Week 5 Stat Roll

Couldn't agree more. The scheme we showed against A&M was night and day to what we did against Temple. I expect to see much more creativity and pre-snap movement against Maye next week than we did against Temple.
Feels like both coordinators have held back a bit

Dawson just hasn’t needed to show much where Guidry is definitely being hampered by not having arguably 3 of our most important pieces

Mesidor is such a critical piece to our DL and allows others to flow behind him I still can’t believe how we played against A&M without him and Deen

Advertisement
Couldn't agree more. The scheme we showed against A&M was night and day to what we did against Temple. I expect to see much more creativity and pre-snap movement against Maye next week than we did against Temple.
Someone will test the rules of our defense, their is stuff on film that can be exploited. We will make adjustments but there is certain stuff that are just our principles.

Teams have found ways to create mismatches it’s just they haven’t been talented or well coached enough to counter our counter acc play is a step up in competition plus weeks of film on us. I think we’ll be good but just minor concerns as of now

Advertisement
Edited for pass/rush defense there now

And the overall chart is there with offense on one axis and defense on the other.

There is ONE team with a better offense AND defense than Miami.

Oklahoma. That’s it.

5 teams have better offenses.
17 teams have better defenses.

Only 1 has both a better offense and defense.

Simply incredible, given what we saw last year. Even with it only being 4 games. Keep it rolling this week!

Coaching and qb is better but talent is meh they lack athletes

That coaching staff snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against OSU and almost did the same last week against Duke. The coaching is Manny Diaz level with better talent.

That coaching staff snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against OSU and almost did the same last week against Duke. The coaching is Manny Diaz level with better talent.
Just talking about the offense lol but nah they are actually well coached overall imo. That ten man on the field **** is crazy tho

Advertisement

Analytics guy thinks were playoff rankings to come out today, we’d be 4th.

I know we are splitting hairs at this point but just not sure what kind of model doesn’t include Oklahoma in their top group?

OSU looked pretty average against **** teams before Notre Dame. Kinda weird but everyone has a model these days I suppose 😂

Advertisement
Pretty sure we are top 10 on offensive and defensive efficiency. I know this is reductive af, but if you score when you have the football and make it hard for your opponent to score…well 😎

More of a crawl but I'll allow it.
Rushing Weekend At Bernies GIF by Laff

I know we are splitting hairs at this point but just not sure what kind of model doesn’t include Oklahoma in their top group?

OSU looked pretty average against **** teams before Notre Dame. Kinda weird but everyone has a model these days I suppose 😂

I think they only really have 1 good win. The models do love them, and they are playing great, so I would suspect they wouldn't be far behind the Top 4, if at all. But they only have 1 decent win, and it's SMU.

Arkansas St, Tulsa, Cincy, and Iowa State are all pretty down this year. All those teams have multiple losses. Iowa State is 2-3 and lost to Ohio. Cincy is 2-3 and lost to Miami (OH). But OU has won all 5 games by 14+ points, I could see an argument for them. I just don't think they have a better resume than those top 4.

Advertisement
I think they only really have 1 good win. The models do love them, and they are playing great, so I would suspect they wouldn't be far behind the Top 4, if at all. But they only have 1 decent win, and it's SMU.

Arkansas St, Tulsa, Cincy, and Iowa State are all pretty down this year. All those teams have multiple losses. Iowa State is 2-3 and lost to Ohio. Cincy is 2-3 and lost to Miami (OH). But OU has won all 5 games by 14+ points, I could see an argument for them. I just don't think they have a better resume than those top 4.
Gotcha. Fair enough. To your point it’s all gonna shake out as we proceed anyway so it won’t be long before a lot of questions are answered. College football has a tendency of usually course correcting itself. I’m sure people that haven’t been watching us are critiquing our résumé as well, heck even our fans do it haha

Small aside is that we will hopefully get a game that has no rain or lightning delay. This should help our offense. The one dry game we played TVD went off

[BGCOLOR=initial]Miami Hurricanes (4-0)[/BGCOLOR]
SP+ and FPI rankings: 12th and 15th

SP+ strength of schedule to date: 67th

What the Hurricanes did in Week 5: Idle

Last week's ranking: 11

Biggest statistical strength: A weakness-free offense. Texas A&M is currently fourth in defensive SP+, and the Hurricanes hung 48 points on the Aggies. They've averaged at least 8.0 yards per play in every game. They're 13th in rushing success rate, seventh passing. They're 11th in marginal explosiveness. After last year's wretched showing (100th in offensive SP+), they still bear the burden of proof, but Miami's offense has been utterly brilliant so far.

Biggest statistical weakness: They give you third-and-manageables. Opponents are averaging 7.0 yards to go on third downs, 79th nationally, and they're converting 39% (65th). A particularly efficient opponent could play keep-away with the Miami offense.

Next big test: Week 7 vs. North Carolina.

Advertisement
Back