What about Jim Tessel?

Advertisement
He has a good winning percentage whereever he goes?

LMAO **** no to sweater vest who padded stats in the Big 10. https://vine.co/v/OZ1WLUOBv9W

no offense, but his team did beat us...and while Porter gave them a victory in OT in that Nat'l Title game, the fact is on paper we were 10x better than OSU and they had us on the ropes all game. He's a good coach, no lie.

Truth

Not totally. What people forget to realize (and yes, I acknowledge, our team had the talent advantage) was that OSU had a lot of NFL talent on that team, especially on defense. Their entire starting lineup on D got drafted - most of them in the first 3 rounds. And, that's not even mentioning a few first rounders that were backups at the time.

Also, he better win fairly quickly because at some point we'd be under an NCAA investigation.

lol perhaps

got osu to the title game in year 2

7 top 5 finishes (AP) in 10 seasons. 5 BCS bowl wins, appearances in 3 others. he can coach...can't all be luck or a mistake.

Hey, I'm not saying that he's not a good coach. I think it'd be foolish, however, for you to downplay the incidents at Youngstown and OSU. We're currently dealing with probation. The NCAA would be on his *** quick fast and in a hurry.

hate on jim tressel but love miami's coaches during the 80s/90s....sounds about right

if we could set the clock back about 30 years then it would be fine, but it's not the ******* 80's anymore. if the media back then resembled what it's like today and if the country was as pussified as it is now, the program would've been shut down a long time ago.

Advertisement
While I hate Tressel and everything OSU related given the winning he did in the midwest if he was down here with south FL talent at his fingertips we would win be in the ACC title game every year.

Advertisement
**** that, I'm from Youngstown. I told all my friends who were OSU fans what I thought about Tressel when they hired him. They all told me I was crazy, he was a well respected and good guy. Then all that **** went down with Pryor and they found out what a real piece of **** he was dating back to the Maurice clarett stuff and the **** at YSU. I hate that ******* guy worse than urban.

the free tattoos? yeah that was the most horrible thing ever.

You have no idea what you're talking about. There was a whole lot more going on with Tressel long before the tattoo thing blew up in his face. I use to hang out with the guy's nephew and played flag football with a bunch of Tressel's former players. Youngstown, in general, was corrupt as **** through the 80's and 90's and Tressel was buddies with all the "right" people, like Mickey Monus and Jim Trafficant to name a few. Recruiting violations and cash payments to 1AA players isn't exactly high on the list of the NCAA's enforcement team.

Besides, OSU didn't get punished for tattoos. I mean, they did, but that wasn't the main reason. The main reason for the punishment was the blatant hiding of information and stonewalling investigations within the school. Plus, the school also got busted for not fully cooperating to the NCAA.

I could go for Tressell. I already don't like the guy cuz of the Ohio Taint saga. So calling for him to be fired and flying hate banners and what not in a few years when we still suck would be pretty easy for me to support.

Advertisement
The reason Akron hired him is because he is a b.s. artist & can fund-raise. They desperately want to raise their profile. He applied for the Youngstown State job also but the academic community rose up against him & that ended it.

**** that, I'm from Youngstown. I told all my friends who were OSU fans what I thought about Tressel when they hired him. They all told me I was crazy, he was a well respected and good guy. Then all that **** went down with Pryor and they found out what a real piece of **** he was dating back to the Maurice clarett stuff and the **** at YSU. I hate that ******* guy worse than urban.

the free tattoos? yeah that was the most horrible thing ever.

You have no idea what you're talking about. There was a whole lot more going on with Tressel long before the tattoo thing blew up in his face. I use to hang out with the guy's nephew and played flag football with a bunch of Tressel's former players. Youngstown, in general, was corrupt as **** through the 80's and 90's and Tressel was buddies with all the "right" people, like Mickey Monus and Jim Trafficant to name a few. Recruiting violations and cash payments to 1AA players isn't exactly high on the list of the NCAA's enforcement team.

dang. so there were ncaa violations going on that no one knows about? no way. i refuse to believe it.

337289_w185.png

Advertisement
I'll take Tressel without the vest. No more gimmicky wardrobe maneuvers.

He really wanted the gig back before Shannon was hired.

He was a candidate when Butch was hired, not Shannon.

I'd take him in a heart beat.

This is the correct version.

I believe you're mistaken. It was actually Coker I was thinking of (whom UM went with).

No. It was when we hired Davis. Dee had the deal done with Tressel, but his wife was scared to come to Miami so he backed out at the last second.

This is the correct version. /

The reason Akron hired him is because he is a b.s. artist & can fund-raise. They desperately want to raise their profile. He applied for the Youngstown State job also but the academic community rose up against him & that ended it.

Tressel is the Prez at Youngstown State, not Akron. He was in some other bogus position at Akron before that.

Advertisement
Back