#WelcomeToTheU Ty Gauthier

We should only go with highly ranked guys. We became a factory because of dudes like Seantrel Henderson, Reggie Youngblood, Andrew Bain and Tyler McMeans. Scrappy, ruthless mofos who just knocked people's heads off.

Yes. Our tradition of bigtime well known OLs goes back to that Sampson kid in the '90's, who Lemming had rated as the highest category (didn't have the same star system then), Freeman Brown, Milton Redwine in the early '80's....there were just so many. They all became great HOF players at the U., Todd Keene is another...transferred out after his first year, became a bodybuilder for Christ. Oh yes, Anthony Lewis, second team USA Today A-A in the early '90's. From powerhouse Brockton...remember him leading cheers savagely from the sideline the whole BC game in Chestnut Hill...while his family and friends from his nearby hometown looked on. And a fine, beautiful fall Boston day it was...just the kind that sweeps you up in the good feelings while watching your recent big star cheer on his teammates the whole game.

Advertisement
Looking at his highlights he can't pass block at all.

So what?

Are you really expecting a high school offensive lineman to have the technique of a 5th year NFL player?

In a normal situation, something Golden hasn't had since he's been here, an incoming freshman wouldn't play until his 2nd year at the earliest, and ideally until his 3rd year.

I'd rather have a player whose best football is 3 years from now, instead of a Jeff Luc, whose best football was as a senior in high school.

That's what recruiting is all about.
It's pretty easy to look and say, "that Sean Taylor kid is going to be pretty good."

The genius comes in looking at a young Jim Kelly, who everyone wants as a linebacker, and seeing an All American quarterback.
Or a fat Russell Maryland and seeing an Outland winner 3 years down the road.

The jury's still out on Golden because of the lack of time and the dysfunction caused by the 3 year NCAA Fuuck story.

Golden's 1st 2 years of recruiting involved us taking any warm body who said "yes," sprinkled in with a few die hards like Duke.

Not Golden's fault that if a kid's family asked, "is UM going to get the death penalty?" His only answer, without lying, had to be, "we don't know."

Starting with last year, the chains came off and we recruited a phenomenal class of athletes/football players, with many of them initially being low star non national recruits, who blew up.

Welcome to the U Ty Gauthier, and prove to the doubters, which seems to be 90% of Canes "fans," that you are the baller our coaches know you are.

Not sure if that Paterno and Kelly as the LB story is really true...back in the '80's I spoke with a guy who happened to be from East Brady, the small town that was home to the Kellys. The real story, as I heard it, is that Kelly needed some "help" to get through his SAT. Once he got the stand-in, though, I don't know why he couldn't use it at PSU of that's where he really wanted to go.

Don't know if it's really true, or if I remember exactly what the guy told me....after all, I'm almost a hundred years old or so, been watching Hurricane football since 1927, was a big fan of Miami's own Seahawks, the first ever pro team in the city.

The public story is fine, though. The PSU wants LB story has been going strong for over thirty years. Why change it now? And Joe Paterno has never denied it, probably because it's hard to read with Jerry's **** covering your think eyeglasses. I know they never should have told the old guy, Mr. McGoo, to go check out what was going down in the shower. Jerry, jolted by the unexpected door opening behind him, whirls around at the most inopportune time!

Last edited:
This is how we found a kid like Big Mongo! Jon Feliciano. I remember he didnt have alot of stars when he was recruited, but he had the skills, just not the hype. I think this kid can be out of that same mold.

Advertisement
Back