The Miami link

Butch- former Dc
Coker- OC
Shannon-DC
Golden- No link- loser from Temple w/ a binder
Richt- former Qb, just fired.
Manny- DC
Mario- former player

6 out of the last 7 coaches were only chosen because they had a link to the program. It worked once, 20+ years ago.

It’s time drop the cronyism and just pick the best guy. But this is Miami after all, where it’s all about who you know.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don’t think Lane was the answer either

But we certainly would be in a better spot than we are now

Then again Golden would have us in a better spot than we are now

My only hope was that we would bring in an overwhelming amount of talent and football IQ to mask Mario’s deficiencies

We did not accomplish that

The Miami link

Butch- former Dc
Coker- OC
Shannon-DC
Golden- No link- loser from Temple w/ a binder
Richt- former Qb, just fired.
Manny- DC
Mario- former player

6 out of the last 7 coaches were only chosen because they had a link to the program. It worked once, 20+ years ago.

It’s time drop the cronyism and just pick the best guy. But this is Miami after all, where you it’s all about who you know.

Not counting Butch, Richt is easily the best hire of those and we got lucky that he had a loose connection to Miami. Otherwise, we'd never have hired him because of "culture" or something like that.

One of the problems we are going to face now is that a lot of coaches won't come here. You can hide your faults at a school like Oregon but not Miami.

Not hiring Kiffin was such an incredible **** up.
🤷🏾‍♂️ It frickin is what it is right now

Yep. Understanding the "vibes" of Miami is worthless.
No doubt. But a lot of the resident board geniuses will slurp Mario until it mercifully ends a few years from now.

They can’t even understand that it’s almost mathematically impossible for our roster to be rated so high, and have almost every player suck. These same players looked way better last year with Danny Miaz and his staff. They also played way harder last season and didn’t quit.

When will our fanbase learn. You can’t change a tiger’s stripes. Mario is what and who he is.

Advertisement
Mario is a good recruiter BUT he was doing it at already established and winning programs.

What scares me the most about Mario going forward is that we are now in the NIL era. College football is a very different world now with NIL.

Mario’s greatest strength as a coach is as a recruiter, not as a schematic Xs & Os type of coach. His only redeeming quality is that he can recruit. But now we have NIL, and being a recruiting “guru” is now not as important. His greatest strength has now been at least somewhat neutralized.

With NIL a coach who is a B level recruiter, but who is an excellent schematic and game day coach can now recruit at an A level because of NIL. Aside from recruiting, Mario doesn’t do much for a team. He’s not a former coordinator, he was a position coach. I just don’t see how Mario builds a program when his biggest skill doesn’t make as much of an impact in this new era.

He may very well be a dinasaur, a guy who’s built for the previous era of college football, but not for todays NIL world.

We made a mistake and should have hired Kiffen. He’s an actual coach who can make the team better with his football mind and recruiting would come via NIL and on field success.

We finally decided to invest real money into the program and grabbed a guy that’s not built for this new age of college football. Like an NBA team finally investing in a player but it’s an old school big man that doesn’t fit into todays game.

No doubt. But a lot of the resident board geniuses will slurp Mario until it mercifully ends a few years from now.

They can’t even understand that it’s almost mathematically impossible for our roster to be rated so high, and have almost every player suck. These same players looked way better last year with Danny Miaz and his staff. They also played way harder last season and didn’t quit.

When will our fanbase learn. You can’t change a tiger’s stripes. Mario is what and who he is.

There will always be some vibes-based reason why we suck. The culture, mindset, passion for the game, etc. Anything other than admitting Mario sucks.

To be clear, I have been saying for years that our talent was really bad and highly overrated. That's still true. But there's enough players on the roster to not get blown out by MTSU and Duke at home.

Not counting Butch, Richt is easily the best hire of those and we got lucky that he had a loose connection to Miami. Otherwise, we'd never have hired him because of "culture" or something like that.
We weren’t even lucky because he was ultimately horrible anyway. It was crazy toxic his last year here.

Your 6 month ban was based entirely on points. First is a week, second a month. Third is 3 months. That means you had accumulated a ridiculous number of points.

Those bans are meant for you to have a little time for introspection so you can realize what you did wrong. Considering you have 10 active warning points and another 8 that have expired and still think you were banned for your opinion of Mario, I don't think you really learned anything.

Advertisement
Your 6 month ban was based entirely on points. First is a week, second a month. Third is 3 months. That means you had accumulated a ridiculous number of points.

Those bans are meant for you to have a little time for introspection so you can realize what you did wrong. Considering you have 10 active warning points and another 8 that have expired and still think you were banned for your opinion of Mario, I don't think you really learned anything.

lmao. You were one of the guys who was very upset that I wasn't excited about Mario in December.

If how you're saying you were banned is true.... horrendous look from CIS. They can ban my *** for snapping back at posters all they want, but to ban posters because they're hating on a coaching hire just confirms this website is not ran the same way it used to be.

But to be expected I guess, moderators do whatever they want or back out of their words to no consequence around here.

Advertisement
no, we were lucky. He gave us the two best seasons we've had since 2005.
no, we were lucky. He gave us the two best seasons we've had since 2005.

We were a couple bounces away from having a 4-5 loss season in 17. We never had a good football team under Richt. Just beat ND with no qb. If we were lucky to have him because we sucked less *** than the rest then yeah I guess we were lucky.

Advertisement
Mario is a good recruiter BUT he was doing it at already established and winning programs.

What scares me the most about Mario going forward is that we are now in the NIL era. College football is a very different world now with NIL.

Mario’s greatest strength as a coach is as a recruiter, not as a schematic Xs & Os type of coach. His only redeeming quality is that he can recruit. But now we have NIL, and being a recruiting “guru” is now not as important. His greatest strength has now been at least somewhat neutralized.

With NIL a coach who is a B level recruiter, but who is an excellent schematic and game day coach can now recruit at an A level because of NIL. Aside from recruiting, Mario doesn’t do much for a team. He’s not a former coordinator, he was a position coach. I just don’t see how Mario builds a program when his biggest skill doesn’t make as much of an impact in this new era.

He may very well be a dinasaur, a guy who’s built for the previous era of college football, but not for todays NIL world.

We made a mistake and should have hired Kiffen. He’s an actual coach who can make the team better with his football mind and recruiting would come via NIL and on field success.

We finally decided to invest real money into the program and grabbed a guy that’s not built for this new age of college football. Like an NBA team finally investing in a player but it’s an old school big man that doesn’t fit into todays game.

Totally made up.

We see not all kids go to the highest bidder and then if the offers is the same what do you think is the deciding factor?

Advertisement
Back