our defense didnt improve this offseason, they got worse.

DB is worse than last year, not better. The safety from Washington is good, but not as good as Kam. We lost more than we gained. Dyoni Hill is the only CB we added and to be honest doesnt move the needle.

We did upgrade at QB and RB….hopefully that should be enough to win us more games, but 10 is a stretch IMO. I’d say 8 or 9 wins with this roster just being honest
Can you explain why?

Advertisement

So the defense cost us 1 game out of 13? 🤔

Barron plays DE so putting him in the group of DT while comparing that group to last years DT is a stretch. Barrow & Clark are better than Taylor & Hunte... Barrow had more sacks last year than Taylor & Hunte combined.

Now Barron gets snaps at DT during 3rd & Long. So you're looking at Bain, Barron, Mesidor, Alston on a pass rush situation. Which is much better than last year.

LB unit will be better.

DBs are a question for sure. However, a sicko DL can really help a DB room that has some players that are a little green outside of DPJ & Hill.

Last years defensive was ranked 24th in total defense. 37th in 3rd down %, need to be better. 11th against the run.

I think our defense **could** improve with another year in the system, along with a front 7 that's probably the best in the ACC. Only time will tell.

Advertisement

The defense also had a bunch of injuries on the d-line in the Louisville game. Say what you want about him but the d-line took a step back after LT got hurt because he was a bigger body than guys like deen and jhh. Also barrow is better than jhh and DT is going to be better. I say the defense did get better mainly up front and I think LB will be better. Also cb should be better if brown is developing and taking the step like people are saying along with Richard who I said to had a strong spring.

Also they lost 4 games by a TD or less last year including that Louisville game. They win 2 of those games and it’s a 9 win season. We have the best QB in the acc. We have never been able to say we have the best qb in the conference. That alone goes a long way. And why do we have to be loaded at every position when teams like Louisville and etc can get to the acccg

The defense also had a bunch of injuries on the d-line in the Louisville game. Say what you want about him but the d-line took a step back after LT got hurt because he was a bigger body than guys like deen and jhh. Also barrow is better than jhh and DT is going to be better. I say the defense did get better mainly up front and I think LB will be better. Also cb should be better if brown is developing and taking the step like people are saying along with Richard who I said to had a strong spring.

Also they lost 4 games by a TD or less last year including that Louisville game. They win 2 of those games and it’s a 9 win season. We have the best QB in the acc. We have never been able to say we have the best qb in the conference. That alone goes a long way. And why do we have to be loaded at every position when teams like Louisville and etc can get to the acccg
I just wish we fixed our corner and safety spot other then that we have a competent group all over the field

Advertisement
I'm excited to see this team. Yes, drinking the kool-aid, but this time it's strawberry (my favorite). The sugar from the portal should go a long way in complementing the high school classes. As with every team, injuries will be key. But I expect a bowl victory to put us in double-digit wins. We shouldn't"t be outmatched by anyone on the schedule. How the offense, particularly, looks in Gainesville will speak volumes about the coaching. 👀 Dawson.

DB is worse than last year, not better. The safety from Washington is good, but not as good as Kam. We lost more than we gained. Dyoni Hill is the only CB we added and to be honest doesnt move the needle. Williams was a terrible safety ,he only flashed near the LOS. We will be better here. Powell, the Washington Safety actually has better coverage grades than Kam, a wash.

DT got worse. Barron and Clark vs Taylor and Hunt, I’m taking Taylor and Hunt. Taylor was not drafted, he wasn't that good. Bain is much stronger this year and if he moves inside on pass downs, we are better. Barrow from Mich St is an upgrade over Hunt

WR is also getting overrated. Brown may or may not improve the room. We’ll see. Tend to agree on Brown but he does have verified 4.4 speed so I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. X is a proven reliable receiver , George is a senior as is X. Both will be better

We did upgrade at QB and RB….hopefully that should be enough to win us more games, but 10 is a stretch IMO. I’d say 8 or 9 wins with this roster just being honest.
QB is the most important position on the field. We do not know how good Cam will be-his health and play will for the most part determine our season

Advertisement
Back