What’s our chances as of now against Bammer…

Advertisement
Same as the Clemson game last year. No difference makers at receiver to beat 1 on 1 consistently. They’re going to stack the box and we’ll struggle to score. We don’t have a proven pass rush and our LB’s are terrible. Think we’ll have a very solid team this year, but bama is on a different level.

Love it. **** of a post.

And that LSU game everyone always points to, we more than anything beat ourselves. We know what 2019 LSU turned into, but they weren't that good in 2018. I think we had a penalty on just about every drive, Bandy gets kicked out immediately, the QB play was absolutely terrible (shocker) with a pick 6, we get a kick blocked, and Feagles was comically bad.

When you say "if I see another LSU performance", for me, that means just playing your D- game. We know Rosier was a D- QB, so that doesn't help, but the rest of the team was terrible that night too. I just want to see us play a good, fundamental, smart game. No kicks blocked. Hedley booming 50 yarders. A reliable FG kicker. No guys getting kicked out. No pre-snap penalties. No post-play penalties. No dropped passes. You know, the things we can control. If we go out there and play smart ball and guys catch and tackle and we don't give them anything totally unforced and they whip our ***, so be it. But just for once I want to see a game like this where we go play our A game or at worst like a B+ game. I know that's asking a lot in Game 1, but literally the ENTIRE team is back. This is more like Game 12 than it is Game 1, literally the whole staff and whole roster is back, minus Brevin and the edge kids.

So, just play well. Block, tackle, and catch. Make easy plays. Don't jump offsides on 4th and 2. Don't have 22 yard punts. I think if we do that, I see no reason why this game can't be close in the 4th quarter. I expect their defense to be better, but there is NO WAY their offense can be as good, especially in Week 1. Remember, they were only up 7 on Ole Miss last year at the end of the 3rd quarter. They were losing to Georgia at the half. They were only beating the gator by 4 at the end of the 3rd, and wound up giving up 46 points. In the same stadium we're playing them in. Nobody is saying 2020 Bama is one of the best teams ever, and they just lost 6 first rounders off that squad. It's doable to play them close, but for Christ's sake, for once, just go out and play some good football. If we don't have many mistakes and lose by 4 scores, I'll tip my cap. But go toe-to-toe with them and see what happens, don't just give them the game before it really gets started like we always seem to do in these spots.

That’s exactly what I mean! U r spot on; go back & watch that game (if u can stomach it)...we were blow for blow w/ them. Let’s not forget how trash Burrow was in 2018. Yeah we know how he turned out w/ better tutelage, but prior to Brady, Burrow was a game mgr & in that first game, iirc, we held Buddy to less than 50% passing, less than 200 yrds passing & 0 TDs passing. We shot ourselves in the foot w/ dumb penalties (a theme that would occur that season), stupid, stupid TO’s (a theme that would occur that season), and **** poor ST efforts (a theme...u get the point)

We play a sound fundamental game, again at MINIMUM, we make this game respectable. If this veteran team plays as undisciplined we played in that LSU game or how we ended the season last yr, then Lord have mercy on all of us. If anything, they should be hella motivated to take out their frustrations on how the season ended & right the wrong perception.

IF this program is headed in the right direction, then we DON’T get blown out by a bunch of youngsters on that O. We don’t allow a freshman QB, who’s seen a couple of mop of duty action, torch us. Idgaf how strong Bama line is; we don’t allow an unproven RB to run down our throats, and we sure as **** better not allow those unproven WRs (exception being Metchie) to light us up on YACs.

Again, I don’t care if we L (not like that, I always care), but we’re playing the #1 Team on paper. We’re supposed to be so improved & this is the most vulnerable Bama has been in about 4 yrs! Go out there, play sound, and at minimum we make them sweat.

Didn’t FIU have a 5% chance against us? Then again, we don’t fake injuries…

Advertisement
WOW, waive the white flag now and the rest of the season. Never seen this . You all remember, us against the cornhuskers . Got to believe. At least, keep it close so paves the to a positive season. GO CANES.

Last edited:
Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Lol at the people pointing out tendencies from years ago when roster turnover in college football is so high. Also the comparisons to the season opener against LSU three years ago aren’t accurate either. That game was winnable. This one won’t be. I’d probably put our chances of winning at 10%. We can play great and still lose, that’s how big the talent gap is. Maybe they’re rusty, maybe their quarterback turns it over a few times in his first start. Then we can make it a game.

It sucks knowing this is probably the best team we’ve had in a while but we’re still likely getting smoked in week one. I still think we have a good shot at running the table after that so don’t give up on the season if we lose by 20.

Advertisement
At -17.5, technically it’s a 6.3% chance, which is probably about right.

All spring, I told myself this was as good of a spot as we can hope for to beat Bama. And it probably is, in a bubble (looking at their returning production, etc).

Lately I’ve been getting more worried about our defense, specifically the front 7. There is no evidence of a Manny defense maintaining any sort of gap integrity. And this year looks like the most talent deficient front 7 we’ve had during his tenure. I’d say my confidence level for this season has dropped about 1 full win over the past month or so.

But, 6.3% is better than 0% <cue Jim Carrey “so you’re saying there’s a chance” gif>

That’s exactly what I mean! U r spot on; go back & watch that game (if u can stomach it)...we were blow for blow w/ them. Let’s not forget how trash Burrow was in 2018. Yeah we know how he turned out w/ better tutelage, but prior to Brady, Burrow was a game mgr & in that first game, iirc, we held Buddy to less than 50% passing, less than 200 yrds passing & 0 TDs passing. We shot ourselves in the foot w/ dumb penalties (a theme that would occur that season), stupid, stupid TO’s (a theme that would occur that season), and **** poor ST efforts (a theme...u get the point)

We play a sound fundamental game, again at MINIMUM, we make this game respectable. If this veteran team plays as undisciplined we played in that LSU game or how we ended the season last yr, then Lord have mercy on all of us. If anything, they should be hella motivated to take out their frustrations on how the season ended & right the wrong perception.

IF this program is headed in the right direction, then we DON’T get blown out by a bunch of youngsters on that O. We don’t allow a freshman QB, who’s seen a couple of mop of duty action, torch us. Idgaf how strong Bama line is; we don’t allow an unproven RB to run down our throats, and we sure as **** better not allow those unproven WRs (exception being Metchie) to light us up on YACs.

Again, I don’t care if we L (not like that, I always care), but we’re playing the #1 Team on paper. We’re supposed to be so improved & this is the most vulnerable Bama has been in about 4 yrs! Go out there, play sound, and at minimum we make them sweat.

You’re discounting the talent gap quite a bit.

I like our WR vs Bama DBs match up. I thinki Mallory can give them issues too. Our run game will do nothing. The biggest issue will be not having pass rushers to take advantage of Bama new Oline.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like our WR vs Bama DBs match up. I thinki Mallory can give them issues too. Our run game will do nothing. The biggest issue will be not having pass rushers to take advantage of Bama new Oline.
You like our WRs vs a secondary full of future NFL DBs?

Advertisement
Back