We're not done tonight...

My **** is always ready
What da **** did u jus say!!!??? That was way outta line! U should be banned permanently for that comment & u need to have a meeting with Jesus! But until den hold on…
Wrestling Match Aew On Tnt GIF by All Elite Wrestling on TNT

Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey Yoooo! Hit the ***** BUTTON & don’t ever say dat again

Advertisement
Here comes the “cultural awareness” part… we (as in black folks) don’t care about people’s need to understand the how’s and why’s. Different moms or different dads doesn’t matter. That’s “my brother” and “that’s my sister”…period. Someone else attempting to dissect our bloodline with a “half” label is offensive by in large in the AA community.
Yep just get mad about it instead. That’s super helpful 😂

I would elaborate on how stupid what you said is but we….as in normal sane people…don’t really care if you don’t understand the how’s and why’s

Yep just get mad about it instead. That’s super helpful 😂

I would elaborate on how stupid what you said is but we….as in normal sane people…don’t really care if you don’t understand the how’s and why’s
Not mad one bit… there seemed to be some confusion as to DPJr’s response and “why” he laid that out. Just providing clarity for uninformed. But it’s it’s clear you don’t get it and don’t want to which is fine. No sweat.

Not mad one bit… there seemed to be some confusion as to DPJr’s response and “why” he laid that out. Just providing clarity for uninformed. But it’s it’s clear you don’t get it and don’t want to which is fine. No sweat.
I definitely get it. It’s not complicated at all.

To be clear I think Gaby should have chosen something else to say but isn’t that the point? If we are gonna do things over text all the time aren’t we supposed to attempt to be aware of what our words carry?

There was a chance for someone to step in with something that makes sense for everyone but saying “it’s not cool but I don’t care if you get why” is such a lazy response

Advertisement
Here comes the “cultural awareness” part… we (as in black folks) don’t care about people’s need to understand the how’s and why’s. Different moms or different dads doesn’t matter. That’s “my brother” and “that’s my sister”…period. Someone else attempting to dissect our bloodline with a “half” label is offensive by in large in the AA community.

Don't say we don't care, bruh
We can bring people to an understanding without being brash and hostile about our way of being my dawg.

You right though. I have 7 siblings and they're all "half" but we don't ever call each other that. Those my sisters and brothers and that's law. I get where you coming from and what you're seemingly trying to protect but this ain't the way bredren. Educate.

Patience. Respect and empathy for those who don't know. You're trying to protect our culture by feeding a stereotype and it ain't a good look, my guy. Didn't take anything for you to break sh*t down real quick.

Also, all seemingly "black " folk ain't African or African American so when you speak on "us" don't label us in that racist category, respectfully. My people are niiji from this land been here well before any African, respectfully.

Last edited:

I don't know if thats just black culture. I am in my 40s and just found out I have an older half brother last year (word of warning to people using 23 and Me- you might find out family secrets). He's a nice enough dude but I definitely refer to him as my "half - brother" as I barely know the guy now. But if we'd been raised together, I don't think I'd emphasize the distinction unless someone specifically asked.

Advertisement
Don't say we don't care, bruh
We can bring people to an understanding without being brash and hostile about our way of being my dawg.

You right though. I have 7 siblings and they're all "half" but we don't ever call each other that. Those my sisters and brothers and that's law. I get where you coming from and what you're seemingly trying to protect but this ain't the way bredren. Educate.

Patience. Respect and empathy for those who don't know. You're trying to protect our culture by feeding a stereotype and it ain't a good look, my guy. Didn't take anything for you to break sh*t down real quick.

Also, all seemingly "black " folk ain't African or African American so when you speak on "us" don't label us in that racist category, respectfully. My people are niiji from this land been here well before any African, respectfully.
To be clear, I understood why DPJr wrote what he wrote. I’m a stepfather. My daughter is my stepson’s ‘sister.’ We don’t say differently. But, if someone asks me why they have different last names, I explain. Doesn’t make my stepson and daughter’s relationship any ‘less.’ I can understand why DPjr is defending exactly that possible feeling.

Everyone is entitled to feel however they’d like to feel. I don’t believe it’s strictly racial or specific to the ‘black community,’ though someone can feel it is, too, if they wish. I respect the difference of view. If someone clarified that my stepson and daughter were ‘half’ because of different fathers, I’d explain to them it has NO IMPACT on their bond. Just a label to explain they have different fathers.

Again, my point was narrow: people were jumping on the reporter and I wrote it didn’t seem like an attack on their relationship as much as a point of clarification. Anyway, no intent to further derail this thread.

To be clear, I understood why DPJr wrote what he wrote. I’m a stepfather. My daughter is my stepson’s ‘sister.’ We don’t say differently. But, if someone asks me why they have different last names, I explain. Doesn’t make my stepson and daughter’s relationship any ‘less.’ I can understand why DPjr is defending exactly that possible feeling.

Everyone is entitled to feel however they’d like to feel. I don’t believe it’s strictly racial or specific to the ‘black community,’ though someone can feel it is, too, if they wish. I respect the difference of view. If someone clarified that my stepson and daughter were ‘half’ because of different fathers, I’d explain to the has NO IMPACT on their bond. Just a label to explain they have different fathers.

Again, my point was narrow: people were jumping on the reporter and I wrote it didn’t seem like an attack on their relationship as much as a point of clarification. Anyway, no intent to further derail this thread.

Lu, you good. You didn't have to explain your POV. I knew what Gaby meant and I knew what you've been trying to convey.

Those upset or protective will see it too, when they calm down. It may not be a strictly "black" person thing at the core of most cultures but at face value it seems to be. This is why the offense is being taken in the first place. It's also why Gaby felt the need to speak on it.

It just SEEMS other cultures don't hold it in the same regard as we do. The best thing for Gaby to have done was just say they were brothers and move on with that. If he was going to bring up the "half" for 'last name' clarity then he may as well prefaced it with how tight their bond is, for better optics if nothing else.

We're in a very sensitive era and cultural relations are tense af right now. I ain't agreeing with it, because I'm not soft. I ain't in the media though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lu, you good. You didn't have to explain your POV. I knew what Gaby meant and I knew what you've been trying to convey.

Those upset or protective will see it too, when they calm down. It may not be a strictly "black" person thing at the core of most cultures but at face value it seems to be. This is why the offense is being taken in the first place. It's also why Gaby felt the need to speak on it.

It just SEEMS other cultures don't hold it in the same regard as we do. The best thing for Gaby to have done was just say they were brothers and move on with that. If he was going to bring up the "half" for 'last name' clarity then he may as well prefaced it with how tight their bond is, for better optics if nothing else.

We're in a very sensitive era and cultural relations are tense af right now. I ain't agreeing with it, because I'm not soft. I ain't in the media though.
Growing up as a southern hick, had no clue the term half-brother was a cultural difference. In my area, the terms no different than cousin or aunt. I have two black uncles through marriage.

Played small level college football on a minority scholarship, work at a company with large (over 50%) minority workforce.

Maybe just not a topic or thing that has really come up day to day for me.

I'm still being educated on stuff like this. Kind of crazy.

Advertisement
Growing up as a southern hick, had no clue the term half-brother was a cultural difference. In my area, the terms no different than cousin or aunt. I have two black uncles through marriage.

Played small level college football on a minority scholarship, work at a company with large (over 50%) minority workforce.

Maybe just not a topic or thing that has really come up day to day for me.

I'm still being educated on stuff like this. Kind of crazy.

Right. I think that's what Lu was saying. The words don't = the bond

Advertisement
Back