West Virginia

rustywalkedaway

Sophomore
Purgatory
Found it curious that West Virginia is chasing some local/in state recruits we are. Before some of you get all bent I’m not saying WVU is direct competition (at least I hope not), but it looks targeted at American Heritage and some Miami high schools.

That made me wonder if somebody, or somebodies, on WVU staff has real ties. Pulled this up, but didn’t recognize any names.

https://wvusports.com/sports/football/coaches

Anybody know anything? Asked a similar question about us recruiting Nebraska earlier this year and was reminded that we do have staff ties to that area.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
8080853C-C679-48A0-9FF2-D9A7BAB937D1.gif

Bama and Wva share genetics

Advertisement
WVU has been getting guys out of FL for years now this shouldn’t be anything new
My sense was those guys often had grade issues or were not high priorities for Florida schools. This seems targeted differently, but that is why I asked. Does anybody have any more specific information?

Previous posters nailed it. Cogdell and grades explain almost all of it. WVU was getting in kids whose only other option was Marshall because BELIEVE ME ain't NOTHIN' actually attractive in that entire godforsaken state to a South Florida kid otherwise.

Advertisement
CHAD SCOTT IS FROM FLORIDA....AND THEIR COACH TRICKETT COACHED AT FAU and fsu .

That being said WVU has been recruiting florida since the 90s they arent a new school down here...as they come down an try to get all the grade casualties jus like marshall.
Thanks for the first part and I'd forgotten about Trickett. Remember when some plugged him as the best in the college biz?

I know the second part, I just wondered if they were more targeted this year and, if so, why. Nobody seems to actually be able to answer that, so moving on.

I went to Miramar High from 04-08, played on the football team for a couple years and know how the relationship was. Cogdell never was that overbearing coach pushing top kids there like Geno, Stedman and Ivan but if it was a lower ranked kid I mean they were gift wrapped. Now Randy Shannon for a while absolutely avoided Miramar like the plague that's why we didn't get anybody until Grace but once they fired Cogdell they created real enemies there because even now Cogdell is heavily respected

Advertisement
Back