Welcome to the U? (Ray Lewis III)

RL3 has the heart that is for sure. The challenge will be he has played against "boys" that dont know how to play football, they play to get a Varsity letter to add to there High School resume for College. Ray is slow but knows the field inside and out. His biggest issue will be how he recoevered from the surgery he had this spring on his wrist and can he stay healthy once he gets hit by a man. At his current school he gets hit by kids that weigh 120-140 pounds...not by men that are 200+ pounds and are trained hitmen. He would be smart to graduate in december and enroll at The U in January so he can start training with and watching real football players.

Advertisement
BTW...if you are curious as to the kind of team RL3 plays on (Lake Mary Prep)....they are 2A (laughable), The 20 players on the roster for the upcoming season...3 sophmores, 6 Freshman and an 8th grader! The other 10 are Juniors and seniors.

Pretty silly and ignorant IMHO to make some of the assumptions I have been reading here. Who says we took the kid as a favor to Lewis?

Maybe we took the kid because we think he can help us win games, and because, just like his dad, who makes up 50% of his DNA, he is a bit of an undersized, but athletic sleeper from Central Florida.

Dad ended up being possibly the best Cane ever. If JR is half as good, it will have been a great get.

Al Golden is certainly invested in making the team as good as he can. Maybe you guys should give him a chance.

Last edited:
people here were jizzing at the thought (however small it was) about Kelvin Taylor who plays an equal, if not worse level of talent. He might be an inch or 2 taller and 10lbs heavier at this point

people here were jizzing at the thought (however small it was) about Kelvin Taylor who plays an equal, if not worse level of talent. He might be an inch or 2 taller and 10lbs heavier at this point

people who follow recruiting were not jizzing over Kelvin Taylor

Rashawn Scott played a poor level of competition in high school and nobody minded his pickup.

This is all about the kid. RL3 should be playing at Villanova or Penn St, not Miami.

Advertisement
Pretty silly and ignorant IMHO to make some of the assumptions I have been reading here. Who says we took the kid as a favor to Lewis?

Maybe we took the kid because we think he can help us win games, and because, just like his dad, who makes up 50% of his DNA, he is a bit of an undersized, but athletic sleeper from Central Florida.

Dad ended up being possibly the best Cane ever. If JR is half as good, it will have been a great get.

Al Golden is certainly invested in making the team as good as he can. Maybe you guys should give him a chance.

Lmfao you can't be serious about that question.

Absolutely serious. You're making assumptions when you are uniformed.

You really think Golden was going tell the kid no with Ray Sr. in the room as well? Man please.

Advertisement
Hopefully, he ends up as the 21st kid in this class after an extra schollie is unexpectedly freed up from the existing pool of JAGs.

Advertisement

while I dont know AG's master plan and I am torn by the fact that the kid is Ray's son, I've seen his tapes and it is pretty obvious to my amateur (but experienced) eye that the kid is a borderline D1 talent. he is certainly not a RB at Miami. no ******* way. unless he morphs over the next year into something he is not right now

I am not going to come on here and ***** and moan about the commitment but I understand the concerns. very similar to AJ Highsmith really

RL3 has the heart that is for sure. The challenge will be he has played against "boys" that dont know how to play football, they play to get a Varsity letter to add to there High School resume for College. Ray is slow but knows the field inside and out. His biggest issue will be how he recoevered from the surgery he had this spring on his wrist and can he stay healthy once he gets hit by a man. At his current school he gets hit by kids that weigh 120-140 pounds...not by men that are 200+ pounds and are trained hitmen. He would be smart to graduate in december and enroll at The U in January so he can start training with and watching real football players.

Cannot get anymore real than his dad. What football players are more real than Ray Lewis? Line them up and Ray would eat anybody up on the U right now.

Advertisement
Back