We Were Warned

Advertisement
I was sucked in a bit last year by the defense that was largely Willis. How many top 50 offenses has Manny ever shut down here?
How many top 50 offenses have we actually played?..since manny has been here we haven’t really been in “shootouts” except for this year. I tried to tell ppl replacing 4, 22, 99, 9, 28, and also 35 from last years D wouldn’t be automatic.

RJ gone Willis gone....didnt recruit a disrupter at DT. Now his scheme is fuqed....it showed signs of glaring issues whwn he was here. Any team with equal or better players boat raced us.

How anyone wanted him hired as lazy as he is on the recruiting trail is beyond me

Advertisement
RJ gone Willis gone....didnt recruit a disrupter at DT. Now his scheme is fuqed....it showed signs of glaring issues whwn he was here. Any team with equal or better players boat raced us.

How anyone wanted him hired as lazy as he is on the recruiting trail is beyond me
He acts like Spurrier on the trail for christ sake

Ah yes the classic let’s find the statistical category he excelled in a declare he’s the best “yards per play” which is a metric that ignores giving up long drives and third downs which for the majority of his Canes career he was atrocious at.

His scoring and total defenses as a Hurricane coach managed top ten one time. He was a solid DC on a team that plays in the easiest conference in football, whose career as a coordinator was up and down, and who consistently got demolished by top programs.

The overrating of Diaz as DC is why he got hired. If people took a second to look at what an actual elite Miami defense was, then maybe they wouldn’t have blown Diaz so much and maybe the BOT wouldn’t have determined he was our savior long before Rick retired.
Look, from where we were b4 manny got here on D to what we became at the end of 16 through last year, Manny did a great job. There’s no fair way of saying he didn’t. Unless your just looking for another reason to hate how’s he’s performed as a HC..guys who many on this board dismissed as “jags” p ok at at all conference/all American level under him:
Corn
Mike jack
Rayshawn
Carter
Harris
Jaquan
Redwine
Chad
Those names were all apart I’d that sorry *** Defense under golden n co.

Advertisement
Says one of the chieftains of slurping.

I’m a troll bc I dislike the really unqualified coach that is wetting his pants every week?

No, you’re not a Canes fan. You created this account specifically to troll.

Your early posts gave it away, now you’ve just taken it and are running with it.

Wisconsin not Maryland but..........Basically any team with a half decent offense and some talent....dIAZ pads the stats beating up on JV schedule but what top 50 offense has he actually stopped.............he has been overrated since his days at UT
Oh ****, I thought I put Wisky.

Advertisement
Look, from where we were b4 manny got here on D to what we became at the end of 16 through last year, Manny did a great job. There’s no fair way of saying he didn’t. Unless your just looking for another reason to hate how’s he’s performed as a HC..guys who many on this board dismissed as “jags” p ok at at all conference/all American level under him:
Corn
Mike jack
Rayshawn
Carter
Harris
Jaquan
Redwine
Chad
Those names were all apart I’d that sorry *** Defense under golden n co.

He did so well as a DC here. But your post doesn't refute the original post which says Manny does well with players who have been taught the fundamentals. It then shows evidence that he isn't able to teach fundamentals himself by showing how well he did with players he inherited vs players he recruited and coached.

Those are all Goldens players you listed. Heck most of the seniors on this year's team were Golden recruits.

He did so well as a DC here. But your post doesn't refute the original post which says Manny does well with players who have been taught the fundamentals. It then shows evidence that he isn't able to teach fundamentals himself by showing how well he did with players he inherited vs players he recruited and coached.

Those are all Goldens players you listed. Heck most of the seniors on this year's team were Golden recruits.
so wtf were the fundamentals when Golden was coaching the same players year after year?? Cause it **** sure ain’t show up. Those were the worse Tackling defenses Miami has ever had for years..manny and co introduced a whole different tackling technique, front 7 technique, and rumph changed the coverage teq ..that they taught those golden players..and not all those standouts on that 18 defense( the best performing under manny) were JRs or SRs when manny took over..you actually tryna give Golden’s staff credit for mannys defensive performance??

Advertisement
so wtf were the fundamentals when Golden was coaching the same players year after year?? Cause it **** sure ain’t show up. Those were the worse Tackling defenses Miami has ever had for years..manny and co introduced a whole different tackling technique, front 7 technique, and rumph changed the coverage teq ..that they taught those golden players..and not all those standouts on that 18 defense( the best performing under manny) were JRs or SRs when manny took over..you actually tryna give Golden’s staff credit for mannys defensive performance??

Yeah cool. We agree. That still doesn't change anything that I said.

Let's rewrite the original post content in a more direct premise (this helps when trying to understand what something SAYS vs what you FEEL):

Manny Diaz runs a scheme that requires players to be well-schooled in the fundamentals. Manny Diaz has not had success when he is the original teacher of the fundamentals out of High School.

The comparison here is that Manny Diaz has had success here as DC with Al Goldens players. What can you infer from this? Well on one side you can guess that Golden is a good recruiter. On the other side you can say that Manny (likely) runs a very good (and advanced) scheme. Then again you can also infer that Golden (really Mark NoD here) teaches better fundamentals.

Why these comparisons? Well, it appears Manny is on track to implode as he did in the past (at Texas).

Yeah cool. We agree. That still doesn't change anything that I said.

Let's rewrite the original post content in a more direct premise (this helps when trying to understand what something SAYS vs what you FEEL):

Manny Diaz runs a scheme that requires players to be well-schooled in the fundamentals. Manny Diaz has not had success when he is the original teacher of the fundamentals out of High School.

The comparison here is that Manny Diaz has had success here as DC with Al Goldens players. What can you infer from this? Well on one side you can guess that Golden is a good recruiter. On the other side you can say that Manny (likely) runs a very good (and advanced) scheme. Then again you can also infer that Golden (really Mark NoD here) teaches better fundamentals.

Why these comparisons? Well, it appears Manny is on track to implode as he did in the past (at Texas).
Or you can say, yes Golden got some talent but never got it out of them..then manny came in and developed them to get them to play at a high level..the thing is Manny and tore down the defense..so no Dno and Golden get absolutely no credit for fundamentals or **** to me lol

No.

Manny did fine as a DC here.

I agree.

I also have to wonder how many other DC's would have done "fine" here after getting South Florida kids back to a South Florida style attack defense....all they have ever basically known.

I'm seriously not knocking Manny here, I'm glad as **** he brought it back, but it was kind of like being thrown bologna when your starving and it tasting like the best pork chop you ever had...our kids and recruits were literally begging for it.

I agree.

I also have to wonder how many other DC's would have done "fine" here after getting South Florida kids back to a South Florida style attack defense....all they have ever basically known.

I'm seriously not knocking Manny here, I'm glad as **** he brought it back, but it was kind of like being thrown bologna when your starving and it tasting like the best pork chop you ever had...our kids and recruits were literally begging for it.
I don’t know who would’ve done better, but he did turn that unit around. What I was impressed with tho was his ability to make adjustments in game and tinker in the offseason.

Advertisement
Back