Wesley Bissainthe: Will he be ready?

SinCityCane

Recruit
Almost identical to Sean Spence in size coming out of HS, who had 65 tackles, 2 sacks & a pick 6 as a freshman in 2008. Spence was 6 ft 208, Wesley is 6'1 205. Same number, same position, & it's definitely one where it's not rare for freshmen to contribute. WLB/Jack doesn't require as much strength and bulk as a MLB or SAM, athleticism is a bigger factor, & we keep hearing about how much he's standing out in practice already. I'm getting the feeling he'll be a pleasant surprise & play a big role this year. Am I being too hopeful here? Could he be ready to contribute by the A&M game?

[Edit] Edited title to be more specific

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
He'll get plenty of action on the 2nd team to start but if an injury were to occur to a starter I can see a scenario where he gets on the field and never relinquished his spot. Wesley as WILL & Chase at SAM is a **** of an athletic tandem. Good luck running horizontally against us with those two on the field together.

Advertisement
Don’t be vague with the titles..most of the time we see a title with a kids name and we think it’s something bad (injury, transfer, in trouble) lol
Yeah, I figured that & edited. I've been here for a minute but rarely post threads. It'd slipped my mind. Didn't appreciate the other guy's comment talking about me instead of clarifying what his issue was, but hey, at least he gives good practice reports 🤷

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured that & edited. I've been here for a minute but never post threads, that slipped my mind. Didn't appreciate the other guys comment talking about me instead of to me though, but hey, at least he gives good practice reports 🤷
You good man it’s not all that serious and I’m not sure about the other guy or the comment

Advertisement
Almost identical to Sean Spence in size coming out of HS, who had 65 tackles, 2 sacks & a pick 6 as a freshman in 2008. Spence was 6 ft 208, Wesley is 6'1 205. Same number, same position, & it's definitely one where it's not rare for freshmen to contribute. WLB/Jack doesn't require as much strength and bulk as a MLB or SAM, athleticism is a bigger factor, & we keep hearing about how much he's standing out in practice already. I'm getting the feeling he'll be a pleasant surprise & play a big role this year. Am I being too hopeful here? Could he be ready to contribute by the A&M game?

[Edit] Edited title to be more specific
I have seen both Sean Spence and Wesley Bissanthe in person and the comparison is valid, except IMHO, Wesley is noticeably taller and longer. Spence’s abilities translated from high school to college, were he demonstrated elite instincts, loved to hit and had a nose for sniffing out plays immediately as a freshman and throughout his UM career. Hopefully, these elite qualities will translate to college for Wesley too

Advertisement
I don't care if he's a freshman.

I don't care if he's thin.

If he plays as mindless as Bobby Boucher Jr then Mario won't take him off the field.

Advertisement
Back