Wesley injured in car crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A life was apparently lost. There may be other injuries as well.

Right now, who really cares whether he plays or not.

He survived a potentially fatal car crash and that, as well as the grieving of another family, is all that matters. In time, it will be known, I just don’t even care right now whether he plays or not. I just hope he and everyone else heals. At this point that’s all that really matters.

Advertisement
My heart breaks for the family of the deceased. I pray everyone else recovers completely.

I searched for the accident, and I came across this video of the accident scene. I'm guessing this is less than 10-20 minutes after. You'll notice a young man in a green hoodie fitting Wesley's description saying something to another young man who seems dejected and in disbelief. Could that be Wesley at about the 2:05 mark of the video?

https://cbsloc.al/3vHv50t
Accident Scene.png

Last edited:
It could be earlier, I’m not comfortable enough discussing the injury but if it’s best case it would be sooner than that. That’s why I say it’s presumptuous.

Saying he’s out for the year is actual bad info and the biggest problem with this stuff. People throw crap out without knowing the actual injury or how serious.

In most cases missing 3-4 months isn’t a big deal, coming back by mid season would be very doable. But could throw a wrench in things with his position of needing weight to get on the field. That’s fair but it still doesn’t mean you say he’s out for the year when a doctor or trainer hasn’t even discussed that.

Its bad business imo and another reason why this stuff should remain private.
I swear that was him walking outside the car with the UM gear in the news video embedded in the article

Advertisement
My heart breaks for the family of the deceased. I pray everyone else recovers completely.

I searched for the accident, and I came across this video of the accident scene. I'm guessing this is less than 10-20 minutes after. You'll notice a young man in a green hoodie fitting Wesley's description saying something to another young man who seems dejected and in disbelief. Could that be Wesley at about the 2:05 mark of the video?

https://cbsloc.al/3vHv50tView attachment 183398
That looks like him him the green hoodie.

Yeah, I used to live a half-mile from there (over 20 years ago) and that part of Dade is not strictly N-S/E-W grid roads. There are a lot of streets that have bends and curves and people drive way too fast in that area. Not to mention running yellow (red) lights and whatnot.

The report mentioned one of the cars being t-boned, so I am wondering if someone ran a light. None of this is good, but I certainly hope that the story is not "street racing". I still remember that accident back in the mid-90s where two cars were street-racing south on US 1 and slammed into another car making a left turn at SW 17th Avenue. I think a half-dozen people were killed in that one.

Advertisement
Yeah, I used to live a half-mile from there (over 20 years ago) and that part of Dade is not strictly N-S/E-W grid roads. There are a lot of streets that have bends and curves and people drive way too fast in that area. Not to mention running yellow (red) lights and whatnot.

The report mentioned one of the cars being t-boned, so I am wondering if someone ran a light. None of this is good, but I certainly hope that the story is not "street racing". I still remember that accident back in the mid-90s where two cars were street-racing south on US 1 and slammed into another car making a left turn at SW 17th Avenue. I think a half-dozen people were killed in that one.
That one was a Mustang and a Vette if I recall. It hit close to home because I drove a Mustang and people constantly wanted to race down US 1.

That one was a Mustang and a Vette if I recall. It hit close to home because I drove a Mustang and people constantly wanted to race down US 1.

Yep. The kid driving the Vette was too young to drive, his father had gotten a fake birth certificate for him. The Mustang got away, but they had some rudimentary red light cams back then and were able to figure it out.

I remember waking up in the middle of the night (this was when I lived in the Red Roofs) because they were airlifting some of the people from the Mahoney-Pearson driving range.

my friend work in the ER - he knows what happened and it was a large cut that required a lot of stitches but no tendor or ligament was severed 10-12 week recovery. He should be fine for season and he probably play mostly on special teams, dont see hm starting, expecially if we get another transfer lb. he woint start pvr two smith, caleb johnson and at first probably behind steed and flagg, probably passed huff already and troutman of course.
As someone who works in the medical field, your friend just committed a major HIPPA violation and is also a huge douche for telling you or anyone else what happened

Advertisement
Sad to see. Driver never had a chance to survive in a collision like getting t-boned.

Won’t speculate on this accident but I know here in Nashville kids race all the time on regular streets and running red lights is common. I drive so **** cautiously these days cause it’s wild out there on the streets.

Sad to see. Driver never had a chance to survive in a collision like getting t-boned.

Won’t speculate on this accident but I know here in Nashville kids race all the time on regular streets and running red lights is common. I drive so **** cautiously these days cause it’s wild out there on the streets.
There once was a time when "joy-riding" and the like would routinely result in law enforcement attention. Now in many communities that is a thing of the past, and the streets seem more dangerous in many jurisdictions.

It's been reliably documented that accidents, especially fatal ones, are way up in neighborhoods where pullovers have been throttled down in keeping with the woke policing mentality of the day. Would be nice if the negative effects on neighbors and residents and victims were somehow given deserved scrutiny.

Cut the crap with the politics.

First, there aren't enough police on the streets to do the basic jobs of traffic enforcement. "It's been reliably documented" that the cops that we do have are forced to spend an inordinate amount of time on writing up accidents and going to court.

Second, street-racing has been going on for decades. Has nothing to do with "wokeness".

Third, FOR DECADES cops have used "pullovers" as a pretext for searches and to try to get people to do sobriety tests. You act as if "pullovers" are only for speeding, but that's a load of crap. Furthermore, when cops DO pull people over for speeding, it's a revenue issue, the municipalities make net income on the deal, so YES, speeding tickets are still happening, with great frequency.

Oh, yeah, "wokeness". I'd bet big money that your "reliable documentation" is just garbage hearsay being spread by a bunch of incels on OAN.

Advertisement
There once was a time when "joy-riding" and the like would routinely result in law enforcement attention. Now in many communities that is a thing of the past, and the streets seem more dangerous in many jurisdictions.

In Nashville it’s kids in stolen cars speeding running lights and then shooting at other cars when they brake check them/cut them off. It’s gotten bad up here and I never see any cops anywhere trying to stop it.

I almost got ran off the road twice in a week span a couple months ago. No clue where the cops are they could easily post up and see this **** happening all day everyday.

Why would you think the drive had no chance to survive. I would say the passenger had no chance. Just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back