Welcom to the Al Golden era....

Advertisement
The game is slowing down for our guys. Good sign. I've heard football geniuses talk about the game slowing down as a good thing, yet you guys still can't be happy. Bunch of miserable old birds.

Yea! "the game slowing down not the players" you football illiterate! Why should we be happy with a slower team when the fastest players in the nation at out backdoor? Phillip Dorsett didn't get drafted because of his blazing 4.5 40yrd dash! It because of his 4.29/4.3 times. Dude you really need to learn the game, try "Football for Mothers" for starters.

If you insist on continuing to attack me I will post those pictures of us heterosexually making out at underwear night at The Cubby Hole.

The game is slowing down for our guys. Good sign. I've heard football geniuses talk about the game slowing down as a good thing, yet you guys still can't be happy. Bunch of miserable old birds.

Yea! "the game slowing down not the players" you football illiterate! Why should we be happy with a slower team when the fastest players in the nation at out backdoor? Phillip Dorsett didn't get drafted because of his blazing 4.5 40yrd dash! It because of his 4.29/4.3 times. Dude you really need to learn the game, try "Football for Mothers" for starters.

If you insist on continuing to attack me I will post those pictures of us heterosexually making out at underwear night at The Cubby Hole.

Don't show those again.

Things once seen cannot be unseen.

AL is a Division 2 OL coach. He can put weight on the 260lb kid who sucks, and then talk about how much he has progressed in four years now that he is 290lbs. Whatever.

Advertisement
Every year this happens. They release the first pre-summer workout numbers, then after its over they release a new set and you see guys putting up better numbers.

Nah I believe the numbers... We look slow... I remember in 2012 at the NFL combine we had like 3 of the top 5 40 times... If it wasn't for PD this year we would not have been mentioned at all... Our team has gotten significantly slower and Golden has made a priority of getting size over speed...

Gotta agree with that. Golden entire football mindset comes from slow teams trying to find a way to be us and noles. He is clueless as to what to do with speed and really has no use for it. I remember JJ complaining that we didn't have enough speed when he got here after Howard. Golden's first thoughts were about beefing the team up.

I remember the days when all our lbs and some d-line ran 4.5s

Outside backers were usually under 4.5. That was MLB speed in the day. We always put best on D and then moved them toward line of scrimmage: DBs to LBs, LBs to DEs. Even the DT had very quick feet and some very nice 40 times.

This makes perfect sense with his defensive scheme. You want fast DEs and LBs to cover slot receivers. And if our CBs will be rushing the QB and tackling in the box, then bulking them up 20 lbs is more important than sub-4.5 speed.

TOS released weight room and pre season testing numbers....

4 kids on the entire roster that run under 4.5

Only one offensive player.

Never thought I would see the day.......

Golden has created a soft slow football team that can't run his complex schemes.

Running Fast Is Overrated. When players run too fast they miss or drop their Pillars and Core Values. We're all about Pillars and Core Values at Miami.

Sincerely,

Al Golden

Advertisement
Still waiting for one of Golden's archetypal big, slow, stiff WRs to do something on the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back