What are Robert Burns stats so far this season????????

Does anyone else know what his injuries are? Given they could be nagging injuries but is it a shoulder? A knee?

Given what he has on tape he can obviously play, but if he's getting busted up now playing the competition gulliver plays...boy those college hits are going to take him out.

Advertisement
Does anyone else know what his injuries are? Given they could be nagging injuries but is it a shoulder? A knee?

Given what he has on tape he can obviously play, but if he's getting busted up now playing the competition gulliver plays...boy those college hits are going to take him out.

That last part....ding ding ding. Close thread.

As for *****ing if he went somewhere else and balled out, I'd be shocked and happy for the guy. By all accounts, he seems like one **** of a good young man who just maybe you take a chance on because of that. Having said That and with an outsiders view as I don't know all the details, I don't see a reason to take a chance on someone who can't see the field in high school. Nobody would buy a car that barely runs.

His HS coach is about sick of him in most recent interview too...I don't understand this kid at all.

As for *****ing if he went somewhere else and balled out, I'd be shocked and happy for the guy. By all accounts, he seems like one **** of a good young man who just maybe you take a chance on because of that. Having said That and with an outsiders view as I don't know all the details, I don't see a reason to take a chance on someone who can't see the field in high school. Nobody would buy a car that barely runs.

Easy to say that now.

Harder to say if he's ripping off 50 yard runs for Bama.

Besides, it doesn't seem like we're putting all our eggs in one basket. We supposedly lead for McFarland, and we already have Homer on the roster.

I'll take a chance on a local kid with his size and speed.

Easy to say that now.

Besides, it doesn't seem like we're putting all our eggs in one basket. We supposedly lead for McFarland, and we already have Homer on the roster.

This is just straight full ****** at this point.

It really is.

This kid hasn't done **** in two years at GULLIVER who play basically no one all year long and you keep coming up with reasons why this isn't a concern at all.

I'm not even gonna look it up but someone said "he'll be healthier".

Good God

Advertisement

Easy to say that now.

This is just straight full ****** at this point.

It really is.

This kid hasn't done **** in two years at GULLIVER who play basically no one all year long and you keep coming up with reasons why this isn't a concern at all.

I'm not even gonna look it up but someone said "he'll be healthier".

Good God

What's full ****** is pretending like there's no risk/reward component. I AM acknowledging that he's risky. But you refuse to acknowledge that he has ability. IMO his ability is worth the risk. Guys with his size and speed aren't easy to find.

We have a ton of scholarships available, especially after we get rid of more bums this off-season. I'm fine with taking him but they **** well better get somebody like McFarland as well.

Advertisement
How I feel about Burns:

- His measurables are great
- His highlights are ok
- His stats are bad
- His injury history is awful

I'd still take him because...why not? We've got plenty of scholarships, so I'd rather them roll the dice on an athletic RB with great size vs. the type of RB's we've signed the last couple years. But we shouldn't count on him to pan out (I don't expect him too). If he works out, great, it's a bonus you weren't counting on.

Burns trajectory to me is like this:

There are guys who looked pretty good his Freshman/Sophomore season - so they get this great star rating & reputation because people think "man, if he looks like this now, he's going to be REALLY good by the time he's a Senior". But the reality is, they just never develop like you'd think they would, or with more games you realize, eh, they just weren't great to begin with. Good players, but not great.

I put Burns in this category - along with Mark Walton, Joseph Yearby, Eduardo Clements, Tracy Howard, and Jaquan Johnson. There's a lot of these guys, but those are the ones in recent memory for me.

How I feel about Burns:

- His measurables are great
- His highlights are ok
- His stats are bad
- His injury history is awful

I'd still take him because...why not? We've got plenty of scholarships, so I'd rather them roll the dice on an athletic RB with great size vs. the type of RB's we've signed the last couple years. But we shouldn't count on him to pan out (I don't expect him too). If he works out, great, it's a bonus you weren't counting on.

Burns trajectory to me is like this:

There are guys who looked pretty good his Freshman/Sophomore season - so they get this great star rating & reputation because people think "man, if he looks like this now, he's going to be REALLY good by the time he's a Senior". But the reality is, they just never develop like you'd think they would, or with more games you realize, eh, they just weren't great to begin with. Good players, but not great.

I put Burns in this category - along with Mark Walton, Joseph Yearby, Eduardo Clements, Tracy Howard, and Jaquan Johnson. There's a lot of these guys, but those are the ones in recent memory for me.

If the kid hasn't played since his freshman or sophomore yearithen with the exception of Clements he isn't on those guys levels. All of those players balled out. If I was a coach I'll take the chance and have him prove himself at a prep school. This is like UF signing their qb Trask and he was a backup in hs.

Advertisement
This **** is the twilight zone.

"I know a guy."

Ya ONE? Out of how many ten of thousands.

COMICAL

Heg you are arguing with morons, You know better than this. Glad to see you posting over anyways.

Indeed....welcome back to a good poster.

If UF or FSU was recruiting a guy who couldn't even see the field, I can't even imagine the crap that would be said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back