Weekend Visits

Bourque has bounced around on commitments 2-3 times already. TAMU, LSU, and now Tennessee is supposedly on the brink of a decommitment.

Young man is hella confused about life.

Not really, IMHO. He's an exception to the rule in that at least he had a REASON to bounce each time!

Advertisement
We have a decent chance with both, better than conventional wisdom.

By both, I assume you mean Avery Young? His recruitment has been just quiet enough to make me feel confident. It wouldnt be a left field commit like Grimble last year, but I would put it at about the same as far as impact.

We have a decent chance with both, better than conventional wisdom.

By both, I assume you mean Avery Young? His recruitment has been just quiet enough to make me feel confident. It wouldnt be a left field commit like Grimble last year, but I would put it at about the same as far as impact.

I'm not one to overreact to interviews and I take everything with a grain of salt..but..

I was just listening to ESPN radio 760 in WPB and they have a "round table" type interview and Avery's HS coach was on it. He voluntarily mentioned Miami several times. Specifically he said that "SEC schools hadn't seen Miami as a threat, yet" as a response to "mudslinging" that occurs during recruiting inferring that other schools haven't used Miami's looming sanctions against them, that he knows of at least. He also said something to the effect of "if you are considering schools (x,y,z) and then Miami comes out of nowhere with their recruitment and offer" as a response to the radio host asking if he'd give kids (Avery) advise during their recruitment if they asked him. When asked generally about Avery's recruitment he said that Avery and specifically his family have been mostly concerned with academics and Avery finishing his degree.

Anybody know if his parents are visiting with him?

I just found it interdasting that his coach mentioned us specifically several times.

Last edited:
Good stuff man.

Early on we were definitely one of the schools that was in the hunt for him, however everyone assumed he was a Gator. It was a bit similar to Jernigan last year with FSU in place of us. He kept his recruitment quiet all while people called him a Gator, and then he commits to FSU.

I am just getting that same feeling in this case, just a little bit.

Advertisement
Young has said in his interviews that we're way outside, but he's also said that's because he doesn't know very much about us. It sounds like he knows what he wants in a school.

Young has said in his interviews that we're way outside, but he's also said that's because he doesn't know very much about us. It sounds like he knows what he wants in a school.

He'll find out if we offer enough of what he wants this weekend

Clearly playing the politician to keep the Gator fans happy.

/I kid

/maybe

Advertisement

Clearly playing the politician to keep the Gator fans happy.

/I kid

/maybe

I *think* he is UGA, not Croc.

Interesting. I havent followed him much since the summer. I have enough trouble wrapping my mind around the stuff that goes on with our own guys.

UGA would he getting two of Floridas best linemen if that was the case. Pretty impressive.

UGA i don't think he is really considering Miami and is only doing this visit for his dad. But you never know once a 18 year old kid visits officially.

Advertisement
uga for Young...

apparently he fell in love n visit..and was already interested...

his brop was in the nfl ..and got recruited big time...matter of fact he is with the Detroit Lions...so he isnt "new" to recruiting.

Apparently we have ALWAYS been on him..and it has paid off abit that he actually is giving a shot..(im thinking because of our persistence)...if Uga gets him they really did a good job at ol..and that is with Lame duck do nothing Mark Richt as coach.

Flowers/Gadbois/Isadora/Young would be a SICK class.

Advertisement
So we have two big ones on campus this weekend. Borque and Avery Young. I didnt realize that Borque has been committed to 3 different schools so far (A&M, LSU, Tenn) so hopefully he makes another switch. Seems 50/50 at best.

McCord rescheduled his visit to USC till next weekend because his mom is sick.

Northrup is visiting FSU
. I know how my boy Duval feels but this is a close one.

Hopefully the coaching staff paid him a visit Wednesday or Thursday .

Last edited:
why isn't he going to LSU?

There are whispers that he's afraid of competition, and wants assurances of early PT. Also his dad said something about him functioning best out of the I, and not in spread gun sets. (May have been talking about Nebraska.).
Lol it would have nothing to do with the fact that they have 3 sophomores and 1 freshman that ran for almost 500 yards each . Yea good luck getting a lot of burn playing in that back field

Advertisement
Back