Weird seeing the final 4 locked in this early

They got punched in the mouth by a higher ranked team and came back to get within a TD. If it were anybody but bama everyone would be impressed with that and admit that was a very close game in the end.

But it's bama and they finally lost, so f it they suck. They weren't even close, they blow donkeys and should be ranked #17.

I'm real ****ed that you aholes can't admit that was a close game and now I have to defend bama. Fcking bama of all things.

Just try to avoid hyperbole and this might work better for you. People are saying they should be #6, not #17. When you have to exaggerate, it usually means that you didn't have much of a point.

Advertisement
Bama wins out and they’re in. Now they don’t even have to play in the SEC title game. Their path is probably easier now than it was yesterday. Horrible, but true.
It would be a sham if Bama makes the playoffs without playing their conference game.

Advertisement
Alabama has won 2 national titles in the past 8 years without playing in the SECCG. This isn't anything new.
I guess I’m assuming all the teams in the CFP will be undefeated. Then that way I can’t see Bama making it in over an undefeated team.

Just try to avoid hyperbole and this might work better for you. People are saying they should be #6, not #17. When you have to exaggerate, it usually means that you didn't have much of a point.

And you could try looking at the list I replied to, homeboy had bama #10. So yeah, #17 is hyperbole, but my point stands. I don't think there's any way bama drops below like #6, and certainly not to #10. If they drop that far I'll be right back here to say I was wrong, but nothing in the last 10 years leads me to believe that bama losing to LSU can possibly hurt them that badly.

Some folks in here need to read the playoff selection criteria again. Way too much talk about a 1 loss team vs undefeated, conference champions and non conference champions.

Get it through your skulls, it is 99% eye test, 1% tie breaker using quality wins and conference titles.

Advertisement
I'm really sick of the "eye test" stuff. I mean lets just give the Astros the World Series. Eye test wise they were the best team in baseball, until they weren't over 2 weeks.

Let's give Georgetown and Houston a national championship in basketball. Everyone knew Villanova and NC State had no chance.

Every other division of football seems to function just fine with a 16 team playoff, and those kids actually have to go to class. Blow up the stupid bowl system and do a real playoff with teams getting an extra home game. Or have 7-6 teams go to who knows where if they still want to, no one watches those game anyway.

No one bats an eye when basketball players miss basically the whole month of March to play in the tourney.

I know this isn't an Alabama support forum, but man, if I see one more talking head slotting this Alabama team at like 4, 5, 6...I'm gonna rage.

This team's best wins right now are over DUKE and Texas A&M. By season's end, the best win will be at 8-4 Auburn.

There are numerous teams that are more deserving of a slot in the playoffs over Alabama.

Back of the fvckin bus.

I'm really sick of the "eye test" stuff. I mean lets just give the Astros the World Series. Eye test wise they were the best team in baseball, until they weren't over 2 weeks.

Let's give Georgetown and Houston a national championship in basketball. Everyone knew Villanova and NC State had no chance.

Every other division of football seems to function just fine with a 16 team playoff, and those kids actually have to go to class. Blow up the stupid bowl system and do a real playoff with teams getting an extra home game. Or have 7-6 teams go to who knows where if they still want to, no one watches those game anyway.

No one bats an eye when basketball players miss basically the whole month of March to play in the tourney.

Very few players play basketball for the entire month of March. In fact, 75% of the field is away from school for one weekend.

Advertisement
Bama #5. Not low enough imo but they shouldnt be in the top4. You dont get a spot in your conference championship game—what business do you have in the CFP.

Fraud.

Minnesota at least has a quality win, which was last weekend. Alabama’s only quality win is Texas A&M , which was not considered a quality win for Clemson.

Advertisement
Bama #5. Not low enough imo but they shouldnt be in the top4. You dont get a spot in your conference championship game—what business do you have in the CFP.

I think the committee made a resounding statement by putting Alabama at #5. That's their ceiling unless some people start losing.

An expansion to 8 would be the worst thing to ever happen to college football.

Four is perfect and history makes that clear. Eight neuters the best regular season in sports, adds more undeserving teams and only shifts the argument to the 8-10 spots.
You started it. I gave you a way to solve the horrid argument that a non conference champ team shouldnt get in.

The committee should try again. No idea how some teams are graded on “well they’re bama they’re good” but others are “they haven’t looked good this year”.
Rankings desperately need to be who has done what this year totally separate of what talent they may or may not have

Advertisement
Back