Welcome To The U!!!!!

Advertisement
i neither like or dislike this 'commit'.....need to see more. Fils Aime looks like the must get target to me.

look at his film and tell us why you're on the fence about this kid

He has great film but he plays for Oxbridge. Most of that film is against very small Palm Beach County schools. I like the commit but
I want to see how he does against Royal Palm and Gulliver prep like mentioned earlier.

My only knock on Homer is the competition he plays against. He's an athletic freak with speed. I was one of the first to mention him a while back and that he would blow up.

Don't get it twisted. Bama and FSU were making moves to get this kid. He's going to get an eventual bump to at least a 4*

Homer is a legit 5'11" 195. Straight from the nike combine. Actual accurate measurements, not like recruiting sites.

I don't count Moss in this class anymore. I'm sure some of you know that.

Homer is the better prospect and it's not close.

Called it.

image.jpg

Advertisement
GUys, Homer is ranked 17 spots higher nationally than Fils-Aime by Scout. Anyway you slice it this is a big pickup. Some of y'all just can't say anything good bout these Canes.

The 4.03 shuttle shows up in his highlights. He has moves. Shows promise as a receiver and blocker, too.

Tough to get a true idea of his power and explosiveness against that level of competition. They play American Heritage, Gulliver and Royal Palm Beach this year so it will be interesting to watch how he does.

this. I like the Fils-Aime kid better. this guy looks good but nothing spectacular.

I like Fishbein as a person but I don't really side with his rankings every time. Fils-Aime #9 ? Come on man. What tape are you watching?

Last edited:
I'll say again. I like the pickup. He's a good one. My only question is because of the competition he plays but he's a freakish athlete. Wanna see how he does at The Opening in July and also as Dmoney mentioned against better competition this year. Kid runs a 4.0 shuttle, he ain't stiff. That's hard to do.

4.55 laser 40 time at this stage is great too, will be down in the 4.4 on laser time when he's in college. 40' power ball and a 37" vertical. He's very impressive and his film is impressive too. I don't see what there is not to like other than his competition.

Advertisement
Geo305, First off, I need a full breakdown playa about what happened at the tourney this weekend for those of us who were too lazy to get out of bed and go. lol. Much appreciated. (And I need that ASAP playa. Also, who won?)

Anyway to the masses, I don't see whats not to like about a kid that basically came out of nowhere, went to camps (my homeboy put me on him when he helped run the SPARQ camp at Alonzo Mourning HS on Valentines weekend. Said he stood out amongst all the kids), and earned an offer.

And since when did we turn down A+ athletes like this? He is immediately one of the top 2 athletes on our commit list. (With TByrd) .

And furthermore, NOBODY feels good about ZMoss (who I didn't understand us even accepting his commit in the first place) or Rasul. And I actually REALLY REALLY like Rasul. You don't turn away kids who are 6'0 200 with world class speed and go to HS in our backyard. (literally) But he is the typical "leave you hanging at the alter at the last minute" type of recruit. I don't trust anything he says.

Not saying Homer wouldnt flip but he already has legit offers and people keep talking about Fils-Aime but hes not on the board yet.

All that said, I love the pickup. I was excited when I saw it was him that caused the bat signal to go up. (and not some 2018 or 2019 recruit. I am getting tired of those. Too far to go.)

I'll say again. I like the pickup. He's a good one. My only question is because of the competition he plays but he's a freakish athlete. Wanna see how he does at The Opening in July and also as Dmoney mentioned against better competition this year. Kid runs a 4.0 shuttle, he ain't stiff. That's hard to do.

4.55 laser 40 time at this stage is great too, will be down in the 4.4 on laser time when he's in college. 40' power ball and a 37" vertical. He's very impressive and his film is impressive too. I don't see what there is not to like other than his competition.

And people keep throwing this competition stuff out there but no one is killing ARichards for going up against suspect comp. He is doing what hes supposed to do..dominate weak athletes.

And most of you don't know this but a lot of big time OOS recruits don't go up against the comp that So Fla kids go up against week in and week out. In fact, I would say less then 15% do. Most of these big time schools with high ranking athletes have 1-2 game schedules. The rest are cream puffs. (Like Bishop Gormon in Las Vegas)

But that doesn't stop the big dogs from going after them.

Jassid you are right. Which is why I said I wanna see how Homer does at The Opening. Ahmmon was playing very good yesterday at the Shootout as well.

I'm gonna give a run down of what I saw later today in a thread. Creek won, but STA and Carol City choked hard in the final 6. Southridge was making noise as well.

Geo305, First off, I need a full breakdown playa about what happened at the tourney this weekend for those of us who were too lazy to get out of bed and go. lol. Much appreciated. (And I need that ASAP playa. Also, who won?)

Anyway to the masses, I don't see whats not to like about a kid that basically came out of nowhere, went to camps (my homeboy put me on him when he helped run the SPARQ camp at Alonzo Mourning HS on Valentines weekend. Said he stood out amongst all the kids), and earned an offer.

And since when did we turn down A+ athletes like this? He is immediately one of the top 2 athletes on our commit list. (With TByrd) .

And furthermore, NOBODY feels good about ZMoss (who I didn't understand us even accepting his commit in the first place) or Rasul. And I actually REALLY REALLY like Rasul. You don't turn away kids who are 6'0 200 with world class speed and go to HS in our backyard. (literally) But he is the typical "leave you hanging at the alter at the last minute" type of recruit. I don't trust anything he says.

Not saying Homer wouldnt flip but he already has legit offers and people keep talking about Fils-Aime but hes not on the board yet.

All that said, I love the pickup. I was excited when I saw it was him that caused the bat signal to go up. (and not some 2018 or 2019 recruit. I am getting tired of those. Too far to go.)

I love Rasul's ceiling. Put me on the list of the few who believe he's waiting to see what Miami does this year and that will decide our fate with him. Lot of the Columbus kids who are close to Rasul don't think he's going anywhere.

A RB class of Fils-Aime, Homer and Rasul is A+ considering the fact Burnett who I like a lot wants to be a DB.

Best believe Fils-Aime coming. Byrd in his ear every day. They live together.

Rasul is a must keep. He hasn't even scratched his ceiling yet and he's still only 16 years old. He has a lot of room to grow as a player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great pick-up. Has the size & athleticism we're missing at RB. Looks like a good receiver, returner, and he played some defense so he's versatile.

My concern is he'll take contact, but he doesn't explode through contact. I'd like to see him hit top gear a little quicker and explode through some tacklers instead of jumping around them.

Film looks just like Matt Forte. Maybe grows another inch or two. Speed is questionable but it's not always about speed it's angles in football, why do y'all think f.gore has made it this far.

Jassid you are right. Which is why I said I wanna see how Homer does at The Opening. Ahmmon was playing very good yesterday at the Shootout as well.

I'm gonna give a run down of what I saw later today in a thread. Creek won, but STA and Carol City choked hard in the final 6. Southridge was making noise as well.

The competition part wasn't directed at you Geo. Just a general statement. I can understand why people would be hesitant but some guys on here have that one factor as the end all, be all. A stud is a stud no matter the competition. I didn't believe that until I saw Willie Williams dominate at Miami Pace then transfer to Carol City where the schedule was murderers row and dominated EVEN MORE!

Advertisement
People might think I'm joking when I say this, but if he wasn't light skin I think people would be more willing to accept his talent lol

Light Skin QB...cool
Light Skin WR...aight
Light Skin FS...bet

Light Skin RB...nah brah lol

i neither like or dislike this 'commit'.....need to see more. Fils Aime looks like the must get target to me.

look at his film and tell us why you're on the fence about this kid

He has great film but he plays for Oxbridge. Most of that film is against very small Palm Beach County schools. I like the commit but
I want to see how he does against Royal Palm and Gulliver prep like mentioned earlier.

people were worried about rashawn scott level of competition in high school and his soph year when he was actually healthy he played very well for us.

carlin fils-ame would make me extremely happy. this kid's talent is phenomenal. i think he has the best tape of all the rb's. plays the game at a different level of speed.

Advertisement
Back