What are we hearing regarding Pat Bethel?

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Kid was supposed to be the truth at DE. Are we hearing anything good about him?

Advertisement
He was making plays when he was in the games the first half of the season. He has talent and will take the next step

I heard that he was a true freshman this year who got PT and should vastly improve from year 1 to year 2.

Advertisement
He will be good. Got a lot of ballers in front of him right now. Wouldn't be surprised to see them bulk him up and slide him inside.

I heard that he hates guys who start several innocuous threads asking dopey questions that can't be answered.

Advertisement
I heard that he hates guys who start several innocuous threads asking dopey questions that can't be answered.

Finally, an intelligent post that was well-thought out!! I understand now what chat rooms and message boards are all about! Thank you, man! You've helped me!!!

I think he was a pleasant surprise.

He moves really well for his size and will only get bigger and faster now. Coming into fall camp, I expected him to be too weak to play and not sufficiently explosive. Already in fall camp, he made a handful of plays when I watched and dispelled some of the concerns people had from watching him during All-star practices/week. Then, he got on the field during the season and he chased plays down, closed quickly and used his hands better than I had seen.

What we know for sure is he'll continue to get better or drown, as there's a ton of talent coming for his rotation spot.

He moves really well for his size and will only get bigger and faster now. Coming into fall camp, I expected him to be too weak to play and not sufficiently explosive. Already in fall camp, he made a handful of plays when I watched and dispelled some of the concerns people had from watching him during All-star practices/week. Then, he got on the field during the season and he chased plays down, closed quickly and used his hands better than I had seen.

What we know for sure is he'll continue to get better or drown, as there's a ton of talent coming for his rotation spot.

Now, this IS a helpful post! Thanks, LuCane! This was the kind of feedback I was looking for! It's nice to be excited about the Canes and their future again!

Advertisement
he looked great in the games he played, considering he was a true Freshman.

Wonder if he'll grown into a DT

Advertisement

agree. he made some plays. he was an EE and he will have two offseasons of s & c under his belt by next year. he will contribute.

Lu -- Do you think he could move inside at some point?

Lu -- Do you think he could move inside at some point?
I don't know enough about his room for gain to really say either way.

he looked great in the games he played, considering he was a true Freshman.

Wonder if he'll grown into a DT

He looked alright in the time he played. Great as a Frosh is Burns at FSU, the DT at Houston, Richards here, etc.

Advertisement
Back