Weird Vibes

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't believe Miami has the balls to let both Flake and Manure go at the same time—so I can sadly see James being the sacrificial lamb this season, with Diaz given a lame duck 2022 season, where if he doesn't deliver, the new AD will be in position to hire a new head coach.

The incompetence at UM; to think of no AD and no head coach in place in a matter of weeks—and some mad scramble to hire someone for each position—good luck with that. Hecht would crumble under the pressure.
I think they’re further along than this scenario assumes.

Advertisement
15K in the stadium on Saturday does not help either. My son is staying for the game and flies out Sunday. He sits in our club seats. Other than the band I'd suspect maybe 100 students tops.
You could tarp the entire upper deck, tarp the endzones, tarp those eyesore couch seats, and we still wouldn't have enough fans to fill in the seats on Saturday.

I get the feeling that Manny will be here next year, am I the only idiot? I mean if you look at how our program runs things we fire guys on the weekend no matter who the AD is and yet Manny survived lol Danny Miaz didn’t look in the slightest bit concerned in his press conference today bruh.
He’s acting as if his job isn’t in jeopardy. If I had to bet, he has this program by the balls and he’s not letting go until he is ready. What do you guys think?
GO CANES
People here that would know say Manny and Blake are gone. I believe them.....but with this University until it actually happens you never know.

Advertisement
I think they’re further along than this scenario assumes.
I am willing to bet that Highsmith is part of the solution. You rarely if ever heard from him and he made appearances after appearances in the media and showed up for what reason at the Georgia Tech game? He also posted he is really impressed with TVD.

Advertisement
Call me crazy, but here’s how I see it (only rational explanation I can think of). If they are all in on Mario, and they have reached out through back channels, are willing to meet his demands, and have the answer they want (or at least are still working it out), then it is possible Mario or his people have told them to not do anything right now. Why? Because the second MD gets **** canned the ONLY thing Mario will be asked about going forward will be if he is leaving for Coral Gables. The dude is on the verge of making the playoffs and certainly does not want our **** show to distract him and his players from that. And believe me, unless he were to come out and say “I am 100% not taking the Miami job. I 100% will be back at Oregon”, it would be a huge distraction and that dude is not going to be ok with that. Like I said, maybe I’m crazy.
All in on one candidate. It's the Miami thing to do, smh.

He wins the next 2, he'll be back. That's a prediction.
Beating 2 coaches that are going to get fired themselves is gonna save his job?

Of course Cutcliffe is going to say he's 'retiring' but he's getting fired. Fuente is probably getting fired regardless but if he loses to Manny he'll be fired before he makes it back to his house.

Advertisement
I think deep down we know they are both dead but the PTSD of the last 20 years both on and off the field, continues to scar us
I think the outcry is too loud to keep either Diaz or Blake going forward. Where I'm most unsure though is that Miami will make a big move with their next hires; a move that puts them squarely in upper echelon of college programs. The real decision makers have always made small-time hires, apart from when Richt basically fell in their laps but had nothing left in the tank. I'm absolutely not convinced that those with the real control are actually committed to winning. Until they show otherwise I'll be convinced they only want the appearance of being committed to it. They know the fanbase demands that dedication, so they string along a series of coaches that they can portray to be that type of hire. Their best weapon is the idea that we need a "Miami guy", which almost always ends up being a cheaper hire. Because, you know, winning at Miami is so different and these guys who win everywhere else just wouldn't be the right guy. Manny and Blake have blown their cover. They can no longer sell the idea that those guys are the right "Miami guys" to win here, so they'll likely be replaced by other cheap hires who have yet to prove that they too aren't able to win more with less.

Hope I'm wrong, but a truly big hire after Manny would honestly surprise me.

Advertisement
I get the feeling that Manny will be here next year, am I the only idiot? I mean if you look at how our program runs things we fire guys on the weekend no matter who the AD is and yet Manny survived lol Danny Miaz didn’t look in the slightest bit concerned in his press conference today bruh.
He’s acting as if his job isn’t in jeopardy. If I had to bet, he has this program by the balls and he’s not letting go until he is ready. What do you guys think?
GO CANES
Your spider sense is tingling for a reason friend.

Emotionally prepare yourself.

Call me crazy, but here’s how I see it (only rational explanation I can think of). If they are all in on Mario, and they have reached out through back channels, are willing to meet his demands, and have the answer they want (or at least are still working it out), then it is possible Mario or his people have told them to not do anything right now. Why? Because the second MD gets **** canned the ONLY thing Mario will be asked about going forward will be if he is leaving for Coral Gables. The dude is on the verge of making the playoffs and certainly does not want our **** show to distract him and his players from that. And believe me, unless he were to come out and say “I am 100% not taking the Miami job. I 100% will be back at Oregon”, it would be a huge distraction and that dude is not going to be ok with that. Like I said, maybe I’m crazy.
This is a pretty rational response. You should get a prize of some sort.

I am not, like you, saying this is what is happening but it is rational and you need to be commended.

I just hope "someone" inside UM or with the decision making ability knows what they are doing.. Based on the last 20years, they will be the slowest to fire Manny and Blake... the slowest to open the searches... Fans will be melting down the entire time because other schools will appear to have their sh*t together and be making moves...

praying things are already in the works, and back door convos are happening with both AD and coach search...

Pure speculation here. Both Manny and Blake James are done. Manny is pure politician though and knows how to put that front up. Right or wrong seems that UM is going to let the season play out before it makes any announcement. Blake James is invisible right now and that is very telling.

Worst case scenario is the new AD evaluates Diaz and kicks him to the curb. I don't see any way that dude is on the sidelines next year. If he is we're f*cked, fold the program.
I was just thinking this.

Manny is doing a good job of putting up a good face about his fate.

Advertisement
Back