Off-Topic What are you listening to?

Advertisement
@wspcane @Macca

Don’t know if you lads have heard this. From their newest album released just over a year ago. The only song Townshend sings lead vocals on.

A masterpiece.

Advertisement
Keith Moon over John Bonham?

Interesting debate. Both GOATs who died too young.
Bonham hands down. It’s well known Moon was all over the place with his beats whereas Bonham was a true musician. Listen to how he puts together the beats in Zep songs. All 3 Zep surviving members have stated that Bonzo was the glue that held them all together.

From a technical standpoint, Jaco Pastorius would get my vote for greatest Bassist of all-time, or at least top 3.

His ability to make false harmonics sound like actual harmonics all while playing on a 4-string Bass is otherworldly.

In terms of innovative techniques & melodic grooves, Larry Graham & Verdine White are in the discussion as well.

What planet do you come from and will you teach us your advanced technologies?

Advertisement
I'd take Bonham over the two. In the modern world of music, I have Danny Carey.
I mean Bonham is probably the most talented of the two...and he didn't need sticks to do what he wanted...and Peart is the most technically gifted of any drummer I've ever seen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd take Bonham over the two. In the modern world of music, I have Danny Carey.
I’d put Jon Fishman from Phish up there for modern drummers as well. Limb by Limb should by all accounts not be drummable. Here is a drum teacher’s take on it:

More importantly, here it is live:

Advertisement
Back