WELCOME TO THE U

Yep supposed to be a sophomore and his older bro is 6,5. Hopefully has another growth spurt in him.

Advertisement
Kid is a baller but hi is not a DE...The avg OT in D1 is 6'5 310..If Josuha was 6'4 240 thrn he would be ab Undersizde DE...He is another line backer..in spring 2017 UM will have **** near 16 LBs and 8 DL...we need DTs...Not trying to knock any kids but we need to satisfy neefs not wants or nice to haves

4 Dts are graduating this year,Wyche.heurtelu,Kamalu and King.Not 1 single DT in the class as of tonight.

You guys know that we will lose 4-5 guys to decommits.. or we can just give him the Emonee spence, dennis turner treatment.

Advertisement
They are running a 3-4 defense which has 4 linebackers.

So it wont effect any of the other commits because they play different positions.

uche- rush OLB
mike- will WILB
shaq- mike MLB
zach- sam OLB
simmons- backup ILB both spots and can play sam.

So there is actually room for 2 more lbs, one being a pass rusher or hybrid.

So it wont effect any of the other commits because they play different positions.

uche- rush OLB
mike- will WILB
shaq- mike MLB
zach- sam OLB

I heard it could be as many as 6.. And i would not have respect for any of them that would come in a be happy with a back up roll...They all need to bust their *** and compete for the number one spot ...regardless

uche- rush OLB
mike- will WILB
shaq- mike MLB
zach- sam OLB

I heard it could be as many as 6.. And i would not have respect for any of them that would come in a be happy with a back up roll...They all need to bust their *** and compete for the number one spot ...regardless

Talked about this in another thread. Gotta disagree with you here bruh. There are really only 8 pure LBs going into 2016. Four of them will be Tr-Fr. (Your boy, Zach, Mike, Simmons) 2 will be Jrs. (Young, Owens), Grace will be a SR.. and one will be a Tr-So. (Perry)

I am not buying this whole scheme change BS so going into that 2016...I see our starting LBs being..Owens-Shaq-Young-Grace..AQM will be the Jack if he doesn't leave early. Zach and MPinkney will be in the two deep. DGil, Simmons and Uche will redshirt. Mike Smith and Gayot will figure in there somewhere I guess but again, they are not pure LBs.

Now I agree we should be officially closing up shop now at this position, but we sorely needed LBs. We have scary depth at that position. And I grew tired of recruiting guys and just throwing them at LB like you can just teach someone that position with no problem. (Like they are doing Tyriq and Mike Smith) I want guys are have been playing LB there whole life **** near. Its in them and they have the natural tools for the position.

uche- rush OLB
mike- will WILB
shaq- mike MLB
zach- sam OLB

i'm sorry if you've already answered with but does the amount of LBs that we bring have a negative effect on your son's decision on where to go to school?

Advertisement
An edge LB recruit with speed like this might actually work in our defensive scheme (as stupid as it is) and people are *****ing about the kid being undersized???? WTF?

Ted Hendricks according to 1966 roster was 6'7" and a skinny 220 lbs. Comments here indicate that many here would complain about the offer.

[calmly awaiting "times have changed" baloney]

It's not baloney. I'm Hendricks' age. Have friends who played with him at the U, including his roommate. Hendricks was one of the most dominant guys I ever saw play on defense, but there's no way he could dominate and take over a game from DE now the way he did back then. Ted is one of the few guys I know who played then who could play now. A big OL or DT back then was 235, maybe a few were as big as 250. Guys were so much slower.

One thing we did have were three WRs who averaged over 215, as I recall: Steve Smith, Larry LaPointe, and one other guy. Why our receivers were so big, I don't know. They weren't all that fast.

If he's 6'3" now, I wouldn't worry about him. He's got the two key ingredients, including those you can't change that much: height and speed. Unless he's got a very skinny frame, I wouldn't worry about weight. If he were 6 even, I would wonder.

Advertisement
Whata stars mean really. Fsu gets a commit from a kid with no offers and no stars and he shoots up to a 4 star the next time they put up the rankings lol

Folden is prepping the gravy IV as we speak. This dude will be 250 before you know it.

Can't even get mad at Golden anymore, everyone knows what he brings to the table. Every coach has his own philosophy and Golden's sticks with his and so the fingers need to point at the administration. I will say this, I look at players like Uche and think of the great talent that will always be in the area. If it clicks for the right coach and he knows how to evaluate talent and play fast and aggressive scheme and win games in an exciting and dominating form, Miami will rise again. IMO we are only coach and philosophy away from getting back on top.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back