Weird Vibes

I personally think he’s gone. It’s the AD issue that’s keeping him safe for right now. It’ll be a blood path in tickets sales if he returns. If the reported rumors are true of a total overhaul of athletics Manny is going to probably get canned after the Duke game. There is no tenable way forward with Manny as HC.

Advertisement
After 20 years it is hard to believe anything will go right.

I'm not sure why anyone would think this Admin will do anything other than what they have done over the years.

There are BOT members that are personally connected to Manny Diaz Sr. and out of respect they are going to let Manny Jr. finish out the season. The Admin & BOT also realize that the media exposure will be minimal if they wait until the season has ended.

Signed,

Peruche

Last edited:
Advertisement
They’re clearly doing all they can to keep him another year. I am expecting them to keep him. If that’s the case, I’ll no longer support the program and will find another team to follow. Y’all should do the same. Don’t get your hopes up, they’re looking to play us.

Just look at this dumb former players meeting. I’m looking at the wording they are using to describe the meeting. “Positive” “constructive” “support” “vision”, and explicitly stating they won’t be calling for firings.., what? Wtf type of liberal bs is the school on? This coach sucks.

I don’t trust the former players. Vilma wants Charlie Strong? Lmao, a joke.
Poverty Stricken Program dawg. Hate to see it.

Call me crazy, but here’s how I see it (only rational explanation I can think of). If they are all in on Mario, and they have reached out through back channels, are willing to meet his demands, and have the answer they want (or at least are still working it out), then it is possible Mario or his people have told them to not do anything right now. Why? Because the second MD gets **** canned the ONLY thing Mario will be asked about going forward will be if he is leaving for Coral Gables. The dude is on the verge of making the playoffs and certainly does not want our **** show to distract him and his players from that. And believe me, unless he were to come out and say “I am 100% not taking the Miami job. I 100% will be back at Oregon”, it would be a huge distraction and that dude is not going to be ok with that. Like I said, maybe I’m crazy.

Advertisement
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe Miami has the balls to let both Flake and Manure go at the same time—so I can sadly see James being the sacrificial lamb this season, with Diaz given a lame duck 2022 season, where if he doesn't deliver, the new AD will be in position to hire a new head coach.

The incompetence at UM; to think of no AD and no head coach in place in a matter of weeks—and some mad scramble to hire someone for each position—good luck with that. Hecht would crumble under the pressure.
Purely my speculation but I think they’d move on from James and hire a new AD at the same time. Manny personally axed Alonzo being the Chief of Staff but now he’s on the sidelines during games? Something tells me Alonzo is the guy in charge of football operations at a minimum when the season ends. Maybe not full blown AD but it just seems like he’s super close to the program all of the sudden. If everything that has been reported is true, about Frenk and his new power structure, I’d imagine they are going to try and make this a smooth as possible. Especially since ESPN make a mockery of the transition if they bungle. Again this is just my opinion. Seems like they are taking a deliberate approach, while also knowing what the end goal is.

Call me crazy, but here’s how I see it (only rational explanation I can think of). If they are all in on Mario, and they have reached out through back channels, are willing to meet his demands, and have the answer they want (or at least are still working it out), then it is possible Mario or his people have told them to not do anything right now. Why? Because the second MD gets **** canned the ONLY thing Mario will be asked about going forward will be if he is leaving for Coral Gables. The dude is on the verge of making the playoffs and certainly does not want our **** show to distract him and his players from that. And believe me, unless he were to come out and say “I am 100% not taking the Miami job. I 100% will be back at Oregon”, it would be a huge distraction and that dude is not going to be ok with that. Like I said, maybe I’m crazy.
I like this thought.

Advertisement
The BOT and admin don't care about athletics (minus a few) but they do care about getting embarrassed. Keeping Manny would cause them a lot more embarrassment, so i think they'll do the right thing but for the wrong reasons.
15K in the stadium on Saturday does not help either. My son is staying for the game and flies out Sunday. He sits in our club seats. Other than the band I'd suspect maybe 100 students tops.

The only way he's not fired is if they fire Blake and take their sweet time replacing him. A new AD won't be doing a head coaching search unless he's hired right away.

This is all a possibility but unlikely.

Advertisement
He wins the next 2, he'll be back. That's a prediction.
LoL, they know they will lose north of 10K season ticketholders in that scenario. I know 2 seats for sure.

They may have announced 3200 for Canisius and 2900 for UCF but there was no more than 1k in the seats. Basketball is in the toilet, too.

Advertisement
Back