We Were Warned

I was sucked in a bit last year by the defense that was largely Willis. How many top 50 offenses has Manny ever shut down here?
steve2.gif

Advertisement
Sigh. Your child like analysis is barely worth the response but ok.

2016 West Viriginia had the 23rd ranked offense in the country, averaging 479 yards a game. Miami's defense held them to 229 yards and 14 points.
2017 Virginia Tech 479 held to 299 and 10 points.

I'll just stop there because your statement is so preposterous but I can find 10-15 more games where we held teams below their average scoring and yardage numbers if I took the time, but won't bother.

You find one or two games and try to play it off as the norm.

If you can't absorb how many times over the previous three years this D kept us in games while the offense **** the bed for 60 minutes, then you are either blind or willfully ignorant.

I'm sure it's the latter.
2017 Notre Dame averaged 448 yards and 34 points per game (both top 30).
Held them to 261 yards and 8 points.

I understand the frustration over him as HC and the bad losses this year, but don’t get the criticism of his past success as our DC. His defenses were the only unit on any Canes team over the last 13 years to consistently excel.

We run the perfect scheme for a Miami defense. We lack a star interior d lineman and speed at the LB position. If we had those then our secondary would have better numbers than they do.

One of the most aggressive defensive schemes u can run and what to we pair it with on the opposite side of the ball? One of the most conservative offenses u can run. The west coast. What we need to run is something aggressive like the air Coryell vertical passing attack. We won’t hit every play, but when we do, it will be for a 50+yd bomb. Kosi would show out in that offense. Think RG III. He ran the air Coryell passing attack and look what he did.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2...ired-texas-performance-review-what-went-wrong

"It remains something of a mystery how a coordinator who enjoyed as much success as Diaz did prior to 2012 could fail as spectacularly as he did thereafter, but by the time last week's debacle mercifully came to an end, there was no mystery about the fact that the Texas defense was a hopelessly broken unit.
Perhaps Manny Diaz's schemes were workable with players who had already been taught the fundamentals of defensive football, which would plausibly explain why he thrived with the unit he inherited from Muschamp, but struggled as the core of that group moved on. That seemed to be Charlie Weis's problem at Notre Dame, where his "decided schematic advantage" proved to be empty boasting absent any "basic grasp of fundamentals."

View attachment 100040

I see no identifier - but is that doo doo?

This is why one should never, EVER take a laxative and sleeping pills at the same time.

You end up with a University of Miami Coaching Situation.

LOL....way to come up with games 3-4 seasons ago and you only came up with 2 over rated teams(much like dIAZ dEFENSE) Come up with something recent like my examples of dIAZ d constantly getting raped by subpar teams in the last 2 years. Anyone with decent talent and some knowledge of how to run an Offense destroys dIAZ. People already have him figured out. Yes the O sucked a$$ the last few years but there are 20 Defenses last year that were better than Miami. Again he beats up on the JV schedule.
Only one blind is you Ray with your orange and green glasses. There is a reason nobody......NOBODY but Temple and UM that were interested in dIAZ as a HC.

How the *** you lose to a team with 1st year HC transitioning his team from triple option offense to a somewhat normal offense.
First Miami coach since the 1970s to lose his first 2 games
Lost to a HC that has been sitting in a studio booth for 6 years with a true freshman QB and the old Oline coach dIAZ fired.
dIAZ is a used car salesman and your the idiot being sold

You clowns are all the same. You specifically ask for something, then when it's given to you, you marginalize or ignore it. Now the first two examples are overrated??

Lmao.

The examples are old because I started from the beginning numb nuts. I could find many more if I had kept going. But you don't care about that. You only want to regurg your JV comment for the 40th time and change the subject.

Manny is failing now, but his D for the previous three seasons is the primary reason this team won anything. Anyone with half a brain can see that. They kept us in or flat out won us games when our offense didn't do jack.

Grow up and try to be even a little bit objective.

Advertisement
We run the perfect scheme for a Miami defense. We lack a star interior d lineman and speed at the LB position. If we had those then our secondary would have better numbers than they do.

One of the most aggressive defensive schemes u can run and what to we pair it with on the opposite side of the ball? One of the most conservative offenses u can run. The west coast. What we need to run is something aggressive like the air Coryell vertical passing attack. We won’t hit every play, but when we do, it will be for a 50+yd bomb. Kosi would show out in that offense. Think RG III. He ran the air Coryell passing attack and look what he did.
Yes. I just don't know why we don't go downfield more. Against GT N'kosi often seemed to have time. Too much dinking and dunking into the flats and sidelines.

Did you read the article? Manny is like Weiss, a guy who never played actual football and therefore immersed himself in the "schematics." This can only go so far and he doesn't pay attention to the fundementals. Why? Because he never learned them himself. What are the fundamentals of football? Blocking and Tackling. What is Miami truly sucking at? Yep, Blocking and Tackling.
You think it's bad now wait 'til they insist on bringing in women assistant coaches....mark my words, it will happen.

You think it's bad now wait 'til they insist on bringing in women assistant coaches....mark my words, it will happen.
guaranteed thats where the superkunts at Hecht are headed. Listen to Matador --- he was in pre-med !

Yes. I just don't know why we don't go downfield more. Against GT N'kosi often seemed to have time. Too much dinking and dunking into the flats and sidelines.
I expected the dinking and dunking, that’s what the west coast is. But I thought it would be out of the spread that way or playmakers could get the ball in space. Similar to the way Urban runs the west coast while also implementing heavy spread concepts like RPO’s and zone reads. Manny made some horrible hires this off season. He’s the type of coach that needs to play the CEO role and have elite, young and hungry assistants around him.

Advertisement
You clowns are all the same. You specifically ask for something, then when it's given to you, you marginalize or ignore it. Now the first two examples are overrated??

Lmao.

The examples are old because I started from the beginning numb nuts. I could find many more if I had kept going. But you don't care about that. You only want to regurg your JV comment for the 40th time and change the subject.

Manny is failing now, but his D for the previous three seasons is the primary reason this team won anything. Anyone with half a brain can see that. They kept us in or flat out won us games when our offense didn't do jack.

Grow up and try to be even a little bit objective.

I am objective......yes the O has sucked and the d has kept UM in the game. Doesnt mean they are some great defense. You cant find anymore that is why you had to go back that far. The only clowns are the AD, dIAZ, and the coaching staff. But keep buying those tickets to the circus. You cant see cause you have the orange and green glasses on. Enjoy your life in your moms basement

I expected the dinking and dunking, that’s what the west coast is. But I thought it would be out of the spread that way or playmakers could get the ball in space. Similar to the way Urban runs the west coast while also implementing heavy spread concepts like RPO’s and zone reads. Manny made some horrible hires this off season. He’s the type of coach that needs to play the CEO role and have elite, young and hungry assistants around him.
heres the deal with Diaz .... if you were available and a considered a top, elite OC or DC, meaning not desperate to take any job you were offered, would you even seriously consider coming to an irrelevant program like Miami to work for a rookie head coach like Manny Diaz ? think about that and see how we ended up with Enos and Baker. how many other programs were fighting to get these two slugs ?

heres the deal with Diaz .... if you were available and a considered a top, elite OC or DC, meaning not desperate to take any job you were offered, would you even seriously consider coming to an irrelevant program like Miami to work for a rookie head coach like Manny Diaz ? think about that and see how we ended up with Enos and Baker. how many other programs were fighting to get these two slugs ?
You’re right. Forget I said elite and leave the young and hungry OC. An up-and-coming OC that will bring in the right scheme. I don’t think it’s that difficult to convince coaches to come here. Especially a young coach who can afford to take a risk if things don’t work out. Not many people would turn down a million dollars and south beach.

Can't you say names? Not everybody remembers last year's numbers...and I'm not searching for last year's roster just to make sense out of your post.

Almost as stupid as lazy people who throw around initials instead of names.
Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick redwine, joe Jackson, Mike Jackson, Gerald Willis and the back up lb last year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back