What am I missing?

Nothing has changed for me.

If anything, I’m more optimistic because I thought Perry and Williams made up some ground.

But like I’ve been saying for weeks now, this will be determined in the summer, probably before the LSU installation, which I assume will be a week or two before the actual opener.

So it will be close right up to the final scrimmage.

What I’m hoping is that Perry and Williams sack up and start humping between now and when practices start August 1.

Advertisement
I'm right with you on the Perry evaluation. I liked what I saw. There were easily 4-7 balls that could have/should have been caught putting him around 60%. People complained about him scrambling too much but our O line was getting manhandled. Malik took sacks on those same plays. If O-line doesn't improve we are going to need that. Based upon what I saw Perry has elite tools with his arm and elusiveness. Even though the throw to Burns was off an elite RB probably catches that. A true freshman Fromm played well at georgia but if you watched the games his backs, o-line and wrs helped him out tremendously in those same spots. In my opinion this falls on Richt and Richt Jr to get him where he needs to be in terms of reading defenses and progressions. I'm not sold on that combo in terms of being OC and QB coach. Kaaya looked like he took a step back and while Rosier won games I thought the playcalling did him no favors. I saw Lamar Jackson in high school multiple times and he had the same look as perry. Petrino coached him up and played to his strengths. Good coaches do that! Split the 1 reps between Perry and Rosier. Perry moves the chains! Williams has the look of a great one just would like to not rush him in and develop him.

Guys, regardless of what any of us think, Rosier is starting against LSU unless he gets hurt. Mark is not going to do anything to make a 5th yr senior starter who was 11 and 0 career going into last regular season game, ranked 2nd in the polls, transfer out to go play some place his last year. Not saying Rosier finishes that game but he starts it.

You want to throw a freshman, redshirt or true, in national game against LSU for his first start? Seriuosly? Did you see Vinny’s first start as true freshman? How about Bernie’s as a redshirt freshman? You got Jim Kelly hiding back there some place, then maybe. This is not a video game. This is D1 football at The U. Mark almost got to the playoffs last year and this team has gotten better with incoming class. The HC is not going to throw the dice on the shiny new toy right out of the box. The hook might be at the ready but not before the season starts.

When your OL is Swiss cheese, you have to take some chances. Nobody will look good with what we've got there right now.

Advertisement
it was

and he was in late

He was in late against Toledo because you don't take out your starting RB in a one score game in the 4th quarter, that's when you feed him. Complaining about a him playing too long in a game he wasn't injured is just nitpicking.

I'm right with you on the Perry evaluation. I liked what I saw. There were easily 4-7 balls that could have/should have been caught putting him around 60%. People complained about him scrambling too much but our O line was getting manhandled. Malik took sacks on those same plays. If O-line doesn't improve we are going to need that. Based upon what I saw Perry has elite tools with his arm and elusiveness. Even though the throw to Burns was off an elite RB probably catches that. A true freshman Fromm played well at georgia but if you watched the games his backs, o-line and wrs helped him out tremendously in those same spots. In my opinion this falls on Richt and Richt Jr to get him where he needs to be in terms of reading defenses and progressions. I'm not sold on that combo in terms of being OC and QB coach. Kaaya looked like he took a step back and while Rosier won games I thought the playcalling did him no favors. I saw Lamar Jackson in high school multiple times and he had the same look as perry. Petrino coached him up and played to his strengths. Good coaches do that! Split the 1 reps between Perry and Rosier. Perry moves the chains! Williams has the look of a great one just would like to not rush him in and develop him.

Lol Petrino. Dont compare Lamar Jackson to kosi perry

Good first post.

Remember paragraph breaks are your friend.

I'm not comparing the two in that sense. Lamar is a finished product and heisman winner. Kosi can run and throw. Simplify the offense and play to his strengths. Coaching makes a difference. Jalen Hurts is an example, he looked much better under Lane Kiffin adapting to his strengths. Help your young quarterbacks out with easier throws and reads.

Having said all that I would try and go with perry but I think Richt starts Malik vs. LSU. I don't bash Malik because I think he makes the most of the talent he has. I think Malik is capable of beating LSU and will support him if he starts. How many times did we watch Kaaya with all of the tools in the world not be able to make 2 game deciding throws to put a team away like FSU/ND. That was more frustrasting for me than Malik because you knew he was talented enough to do it.

Advertisement
The only people that are saying that Perry is out of the race are the ones that just read the stat line and did not watch the game. If you just read stats it looks like Rosier dominated and Perry was trash.

Truth is Perry made a lot of really good throws, but either drops or out of bounds called made his stats look really bad. He was not perfect but he played much better than Rosier.

Rosier on the other hand had very few drops as well as took a ton of sacks including back to back to make it 3rd and 33. Rather than throwing the ball away, like Perry was doing, he would take a sack and made it look like he was very accurate. But if you compare rushing yards between the two of them you can really see how many yards Rosier lost because of sacks.

Perry did not play perfect, and must improve on all aspects, but he played better than Rosier regardless of stats.

Read this and became angry. Hope it’s not true; but if Richt is just putting Rosier as the starter b/c he’s a 5th yr Sr, then I question him

https://caneswarning.com/2018/04/15/nkosi-perry-jarren-williams-battling-miami-hurricanes-backup-qb/

Advertisement
ehhh i'm skeptical of that

source:
onside kick vs ga tech
going for some ridiculous 4th and longs

The philosophy I was refering is more than just playcalling.

It's how the whole progrum is run.It's the whole kit and kaboodle. From stem to stern. From the rooter to the tooter.

Read this and became angry. Hope it’s not true; but if Richt is just putting Rosier as the starter b/c he’s a 5th yr Sr, then I question him

https://caneswarning.com/2018/04/15/nkosi-perry-jarren-williams-battling-miami-hurricanes-backup-qb/

I said on another forum on fb at the end of last season that there was about a 70% chance that Malik will be the starter going into 2018 based off of class rank and experience. People tried to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about and were 100% so sure Perry was the man. There's still spring and fall camp so there is still a long way to go, but it is looking as though my prediction is coming true.

Some hard lessons might get learned this season.

Apparently, Rosier is the only QB that can ever win a game at Miami & we'll never have another 10 wins season again unless he's the QB. Hopefully we can get a petition going for the NCAA to grant him an additional 4 years of eligibility.

People that think it's impossible for a Red Frosh or TF QB to come in & be successful must not pay any attention to college football in general because it literally happens more & more every single year & has been for the last decade or so. And for people who keep making that experience argument wtf are we gonna do next year when all of our QB's will be young guys with little to no live game experience?

The problem is, we're stuck with betting the house on a 5th year Senior because for whatever reason we won't adjust the offense to better suit the skills of the guys who could make us better overall. I don't hate Rosier at all, I just don't think he's a good QB, but at the end of the day Richt is gonna stick with him.

Maybe Rosier proves us wrong & plays much better than he did last year, I would have no problem holding that L & eating crow if that happens. All I know is, if Rosier stinks up the joint vs LSU everyone will be calling for JW or Perry, but then that would defeat the purpose of starting Rosier in the first place.

Advertisement
Can the Richt bashers elaborate on how, after 2 seasons mind you, Coach is running the program/coaching not to lose instead of to win? Serious question.

Nothing has changed for me.

If anything, I’m more optimistic because I thought Perry and Williams made up some ground.

But like I’ve been saying for weeks now, this will be determined in the summer, probably before the LSU installation, which I assume will be a week or two before the actual opener.

So it will be close right up to the final scrimmage.

What I’m hoping is that Perry and Williams sack up and start humping between now and when practices start August 1.

Could it be that everyone loves the backup more theory! Or could it be Perry was 0 for 6 against the first team? Could it be Williams played only against the second team? We really need to see all 3 play against the first team equally to provide a better answer. Playing LSU in the first game makes this discision much more difficult, just hope coach MR makes the correct choice.

Can the Richt bashers elaborate on how, after 2 seasons mind you, Coach is running the program/coaching not to lose instead of to win? Serious question.

Why do people have to be labeled bashers or slurpers?

Why can't someone just have an objective opinion after **** near 50 years alive on this earth following the Canes?

Advertisement
Back