Weak OL play

Canething

Junior
What I thought would be a strength is really a weakness. This unit has a long way to go if this team is going to have a winning season. Not impressed with Kehoe's group. Under performing big time!!!

Advertisement
New players, new attitudes...Kehoe is probably stuck in his old ways of coaching and these new players are not responding to it like the older guys he have coached

Never should have brought Kehoe back

It just keeps ringing in my head everytime I see our O line play. As is so often the case in life - the best barometer of value is the free marketplace. Kehoe would be either unemployed or coaching at the juco level if it werent for Golden extending the offer.

Im extremely concerned. There seems to be too much talent in the O line group for them to be this far below average.

Advertisement
Agree 100% about Kehoe. I'm gonna have to trust Golden on this, but this hire is working about as well as I thought it would. Hopefully, we'll see an improvement when we have all of our starters back. The depth looks suspect at best. Gotta keep reminding myself that it's only spring

Golden is going to face a very uncomfortable decision with Kehoe if this keeps up.

He may have to make a special position for him such an ambassador position and send him off on public relations junkets.

OL looks horrific.

I didnt want Kehoe back either but I am blaming the players on this one. It isnt all the **** coach's fault.

Last years spring offensive performance was an accurate reflection of the real season.

I don't think that wil be the case this year as we have to rely on so many incoming freshmen.

Advertisement
Last years spring offensive performance was an accurate reflection of the real season.

I don't think that wil be the case this year as we have to rely on so many incoming freshmen.

Agreed. Its not just optimism to say we have quite a few impact players arriving this summer, but also a ton of depth.

Advertisement
Never should have brought Kehoe back

It just keeps ringing in my head everytime I see our O line play. As is so often the case in life - the best barometer of value is the free marketplace. Kehoe would be either unemployed or coaching at the juco level if it werent for Golden extending the offer.

Im extremely concerned. There seems to be too much talent in the O line group for them to be this far below average.

But why then would/did Golden bring him back? Is Al just a nice guy? Do you think the OL is not part of his keys to long term success with his vision for the future?

They are blockimg too high and not getting leverage onrunning plays. This is so basic and is alwys true\on Kehoe teams. Ol Miss found this out and it cost Ogeron his job.

Advertisement
And most of OL is there. Not waiting for summer for someone to arrive. I don't understand what is going on

There were four sacks yesterday with no blitzing, can you imagine how many sacks there would have been if this inexperienced, undisciplined, poorly coached line faced blitzes yesterday. This could be scary bad if they do not improve.

Advertisement
Back