Weight differences on the offensive line.

Advertisement
This one of those games where we need Ford to really show why he came back for a 6th year. This is the game where we need him the most. This is a grown men only type game. I like going into this game with DeJohn-Ford-Silvera...3 guys who have 4+ years of exp and are grown men. This is a huge game for Silvera too. He was a top 5 DT in the country when he came out. So he was no slouch either.

I like having Simpson coaching our DL in a game like this. Last time we faced a OL that had alot of hype and supreme talent was ND in 2017 and Simpson had our guys looking like the UM DL from 1989 that night!
Actually Kuligowski was d line coach for that 2017 ND game, Simpson was here in 2018.

I'm not worried about our weight on the OL. I'm worried about our athleticism and intelligence.

Everybody always talks about the same cliches when talking O-line. Nobody ever talks about an OL's ability to pick-up schemes, stunts, etc...when to chip and go to the second level, etc. These are things that are OL is TERRIBLE at! We might have the dumbest OL I've seen at Miami in a long time.

Clemson game. 4th & 1 and instead of our Left Guard going to the LB, he's helping the Left Tackle with a guy that was completely handled. Leaves the LB completely unblocked to drill our RB for a failed conversion.

Even during the spring game - on that outside run where Rooster got tackled by Keontra, our RT had NOBODY TO BLOCK and instead of going to the next level to block Keontra, he blocks down and helps the Right Guard with a DT that was handled and had NO CHANCE at making a play on the RB whatsoever.

We need to get SMARTER on the O-line and more athletic....not bigger.
Agreed 10,000,000%

This one of those games where we need Ford to really show why he came back for a 6th year. This is the game where we need him the most. This is a grown men only type game. I like going into this game with DeJohn-Ford-Silvera...3 guys who have 4+ years of exp and are grown men. This is a huge game for Silvera too. He was a top 5 DT in the country when he came out. So he was no slouch either.

I like having Simpson coaching our DL in a game like this. Last time we faced a OL that had alot of hype and supreme talent was ND in 2017 and Simpson had our guys looking like the UM DL from 1989 that night!

I don't think Ford ever redshirted as a freshmans. This should be his 5th year

Advertisement
Back