#WelcometotheU Nigel Bethel

I will admit I was wrong about this. When NB pulled out of the announcement, I knew he was gone. Glad he stuck with his initial reaction. He is a playmaker that is growing on me fast. T Buck is a good comparison. I also admit that I wasnt very high on him initially but im not mad at this commit one bit. Esp seeing that Lammons looks to be leaning toward the Gators.

Advertisement
In response to the FSU obsession with height, they need players to match up with Coley, Griffin, and Langham. .

Advertisement
Tim Jennings is a 5 8 baller out there for my bears. A good corner is a good corner. Welcome to the U young man!

I pledge allegiance to the Swag,
Of the University of Miami Hurricanes,
And to the Canes,
For which we stand,
One nation, under God, Indivisible, with offense and defense to dominate.
GO CANES!!

Well here is an interview so you can hear it straight from Nigels mouth on why he committed to UM.

http://sfhighschoolsports.com/blog/homepage/recruiting-roundup-miami-commit-nigel-bethel-ii

Interesting comment in there. Bethel was explaining why he chose UM, and he said, "I'm a small CB, but Miami doesn't care about my height." Leads me to believe that there might be some validity in other schools being a little cool on him because he's so short.

Well, good thing Lannard isn't still the coach at UM

Advertisement
Wait a minute..Some of the best DBs in FSU history were 5'10 or shorter. (Obviously besides Deion) Clifton Abraham use to give Lamar Thomas and Horace Copeland FITS. Corey Sawyer too. Terrell Buckley. Tony Carter. Greg Reid. **** Lamarcus Joyner is 5'8 on his best day and he plays safety. Im not buying this whole they didnt want Nigel Bethel ESPECIALLY if they thought it would lock up Chad Thomas. (We know how much they love package deals)

152.jpg

A BTW commit. Well ****, just ****.......

Wait a minute..Some of the best DBs in FSU history were 5'10 or shorter. (Obviously besides Deion) Clifton Abraham use to give Lamar Thomas and Horace Copeland FITS. Corey Sawyer too. Terrell Buckley. Tony Carter. Greg Reid. **** Lamarcus Joyner is 5'8 on his best day and he plays safety. Im not buying this whole they didnt want Nigel Bethel ESPECIALLY if they thought it would lock up Chad Thomas. (We know how much they love package deals)

Doubt me all you want to but Pruitt is very particular about that. Right now he has a good shot at getting what he wants.

Advertisement

They have a new coach and a new scheme the only 5'9 CB they would take this year is Adoree Jackson. There is nothing wrong with getting a prospect FSU doesnt want since AL wants him and he works in Miami's system. As soon as Pruitt got to FSU they backed off D'Andre Payne because of his height , most have him rated higher than Nigel.

Advertisement
While I welcome this young man to The U, I feel the need to state that I see him as a bit of a head-scratcher. I personally do not see this kid as a BCS caliber player. Subpar height, below average speed for his position, average ball skills. I have to wonder if this was a political play on behalf of our staff. I would not be surprised if this kid doesnt end up at UM.

One man's opinion.

Welcome to the U, young Mister Bethel.

While I welcome this young man to The U, I feel the need to state that I see him as a bit of a head-scratcher. I personally do not see this kid as a BCS caliber player. Subpar height, below average speed for his position, average ball skills. I have to wonder if this was a political play on behalf of our staff. I would not be surprised if this kid doesnt end up at UM.

One man's opinion.

Welcome to the U, young Mister Bethel.

Hey there Stevie Wonder. I thought you were gonna boycott Florida bruh?

I personally do not see this kid as a BCS caliber player.below average speed for his position

huh???

just a few posts above that were talking about 21.13 200m speed. Is that below average??

U don't see him as a BCS caliber player, yet many BCS schools have offered him to play football??

I guess we will just have to see, wont we?

Advertisement
Back