West Virginia

Advertisement
Aren't they the fanbase that burns couches for fun?
Supposed to be after big wins or losses, but since they don't have those any longer it now most likely is essentially just for fun. I lived there for a year that place is absolutely ******* wild. Basically lawless other than parking fines

My sense was those guys often had grade issues or were not high priorities for Florida schools. This seems targeted differently, but that is why I asked. Does anybody have any more specific information?
My sense was those guys often had grade issues or were not high priorities for Florida schools. This seems targeted differently, but that is why I asked. Does anybody have any more specific information?

Don’t think it’s more or less than recent years it’s just that two of the guys that are very high on WVU’s board are two players who the CIS board loves (Spells and Bissanthe before he threw the upside down U).

Advertisement
Don’t think it’s more or less than recent years it’s just that two of the guys that are very high on WVU’s board are two players who the CIS board loves (Spells and Bissanthe before he threw the upside down U).
Bissainthe came to paradise camp to clear up the air. Once FSU only wins 2 games with no bowl game he won’t be signing there. he’s also apologized for that and we need him desperately so I don’t care if he dropped a deuce at paradise camp on the u as long as he ends up here

Thanks for the first part and I'd forgotten about Trickett. Remember when some plugged him as the best in the college biz?

I know the second part, I just wondered if they were more targeted this year and, if so, why. Nobody seems to actually be able to answer that, so moving on.
It was the father, Rick, who was OL coach at FSU, not the young one on WVU staff. The kid on WVU staff and his brother were both, at different times, OC at FAU.

Yes they are

also

Funny thing is, that song was written by one of the members of the one-hit wonder, Starland Vocal Band, which had a big hit in about ‘76 called “Afternoon Delight.” The guy was driving to a family dinner on a country road near where I live. I live in Rockville, MD and the road is in Gaithersburg, Maryland. He got the idea while driving and later played it at his Georgetown apartment for Denver. I don’t think he had ever been to West Virginia in his life.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimore-insider/bs-fe-take-me-home-20190416-story.html

Last edited:
I went to Miramar High from 04-08, played on the football team for a couple years and know how the relationship was. Cogdell never was that overbearing coach pushing top kids there like Geno, Stedman and Ivan but if it was a lower ranked kid I mean they were gift wrapped. Now Randy Shannon for a while absolutely avoided Miramar like the plague that's why we didn't get anybody until Grace but once they fired Cogdell they created real enemies there because even now Cogdell is heavily respected
It's so weird u have to kiss a coaches *** to get a kid. Isn't it the kids *** u got to kiss? So weird.....I would never let a HC or someone I'm tight with on a HS staff tell me where tf I'm going. Cause at the end of the day that coach ain't coming with u he's staying his *** in HS.

Advertisement
It's so weird u have to kiss a coaches *** to get a kid. Isn't it the kids *** u got to kiss? So weird.....I would never let a HC or someone I'm tight with on a HS staff tell me where tf I'm going. Cause at the end of the day that coach ain't coming with u he's staying his *** in HS.
Nawit wasn't like that but a the time many of the lower ranked kids didn't get too many P-5 offers but WVU always came hard so it was a comfortable spot. Now if Shannon at least tried nobody would've went to WVU let me just say that except maybe Geno because he did have legit grades issues

It's those West Virginia Mountain Mama hostesses on the visits.

During recruiting season.
wvmountainmama_1024x1024.jpg

After a successful WV recruiting season
photo-3-e1347307059675.jpg

Go Canes

Last edited:
I went to Miramar High from 04-08, played on the football team for a couple years and know how the relationship was. Cogdell never was that overbearing coach pushing top kids there like Geno, Stedman and Ivan but if it was a lower ranked kid I mean they were gift wrapped. Now Randy Shannon for a while absolutely avoided Miramar like the plague that's why we didn't get anybody until Grace but once they fired Cogdell they created real enemies there because even now Cogdell is heavily respected

Gogeta Fact*

Randy Shannon actually coached Damon Cogdell in youth football .

Ivan Sticks Mccartney could of went to Um..i think he chose other wise. He still is a canes fan though.

Geno and Stedman made the right choice and broke records and both went to the nfl. Geno is still collecting nfl checks.

Im the biggest Miramar homer on this board lol

Cogdell was taking all elgible kids up to camp at wvu and did a good job setting the pace and getting Miramar kids recruited to div 1 ...with alot of them going to WVU and other programs.

MirAMAR HAS A SLEEPER SAFETY RIGHT NOW..Good size kid..about 6'1 190 or so.

Balom is going to be a good player for us as well..Miramar kids produce.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back