What Are Your Expectations For 2024?

I don't necessarily disagree. But, how many are 1-3 round picks? Some of these playoff teams of recent memory have been loaded with high level talent. I am hopeful that Maui and Bain are future 1-3 round guys but apart from them, how many guys do we have that are 1-3 guys? Even Washington which I found somewhat weaker than most playoff teams we've seen had 3 guys go in the top 20, 2 in the 2nd round, and 2 in the 3rd. TCU (similarly somewhat weaker) had 3 guys go in the top 3 rounds of 2023 (1 in each round).
Projecting the draft is not very smart. See last year but PFF has Restrepo as a 2nd rounder. Rivers can play up and down the OL and NFL teams love versatile OL. I don’t see him getting out of the second if he continues in that trajectory. Cooper absolutely will be a top 3 round pick. Baron had a day 2 grade according to Pete and the Senior Bowl. There is enough here. We’re not competing with the SECW.

Advertisement
Agreed. I said same thing earlier in this thread. However, when I compare this roster to what I've typically seen of playoff teams, there is a distinction between the rosters.

And so yeah, maybe we get in (particularly since the playoff expands this year), but IMO that may be based more on the relative weakness of the ACC and the rest of the NCAA than our own bona fides.

Anyways, I hope I'm wrong.
if we dont get into the top 12 this year (which means we didnt win the ACC), we need to look at a coaching change

You’re expecting an ACC ship and a CFP home game? Gee, why not demand a natty? I get WANTING those outcomes, but expecting? Given the last 20 years?

My expectations? 10 wins. I don’t care if that means 9-3 and a bowl win. 10 wins likely puts us back into national relevance. 10 regular season wins likely puts us on the ACC championship game.

Oh and beat the Gators. Let’s start with that.
We aren't paying Mario top dollar to be a **** 8 win team. If he can't win the ACC this year, when the living **** will he win the ACC? Year 14?

My expectations on year 3 with Mario is the same as it was 2 1/2 years ago.
I've been patient/lenient long enough. No sliding to year 4 or 5 just because we stunk the first 2.

1. Win the **** ACC
2. Go to the **** playoffs
3. Win at least 1 **** playoff game

Playoff note:
Rd.1- Teams 5-12 play at the higher seed stadium.
The rest of the playoffs are @ Bowls
Rd. 2- Peach, Sugar, Rose, Fiesta
Rd. 3- Orange, Cotton
Natty- Merc. Benz Stadium

Advertisement
We aren't paying Mario top dollar to be a **** 8 win team. If he can't win the ACC this year, when the living **** will he win the ACC? Year 14?
Where did I say eight wins? I did not. I actually wrote 10 (T-E-N as in nine plus one equals TEN).
Also, I'm not paying Mario; are you?

Go learn how to read and comprehend before you direct an angry, ill-informed reply at me or anyone else for that matter. You'll come off less like a dolt in the future.

I think we are either going to be in the CFP - where anything can happen, or we are only winning like 9 games cause Cam Ward isn't as great as we all think/hope (maybe like he doesn't correct his fumble problems and takes too many sacks). I really don't see how Cam Ward can be good to great to elite for us, and we don't make the CFP.

Where did I say eight wins? I did not. I actually wrote 10 (T-E-N as in nine plus one equals TEN).
Also, I'm not paying Mario; are you?

Go learn how to read and comprehend before you direct an angry, ill-informed reply at me or anyone else for that matter. You'll come off less like a dolt in the future.
I want to see results, not more limp wristed excuses from some fans.

And yes, I am expecting an ACC Championship. The conference is weak this year. If we can't win a weak conference with the talent we have, when will we? If Mario can't win it this year, when will he? It'll be another season he wasted the talents of a high level QB. You know how that will look moving forward when we are trying to land a top notch QB? He was already seen as a QB killer before he got here. Good luck with that. Mario needs to win, and win now, or he never will.

9-3, limping into a meaningless bowl game is not improvement. Not with this schedule. Not with the talent we have.

Advertisement
I think we are either going to be in the CFP - where anything can happen, or we are only winning like 9 games cause Cam Ward isn't as great as we all think/hope (maybe like he doesn't correct his fumble problems and takes too many sacks). I really don't see how Cam Ward can be good to great to elite for us, and we don't make the CFP.

The first blame the player post of the 2024 season…

Well done.

I want to see results, not more limp wristed excuses from some fans.

And yes, I am expecting an ACC Championship. The conference is weak this year. If we can't win a weak conference with the talent we have, when will we? If Mario can't win it this year, when will he? It'll be another season he wasted the talents of a high level QB. You know how that will look moving forward when we are trying to land a top notch QB? He was already seen as a QB killer before he got here. Good luck with that. Mario needs to win, and win now, or he never will.

9-3, limping into a meaningless bowl game is not improvement. Not with this schedule. Not with the talent we have.
Ah the ole change the story approach. You hate Mario - good for you. Why are you all angry about this? Because I expect a 10 win season and you expect more? Neither you nor I know with any reliable certainty what the other teams in the ACC will do this year. How good will Clemson be? FSU? UNC? NC State? SMU?? So if we go 10-2 with both losses being coin flips and get locked out of the ACC championship game because of a tiebreaker, it’s a crap season? Nah. Go get mad at someone else bro. I got laid this morning so I’m good.

08/31 (W) 34-24 Florida Gators
09/07 (W) 56-13 Florida A&M
09/14 (W) 52-14 Ball State Cardinals
09/21 (W) 31-21 USF Bulls
10/05 (W) 38-20 California Bears
10/19 (W) 37-30 Louisville Cardinals
10/26 (W) 28-20 Florida State Seminoles
11/02 (W) 54-17 Duke Blue Devils
11/09 (W) 56-13 Georgia Tech
11/23 (W) 61-7 Wake Forest
11/30 (W) 27-10 Syracuse

Advertisement
1000001522.gif

Advertisement
08/31 (W) 34-24 Florida Gators
09/07 (W) 56-13 Florida A&M
09/14 (W) 52-14 Ball State Cardinals
09/21 (W) 31-21 USF Bulls
10/05 (W) 38-20 California Bears
10/19 (W) 37-30 Louisville Cardinals
10/26 (W) 28-20 Florida State Seminoles
11/02 (W) 54-17 Duke Blue Devils
11/09 (W) 56-13 Georgia Tech
11/23 (W) 61-7 Wake Forest
11/30 (W) 27-10 Syracuse
9/27 (W) 42-24 Virginia Tech

10 win regular season and an ACC championship I think has to be the expectation with this favorable schedule and the fact that we’re more talented than anyone on our schedule

Advertisement
Back